Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: oculus rift support ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1

    oculus rift support ?

    I think it would be really cool if this game would also have the oculus rift support. oculus rift will come out soon, maybe this year I don't know or early next year and the IOI team will have time to add this, if they want to do that of course.

    But anyway I can't stop imagining what it would be like if they would add this feature. The first Hitman game and you're actually IN the game, well you feel like you are at least, haha. The idea of this would be super cool, at least for me

    Thanks for reading
    .

  2. #2
    don't bet on it...

    as much as we would all like occulus rift to become mainstream and to become the social norm, i don't see it happening in the near future... although it should

    keep dreaming fishface1973... YOU KEEP DREAMING YOU HEAR ME!!!!!!! DON'T LET ANYONE BREAK YOUR SPIRIT!!!!!!!!

    YOUR BEAUTIFUL FISH FACE SPIRIT FROM 1973!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHKVBIANBANVANBKANBKANK

  3. #3
    I have yet to wear a thick headset like the one you mentioned without pain and discomfort after an hour or two of wearing. For that reason alone I doubt that device is gonna take off, nor will it be popular enough for mainstream support.

  4. #4
    This sounds like a bad idea, since Hitman is mainly played in third person. This oculus thingy will probably be best for firstperson games.
    Question: What is a console? Answer: It´s an unupgradable PC

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    I have yet to wear a thick headset like the one you mentioned without pain and discomfort after an hour or two of wearing. For that reason alone I doubt that device is gonna take off, nor will it be popular enough for mainstream support.
    those problems disappear with a large budget and a good design

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    those problems disappear with a large budget and a good design
    Large budget, as in expensive?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    Large budget, as in expensive?
    more like a couple hundred million dollars in research and development, as well as a little on top for marketing

    you know... like playstation or xbox

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    more like a couple hundred million dollars in research and development, as well as a little on top for marketing

    you know... like playstation or xbox
    It doesn't require 100 million dollars to develop a comfortable headset.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    It doesn't require 100 million dollars to develop a comfortable headset.
    no but materials, programming, marketing, executive salaries, and worldwide distribution do

  10. #10
    Occulus rift I feel will be a bypassed technology as things exist already that utilize existing technologies already in a more efficient way, none of that is ready for manufacturing its merely commercial pilot projects, Sony thinks they are leading the way with one of their projects but their way off compared to what the private sector has coming for them from glass development.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    no but materials, programming, marketing, executive salaries, and worldwide distribution do
    The Sony Pulse headset. Your ears feel like they're gonna come off after 45 minutes. It doesn't take all the money in the world to design comfortable hardware. Just people who know what they're doing.

  12. #12
    i was commenting on making occulus rift mainstream, more accessible, better designed, and distributed

    i dont know what occulus rift has planned or if they will blow up to be a leader in consoles... but it seems to me they are more of an independent developer - and that puts them at a very large disadvantage to companies like microsoft and sony

    and until they have a large company like that i dont see them landing big titles like hitman or assassins creed or anything like it

    granted they may have titles that develop and grow into something spectacular but that will take years and years of growth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •