Thread: DIALOG TO OBTAIN BENEFITS

DIALOG TO OBTAIN BENEFITS

Do you remember a mission in hitman contract where 47 may pay a prostitute to distract a guard, or that mission where youre target uncover you because 47 refeuse a glass of vodka ..

I would really enjoy in the new chapter of hitman the possibility to obtain benefit through interacting with people
    .It will work like in deus ex human revolution
    when 47 start to talk with someone to obtain benefit the player have to choose one of 4 possible phrases to say and then the dialag goes on for like other 3 times you have to choose the answer ..
    The interesting thing is that there are at least 2 ways of correct answer to gain the benefit .. for example the first answer way that may be good is A B D but it may also be good B C A to obtain benefit if you choose C D A
    the interlocutor become suspicious in the other way of answer it does not happen nothing

Completely agreed.

I was also thinking about having disguises associated with the ability to speak to specific people to find out new info or activate side errands or collectibles

Couldn't you also do this in Hitman 1?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by agent047 View Post
    Do you remember a mission in hitman contract where 47 may pay a prostitute to distract a guard, or that mission where youre target uncover you because 47 refeuse a glass of vodka ..

I would really enjoy in the new chapter of hitman the possibility to obtain benefit through interacting with people
    .It will work like in deus ex human revolution
    when 47 start to talk with someone to obtain benefit the player have to choose one of 4 possible phrases to say and then the dialag goes on for like other 3 times you have to choose the answer ..
    The interesting thing is that there are at least 2 ways of correct answer to gain the benefit .. for example the first answer way that may be good is A B D but it may also be good B C A to obtain benefit if you choose C D A
    the interlocutor become suspicious in the other way of answer it does not happen nothing
    i remember this... but i also think i remember it being really easy to manipulate, i think i just ended up pressing the same button every time, and it just became an automatic response - and i would skip through the dialogue...

not to say that like its completely a bad thing... i see potential in these kinds of 'interactions', overall they need a little work tho, in all the games i have seen them in (there have been a few) it always seems to be short lived... either the next installment ditches it, or the response from the gamers isn't good

for whatever reason this style of play hasn't taken off or seen much success, i think its a matter of someone getting it right...

Alpha Protocol did this well. You could only choose from one of 3-4 responses. For example, if you had the choice between knowing the location of a target, and of a valuable item you needed to recover, you could only know one and you'd have to continue with that choice in mind. However, if your skills in tech aptitude were high enough, you could choose both. Hitman isn't really an RPG, so it wouldn't work as well, but I think it'd be cool if you were caught trespassing or something and you entered a 'dialogue QTE'. Example:
    47 is caught in an off-limits area, in suit, by a policeman. They walk up to him.
    X - 'aggressive' response (KO or kill)
    B - bluff (works on civilians, has a 50/50 chance with policemen)
    Y - play confused (works, but only once)
    A - miscellaneous response

NO interaction will be necessary for accomplish any missions, it will be only helpful

Target 1: Buyer who arrives in a bar with rooms upstairs
    Target 2: Seller in a private big building in front of the bar
    Info: meeting at the seller s private place
    Interaction possible with the barman with a prostitute and with the seller, new info on the buyer

If 47 first talk with the barman and choose the right sequences of answer he acknoledge infos on the local product vodka and the barman will also tell the exatly position of the prostitute (that you can also find by yourself)

Then 47 pay the prostitute to distract the buyer but he will be succesful only if he choose the right answer like: Yesterday my friend was dumped by his girlfriend make him forget about her ..then you kill him.
    The new infos on the buyer was about the product he was going to buy that is vodka

47 goes to meet the seller and if is dressed up like the buyer he will be searched by the sellerguards then he will entry in the room alone with the seller that offers him a glass of vodka,(47 may let fall the gun through the chimney)

Now the player have to choose if is better to be afraid to get poisoned by the seller or to act lowprofile for remain undercover,

At the question do you want a glass of vodka 47 may answer -A no because I m abstemious -B no because I never drink during business -C yes but these are the wrong glass for drinking vodka -D yes please

If the player afraid to get poisoned choose A/B the target will activate a silent allarm (47 may have already deactivate upstream before the meeting)

If you answer C you will choose wich glass is the right one for vodka from 4 glasses
    If you got the infos from the barman you will know the glass

If the player choose D or C and then the wrong glass, 47 will receive a poisoned drink

I WOULD REALLY LIKE INTERACTION OF THIS KIND

Quote Originally Posted by gkkiller View Post
    Example:
    47 is caught in an off-limits area, in suit, by a policeman. They walk up to him.
    i think we mentioned something like this on another thread.. i'm curious if something like this would work with 'hitman'

it might work really well... or it may just not fit with 47...

idk - i guess we would have to leave it up to the dev's and testers to make it right

Agreed mcescher1, and I guess that's our purpose here. To start thinking in all directions hopefully contribute to IOs own ideas and let them drive those home!

I think this would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by gkkiller View Post
    Alpha Protocol did this well. You could only choose from one of 3-4 responses. For example, if you had the choice between knowing the location of a target, and of a valuable item you needed to recover, you could only know one and you'd have to continue with that choice in mind. However, if your skills in tech aptitude were high enough, you could choose both. Hitman isn't really an RPG, so it wouldn't work as well, but I think it'd be cool if you were caught trespassing or something and you entered a 'dialogue QTE'. Example:
    also it could work, any new ideas or opinions about dialog to obtain benefits?

refresh