Thread: On a different note, remake Blood Money

On a different note, remake Blood Money

Hitman 6 should be an entirely original game, but Blood Money is such a classic with so many irreplaceable levels, like Murder of Crows and Dance With the Devil, that IO should do a remake with every level in Blood Money + The Meat King Party using the Glacier engine. Or maybe as DLC.

I totally agree. But not only the Meat kings party. They should remake the entire third game Hitman Contracts aswell as Blood Money
    Question: What is a console? Answer: It´s an unupgradable PC

It's wishful thinking more than anything. Personally, if they just made Hitman 6 it's own unique game but copied the contracts\BM game+level design i'd be just as happy. They just need to stay away from the Absolution model and story and we're good.
    There's a bullet for everyone.. And a time.. And a place..

Or maybe just select levels from the PS2 era and sell them as DLC as singles or bundled.

I agree with itsrob.

It may be wishful thinking sure. But remaking some of the classic levels into a modern game engine isn`t a bad idea. Perhaps the devs may consider that for Hitman 6. Its been done once before afterall. The "Traditions of the trade" mission in HM Contracts is a remake of another mission. If I´m not misstaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrakim1 View Post
    I totally agree. But not only the Meat kings party. They should remake the entire third game Hitman Contracts aswell as Blood Money
    Most of the levels were the same in Contracts. I think The Meat King Party is the only one that stands out. I started playing Contracts yesterday, after I finished The MKP I was in that Russian naval base I got so depressed. All the levels in Contracts are depressing. It's always dark and raining. There's a warehouse, a UN building, there isn't any other level that really stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrakim1 View Post
    It may be wishful thinking sure. But remaking some of the classic levels into a modern game engine isn`t a bad idea. Perhaps the devs may consider that for Hitman 6. Its been done once before afterall. The "Traditions of the trade" mission in HM Contracts is a remake of another mission. If I´m not misstaken.
    I was suggesting the idea as a bonus project, not for Hitman 6. H6 should be a entirely new game.

I'd love to have dlc flashback levels. But completely new ones, not remade old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by mikom View Post
    I'd love to have dlc flashback levels. But completely new ones, not remade old ones.
    Then calling them 'flashback' defeats the purpose.

I think instead of IO remaking Blood Money or doing DLC packs for it. I think it would be better for an indie team comprised of Hitman fans to do the remake. Similar to the Black Mesa Remake of Half Life.

IO could keep some of the features that worked in Blood Money that were absent in Absolution though.

Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    Most of the levels were the same in Contracts. I think The Meat King Party is the only one that stands out. I started playing Contracts yesterday, after I finished The MKP I was in that Russian naval base I got so depressed. All the levels in Contracts are depressing. It's always dark and raining. There's a warehouse, a UN building, there isn't any other level that really stands out.
    Well I loved the dark and rainy levels in Contracts.

Then calling them 'flashback' defeats the purpose.
    Let me specify what I meant then. I meant, I would love to see dlc levels set in 47s past but not part of his past which has already been seen. So to put it very clear, I dont want old levels remade.

Let me specify what I meant then. I meant, I would love to see dlc levels set in 47s past but not part of his past which has already been seen. So to put it very clear, I dont want old levels remade.
    DLC missions from 47's past which will most likely not include a storyline to tell you they're from his past. Check.

What are you talking about? Why wouldnt you know they were from his past? Contracts first level is a level set in his past yet exactly after the first game. That's what I want to see. Levels that flesh out his past even more, not remakes of things we've already seen.
    I dont need remakes on the old levels because I think they still hold up pretty well.

What are you talking about? Why wouldnt you know they were from his past? Contracts first level is a level set in his past yet exactly after the first game. That's what I want to see. Levels that flesh out his past even more, not remakes of things we've already seen.
    I dont need remakes on the old levels because I think they still hold up pretty well.
    Dude, welcome to the 21st century. As great as the old Hitman games were they were a decade behind in the graphics dept. even for their time. And that's what the yaysayers want to see. We want the classic levels with modern graphics. As far as knowing about his past, not everyone has read the Hitman novels or even played the PC exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsrob View Post
    It's wishful thinking more than anything. Personally, if they just made Hitman 6 it's own unique game but copied the contracts\BM game+level design i'd be just as happy. They just need to stay away from the Absolution model and story and we're good.
    Yup. I really missed the first-person view on the action in Absolution, not to mention how many levels were way too linear for a Hitman game.

Here's to hoping.

I think if they put any blood money missions in the game they should only be for contracts mode only

fyi, i think before they start adding old levels to new games.. they will just release new versions of the old games... compatible with new consoles

thats what i want to see... last time they did the hitman professional edition and they gave you all 3 previous games on the PC... it was worth it and an awesome package...

if they have another professional edition (which i think they will) they will probably have old games available for newer consoles... like bloodmoney on PS4 with maybe a few upgraded graphics and options like contracts mode or something

this is what im hoping for anyway

Dude, welcome to the 21st century. As great as the old Hitman games were they were a decade behind in the graphics dept. even for their time. And that's what the yaysayers want to see. We want the classic levels with modern graphics. As far as knowing about his past, not everyone has read the Hitman novels or even played the PC exclusive.
    If you havent played the first game, that's your predicament. You choose if you want to play it or not. It wasnt long ago they made and released a hd remake of silent assassin, contracts and blood money and now you want to remake them with better graphics again?! Why not stop making new games all together and just remake all the old games with new graphics over and over again? How many remakes with updated graphics do you need?

Every game only gets a set amount of dlcs, and I for one dont want those dlcs wasted on levels that already exists. I want to see new levels with new places and targets.

Them buy a pc, or play contracts which remade the best levels of the first one.

Why remake old levels again?

Anyone who would want to play the old levels has already played them.

There have only been five Hitman games. There are so many level/mission concepts that we have NOT seen in a Hitman game. Why keep redoing what we've already done when we could do something new?

Thank you Quajek

They should just make a Hitman 6 continuing with Bloodmoneys everything, and improving on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derangedxzombie View Post
    They should just make a Hitman 6 continuing with Bloodmoneys everything, and improving on it.
    Definitely not!