Thread: Please, don't make another worthless upgrade system for the sake of it

Please, don't make another worthless upgrade system for the sake of it

IO, please, don't do another worthless upgrade system (a.k.a. Assassin Techniques) you did in Hitman:Absolution. That stuff doesn't add anything really new to your experience because it doesn't add new quality or features to gameplay but only changes simple numerical characteristics of 47's abilities to make false feeling of progressing.

Don't do this stuff again despite highly praised game did the same mistake. If you want to make the game less skill depended, if you want to improve the game to make it easier for unexperienced players, invent really useful tool upgrades system. Something similar to Blood Money or recent Splinter Cell:Blacklist will do the trick.

So if I want to improve my reload time I'll buy and wear special gloves, if I want to improve my health, I'll buy a bulletproof vest or additional health kit instead. If I want to make my movements less noisy I'll buy better boots. Special knife will improve my knife throwing distance... etc.

Why these features are better than so called assassin techniques? Because they are grounded, utilitarian, they are real things. They don't make 47 an untrained assassin. And more importantly, any player still has an ability to not use them all to make the game harder via self imposed constraints.

P.S: Thief 4 did the same mistake. Please, don't do this!

Agreed! Most skills should come from the player their self and observing the map, enemies etc and skill or timing. But upgrades like wicket lock pick tool, flack vest etc that you buy were the best firm of upgrades.