Page 11 of 11 First First ... 7891011

Thread: THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

I am not saying gamers don't frequent forums.... full stop. I am saying very few do.... and I'm comparing the hundreds of thousands of games sold; to how many individuals/buyers frequent a particular forum.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Lady_Of_The_Vine
    lol. According to reports out there, Thief sold exceptionally well:
    http://gearnuke.com/thief-sells-ps4-...ber-1-uk-week/
    That link doesn't say anything about Thief selling "exceptionally well." All it says is that it sold more on the PS4 than it did on the Xbox One. Yes, it was ranked #1, but that's only for a one week period of time, the week it was released.

While I start to very like this game (I've even dreamed to be in it, that's very surprising!), this forum is quite badly made: it does not keep the logins, username and passwords neither. This could discourage people (myself included), who has constantly to do the complete login procedure: entering username and password anytime. Plus: white background and black writes, horrible, it makes the eyes stressing. The previous site was quite good, that is the way with which any forum should do... or at least we should select our own colours of background and writes, as in ttlg, if I remember correct. White background decreases the life of the monitor too.

Originally Posted by brethren
    That link doesn't say anything about Thief selling "exceptionally well." All it says is that it sold more on the PS4 than it did on the Xbox One. Yes, it was ranked #1, but that's only for a one week period of time, the week it was released.
    I wasn't quoting from the link I gave.
    "Exceptionally well" is my own interpretation of the reports that are out there which imply healthier sales than massimilianogoi's fears of "sold so few".
    signature image

The only reason I put "exceptionally well" in quotes is because I was quoting you.

But if you're not using that link to back up your statement, then why are you providing the link? That doesn't make any sense.

Originally Posted by massimilianogoi
    While I start to very like this game (I've even dreamed to be in it, that's very surprising!), this forum is quite badly made: it does not keep the logins, username and passwords neither. This could discourage people (myself included), who has constantly to do the complete login procedure: entering username and password anytime. Plus: white background and black writes, horrible, it makes the eyes stressing. The previous site was quite good, that is the way with which any forum should do... or at least we should select our own colours of background and writes, as in ttlg, if I remember correct. White background decreases the life of the monitor too.
    Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. On the left hand side there is a drop down that allows you to choose some of the existing Square Enix Skins. I chose the Tombraider 10 Dark skin. I don't know why the admins simply can't copy this skin for Thief and replace the banner at the top with the thief logo. Simply copy paste. Wouldn't take anymore than 10 minutes.

The only reason I put "exceptionally well" in quotes is because I was quoting you.
    But if you're not using that link to back up your statement, then why are you providing the link? That doesn't make any sense.
    Which part of "exceptionally well" do you think I need to back up?
    As I've already stated, this is my own interpretation of the reports that are out there and I provided the link as a valid example that the game sold well and only in response to Massy's joke about the game selling "so few". Read back from the beginning of the convo if it helps.

There are plenty of reports on the internet, here are a couple more I've just found, fyi:
    Thief scales UK charts, "smashes" first week sales of Deadly Shadows
    Thief has been the best-selling boxed game in the UK this past week, according to the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40. Not only that, it’s the second best-selling UK number 1 so far this year - behind only FIFA 14.
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/thief/thief-...deadly-shadows

Thief tops chart with 75% sales on Xbox One, PS4
    Thief is the brand new all-format number one, knocking The LEGO Movie Video Game down to second.

The Square Enix title is the second biggest-selling number one of 2014 behind FIFA 14, with 75% of sales coming for Xbox One and PS4.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...p4SBQdPdeWpt01
    signature image

Let's not make this into a huge debate - I wasn't disputing whether the game sold well or not. I was just specifically questioning your original link, which really didn't say anything concrete about the topic at hand.

Lol, you're the one that has made it into a "huge debate"... if that's what you call it.
    I simply responded to your comments; just like you have responded to mine.

What exactly are you questioning about my original link? Its a link to a report regarding Thief sales, is it not?
    signature image

Yes, but comparative sales, not total sales. As I mentioned in my original post, there's nothing in that article about the game selling well. It just mentions that it sold more on the PS4 than on the Xbox One, and that it was ranked #1 for the week. These are comparison figures. They don' have anything to do with the total number of games sold.

For all we know, Thief could have sold 10 copies on the PS4, and 5 copies on the Xbox One. Are those good sales numbers? Is that your definition of selling "exceptionally well?"

Not to mention that your article was using stats from only the first week of sales. Unless the game is GTA 5, it's pretty tough to determine how well a game did after only one week.

Didn't you say you weren't disputing whether the game sold well or not?
    As far as I can make out, the game sold well.... and certainly much better than "very few".

For all we know, Thief could have sold 10 copies on the PS4, and 5 copies on the Xbox One.....
    LOL, this is where I depart from the discussion and leave you to your own sense of logic and reasoning.
    signature image

Didn't you say you weren't disputing whether the game sold well or not?
    Yes, I did. Why are you bringing that up, did I contradict myself somewhere? If so, I don't see it. Tbh, I have no idea how well the game sold or not. I'm guessing no figures have been released or someone here would have posted them.

Tbh, I have no idea how well the game sold or not. I'm guessing no figures have been released or someone here would have posted them.
    As stated earlier, the reports out there imply the game sold very well. We don't need to have exact figures to understand this, do we?
    Lets look at it from a different angle... how many games on average do you think must be sold in order to reach the number 1 spot?
    signature image

Lets look at it from a different angle... how many games on average do you think must be sold in order to reach the number 1 spot?
    See, this is where I think you keep missing the point. Just being in the #1 spot doesn't mean anything, because you're just comparing Thief's sales to the sales of other games. It can be the top seller for the week and still have poor overall sales. It may just mean the competition is weak. There's a big difference in being #1 if you're going up against Halo/Call Of Duty/Assassin's Creed as compared to going up against The Lego Movie.

And even though you've posted multiple links, they all basically say the same thing. All three are articles posted from the first week that Thief 2014 was released. That's not a very large or accurate sample size when you're talking about how the game did overall. So on that note, yes, you do need to have some exact figures to know if the game sold well. Because just comparing it to other game's sales doesn't tell you anything.

My original point is not how many units the game actually sold, but whether or not it sold "so few". Please read the beginning of the discussion with Massi.
    Being in the number one spot must mean it sold more than the 10 copies on the PS4, and 5 copies on the Xbox One, that you suggested.
    signature image

I thought it was fairly obvious, but those numbers were exaggerated in order to make a point. It seems the point was missed.

Why exaggerate, lol, why not just keep it real.
    The only point you've actually made is you don't believe that Thief sales were in any way favourable. That's your prerogative and I'm fine with that. I, on the other hand, believe otherwise.... and that was my point.
    signature image

The only point you've actually made is you don't believe that Thief sales were in any way favourable.
    I don't think you're paying attention here.

You're not thinking straight here.
    Lets recap. I believe the game sold exceptionally well. You appear to have a problem with me saying that because the report I linked to didn't actually use those words.
    So I replied and reassured you that this was my own interpretation of the information given in the reports.
    I still believe this is so.... and that was my point.
    So, what was your point?
    signature image

Please help. I am in chapter 6 trying to get to the barons study. I am stuck in The vent you have to go through yup get around the blocked door. It won't let me jump down or enter the secret side room. I have tried saving and reloading but that didn't help.

Question HELP Stuck in attic

Hi,

I have just completed Chapter 2 and have been doing some exploring. I ended up in an attic room in the BlackFurrow district where I found the newspaper Town Clock Stops Again, a letter opener and a broach.

Does anyone know how to get out safely? I can get back through the window but I don't appear to be able to get down safely. Is there an internal exit to this room?

Thanks

Page 11 of 11 First First ... 7891011