Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TR: DE Patch List Thread

TR: DE Patch List Thread

List bugs, glitches in order to make any future patching for the DE easier for the Devs should they check this thread out.

This thread will also be able to bring clarity to certain issues too eg. If it's a console specific firmware/hardware issue and not the game.

CD have done a wonderful job with the DE but it is entirely understandable that there will be a few technical issues on release so please keep the complaints civil.

Originally Posted by CD

We’re doing our best to monitor and respond to questions about Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition here on the forums, but want to offer you alternative means of reaching out to us.

One of the quickest ways to have your issue addressed is to create a ticket directly with Square Enix Support. Turnaround on responses is usually about 24 hours.

North America: http://support.na.square-enix.com/index.php
    Europe: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php?la=2
    French Language: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php?la=3
    German Language: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php?la=4
    Japan: http://support.jp.square-enix.com/main.php?la=0&id=2443

Also, you can call our customer service center at 1-310-846-0345.

Thank you for your support!

So far...

PS4 Version:

1) Bandage disappears from Lara's arm after the helicopter crash.

2) Rope bundle missing from Lara's leg after acquiring the 'Rope Arrow' upgrade.

3) Missing bandage from Lara's left hand later in the game.

4) Dead enemies/animals occasionally vanishing shortly after being killed so they cannot be looted.

5) TRESSFX 2.0 issues: Gravity defying hair during the 'upside down' section at the beginning and freezing hair when aiming.

NOTE: Given how much a strain TRESSFX 2.0 puts on the processor, if the hair issues simply cannot be fixed/were intentional so as not to slow the game down then we understand, *brofist for bringing TRESS to consoles*.

6) Bug during the 'adjusting the squelch' on the radio tower sequence.

7) Frozen hair while aiming.

8) Lara standing, crouching, then standing on exiting tunnels (wavedashing for any Tekken players on this thread).

9) Shadow of the old hair model when wearing alternate outfits.

10) XBONE Version of TR: DE, digital download version crashing.

11) XBONE (Lara's) Hair model issues.

12) XBONE Multiplayer stats resetting.

13) PS4/XBONE Issues loading new areas, either they do not appear or the game crashes (intallation to HDD issue?).

If mods want to organise this thread for efficiency then go for it.

DE is fantastic - I do hope this thread winds up more useful than the last one I started!
    "Jaffa Cakes" One liner to make it into the next TR!

I've already posted my technical issue in this forum under PS4 CE-34878-0
    You can copy that here if you wish

Lara doesn't have the bandage wrapped around her left hand as well.

I also noticed that at random times Lara puts away her weapon even in the middle of battle. So the moment you stop aiming she puts it on her back. Usually she holds the weapon till everyone is dead.

I think this happens if you die during a shootout since I only noticed it when I did die.

@milanbenes

The CE-34878-0 issue is a PS4 one which is something that Sony needs to fix for the console with an update.

Quote Originally Posted by IRON LOBSTER View Post

3) Certain weapon mods missing from weapon models during cutscenes - missing bindings from the recurve bow (if you collected them) during the wound burning scene in the helicopter wreck.
    The binding is missing in the standard version as well, it's not just in the DE
    signature image

@TheTombExplorer

Fixed

The " adjusting the squelch " bug is back on my ps4 copy. Is there any known ways around it yet? I have tried rotating it for a few minutes and reloading the save.

Good idea for a thread, IL. This deserve a sticky

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

how about *hair animation off while aiming a weapon*? does no one else notice this? ugh

in the beginning areas of the game before you get a weapon, pressing L2 will still turn TressFX physics OFF and her hair will turn into solid crap. It can't be done on purpose for some technical limitation because at some spots like around water or some indoor/outdoor transition spots it will turn on while aiming and work beautifully, no impact on performance or anything so its just some weird glitch.

5) Gravity defying hair during the 'upside down' section at the beginning.
    Wall, I'm NOT sure whether this is very difficult to animate or something, however her hair also does not fall when:

•She's kneeling/crawling on the floor (for example, when she first kills, she looks down while on the ground, but her hair stays behind her back.
    •When she's caught in a rope trap her hair doesn't fall.

However, I can understand that's might be difficult to change, but maybe you could change the hair so it turns around in those sequences only.
    signature image

Yeah, given how much strain TRESSFX 2.0 is on the processor I'll stick a little disclaimer on the hair point.

Apparently tessellation is completely disabled in the PS4 version.

I don't know if this is a bug, or a technical limitation, but I'd imagine that the PS4 should be able to handle at least a moderate amount of it (roughly equivalent to medium setting on PC).

Yeah, given how much strain TRESSFX 2.0 is on the processor I'll stick a little disclaimer on the hair point.
    there are some points where TressFX can be enabled while aiming and as long as you can continue to go forward without having to jump across something, you can just keep going forward into a gunfight or anything holding down aim. I have done done this many times and it does not affect performance at all. You wouldnt go around holding aim for too long during normal play either.

Please could you add a frame rate limiter (30hz) to the video options menu on PS4. The game is awesome but the judder/stutter produced by the inconsistent frame rate is annoying. Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandal gab View Post
    Please could you add a frame rate limiter (30hz) to the video options menu on PS4. The game is awesome but the stutter produced by the inconsistent frame rate is annoying. Many Thanks
    Seconded.

also another one. Lara's old hair model shadow shows up on her when using any of the alternate outfits (except for Hunter) it creates an odd look when you notice it in cutscenes or just looking at her shadow on the ground.

Is it just me or the hair don't move when she is holding a gun but they need to fix that because it looks like standard hair movement and some parts I think its rush.

Quote Originally Posted by hipeople5100 View Post
    Is it just me or the hair don't move when she is holding a gun but they need to fix that because it looks like standard hair movement and some parts I think its rush.
    yeah Ive pointed that out. Hopefully it get's noticed.

Everyone mentions good points that I have experienced on DE for the ps4. One I notice a lot is that Lara crouches and stands back up immediately every time she exits a tunnel.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh88My7Ki0Q

Look at 06:40 as she exits the tunnel and happens every time you exit any tunnel for that fact. It's nothing big but looks out of place after awhile.

Checked post game - Tress hair model is on all bonus outfits.

A message from CD, folks.
    (IL, can you add this to your OP?)

Quote Originally Posted by CD
    We’re doing our best to monitor and respond to questions about Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition here on the forums, but want to offer you alternative means of reaching out to us.

One of the quickest ways to have your issue addressed is to create a ticket directly with Square Enix Support. Turnaround on responses is usually about 24 hours.

North America: http://support.na.square-enix.com/index.php
    Europe: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php?la=2
    French Language: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php?la=3
    German Language: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php?la=4
    Japan: http://support.jp.square-enix.com/main.php?la=0&id=2443

Also, you can call our customer service center at 1-310-846-0345.

Thank you for your support!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

@Driber

Done.

At it's lowest frame rate drops, TRE on the PS4 still runs smoother than the XBONE version at over 30 FPS. I've only had frame rate drops on the Shipwreck Beach HUB but post game, everywhere runs smoothly.

For those of you who upgraded your PS4's HDD, games in general will load faster and run smoother.

Let the game install completely before running it so that you do not experience any stuttering during the opening sections.

Checked post game - Tress hair model is on all bonus outfits.
    Not her hair, it's the shadow of her hair being the old one.

I have the game on xbox one and I really did not have problems and it does not stutter that much really. At the beginning on the ps4 version, I have notice that the hair looks like its being lift up when she is upside down but in the xbox one version it shows that the hair is falling down, but in some of the cutscenes the hair looks like it glitching for some reason.

I don't see why she would keep the bandages if the wounds already healed...

On the PS4 TRDE, when I went to do the Summit Forest tomb, it didn't load in. Instead, the tunnel would open up to an area where I could see the island sort of floating above me and nothing below, and if I fell from what walkway there was, I would just fall forever until I went to the pause menu and reloaded from checkpoint.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, that didn't help. And I tried an alternate save to see if it was just a problem with the current save I was playing on but I experienced the same problem again.

UPDATE - 02/10/14

I've confirmed that it's some sort of glitch/bug. After having stepped away from the game for a few days, I returned to it and decided to try something I hadn't thought of before. I fast traveled out of Summit Forest, then fast traveled back and found myself finally able to enter and complete the tomb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast