Thread: Will the success or failure of Nosgoth determine the future of LoK?

Will the success or failure of Nosgoth determine the future of LoK?

I'd hate for Nosgoth to not connect with fans and for the higher-ups to take that to mean no one is interested in Legacy of Kain.

Do you guys think that the success or failure of Nosgoth will determine the fate of the franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by Tox1cboy View Post
    I'd hate for Nosgoth to not connect with fans and for the higher-ups to take that to mean no one is interested in Legacy of Kain.

Do you guys think that the success or failure of Nosgoth will determine the fate of the franchise?
    If this one will success, we'll probably just get Nosgoth 2 or something like that. I doubt it that something will change with the franchise - the chances of getting new proper LoK game similar to chances of getting new Resident Evil in old-school style.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance Reaver View Post
    If this one will success, we'll probably just get Nosgoth 2 or something like that.
    Nosgoth has been designed to be a platform, similar to other F2P games, so that it's constantly updated and expanded over time, thus making a sequel redundant.

If it does well, then it adds value to the IP allowing us to explore what other options we have with LoK.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Nosgoth has been designed to be a platform, similar to other F2P games, so that it's constantly updated and expanded over time, thus making a sequel redundant.

If it does well, then it adds value to the IP allowing us to explore what other options we have with LoK.
    That's actually what I meant. Not the direct sequel but another experiment - I don't know, Sims LoK or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance Reaver View Post
    That's actually what I meant. Not the direct sequel but another experiment - I don't know, Sims LoK or something.
    That seems unlikely, but right now it's impossible to say as we're all genuinely focussing on getting Nosgoth into Open Beta as swiftly and smoothly as we can right now.

actually a story based game with Nosgoth mechanics would be awesome. kinda like dragon age origins where you chose race at the beginning of the game and the rest of the game would change acordingly
    signature image

I certainly hope that the future of LoK is not dependent on Nosgoth's success, because if it is, we might as well give up all hope...

Well a game series that hasn't had an entry for nearly a decade is getting a game. At this point I imagine any sort of attention the series gets would have a real impact on its possible future.
    signature image

Lets face it: according to the figures, LoK was an increasingly dwindling niche market. We all loved it, sure, but there was getting to be a problem justifying spending millions on such a niche market.

After a decade without a release and two cancelled games, they finally have something worthwhile to show us that will get others interested and have them asking about the wider LoK series, looking into it and getting the old games; and it really helps that Nosgoth has some fantastic gameplay, interesting mechanics and is a little unusual and different from your regular multiplayer experience.

Some new blood and attention asking after it is the best way to get what we all want and demonstrate to them that it is indeed worthwhile making Lok games. Same old faces complaining will demonstrate that it's not.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia