Thread: Safehouse Discussion

Smile Safehouse Discussion

Id like to discuss using a safehouse. Has the idea been scrapped or is it still open for discussion? I liked seeing all the guns on the wall, the gadgets. Using a safehouse to prep for a mission I felt was fun, Id like to also try on disguises and walk around there, maybe test guns on a shooting range, shooting priceless pots or statues like David. For me as a player I enjoyed having the choice of what to bring into a mission to complete it the way I wanted. I think other people liked that too from other hitman games.

The ICA base in contacts was cool, but that's gone now it seems, I would like it if instead of a main menu the game went straight to a base with weapons, target range, obstacle course and training, outfit area, maybe other areas, and then a laptop that the player can access which acts as a menu for missions, contact now etc. This would be much more realistic to dive into (Hitman 2 mind of had this but between missions)

I agree, that would be a great way to access everything. Having an empty wall that gets newspaper clippings added the more you progress in the game. Facts about the targets, pictures that gets crossed out and hopefully they bring back Blood Money newspapers which you could view. The whole menu could be approached this way, choosing the loadout by choosing which weapons you want with you. Changing what upgrades on the weapons you want be assembling them there.

I'd like to see some sort of sniper training level, getting increasingly difficult the more you progress in the game. Same with sneaking or target practice.

Furthermore, some sort of souvenir from each target, like a gun, picture or newspaper would be nice.

Depending where the hideout is you could have a window which you could snipe pigeons on a nearby rooftop, which would serve as tutorial and training. Having other parts of the hideout where you could train the other things you mentioned would also be cool. Not only as a onetime tutorial but to be accessed freely as sometimes when you havent played a game for a while it's a good way to reacquaintance yourself with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAtmea View Post
    I'd like to see some sort of sniper training level, getting increasingly difficult the more you progress in the game. Same with sneaking or target practice.

Furthermore, some sort of souvenir from each target, like a gun, picture or newspaper would be nice.
    id like this too, I know what I am about to say might sound stupid but I really liked the sniper challenge for Hitman absolution, oddly I liked that ten times more than the actual game. I liked shooting the boxers punching bag making him go all rocky, and all the other little things. I played that so many times.

A proper hitman would have a safehouse so all of this seems very fitting for him to plan his contracts which is what a hitman should do ideally, not just go in guns blazing marking targets, or being a coward hiding from everyone like in the last hitman game.