Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Thief 2 FM *** The Wall *** Officially Released

Thief 2 FM *** The Wall *** Officially Released

Thief 2 FM *** The Wall *** Officially Released

Aka St Edgar's Cathedral

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vs...ral+-+1.00.zip

Note: for the people on ttlg , i want host this mission only in my Mediafire Account
    and if someone is stuck , just ask here

Thanks , Enjoy

St Edgar's Cathedral
    >>>>===============================================================>>>>>>>>>
    Author : HawkflyAway ^-IronEAgle-^
    Contact Info :
    Title : St Edgar's Cathedral

Description : Thief 2 Fan Mission

Story : Last night I went to the docks for a beer. As I approached strangers I heard them talk about St Edgar's, the old Hammerite cathedral, the first one that old , For years it was considered as a legend, Is it possible that St Edgar's really exists here?...From the speeches of these old thieves I've found that in the old quarter, beyond an old wall, is an area not yet explored. A flooded area where from an angle you can see the old watch tower that leads to the Baron's Castle; an abandoned castle.
    Someone told me that near the port over that wall, there is the old abandoned cathedral of St Edgar's, an Hero of the order.After some time there is a new order called "The Black Hammerites", which are fanatics and they killed most of the old Hammerites...This order have more stringent rules and was created by the Baron.
    A secret cathedral that was only known by a few prescribed hammerites chosen by the Baron and no others.The nobles have their own churches, castles and cathedrals... The question is : why the baron has sent his men to defend an abandoned castle? Even thieves have tried to enter to take a share of the spoils.
    This old abandoned Cathedral, which for years has been considered as a legend, really exists...The Baron sent the Black Hammerites to that place, a group of chosen warriors, fanatics , the best of Hammerites... Indeed!
    From the old thieves, I learned that there are probably ways to access the subterranean cathedral.The pipes of water have flooded, turning the whole area into a network of underground rivers.
    I do not trust these people, The ancient castle that the Baron kept secret ... Which was his last home before moving ..The Baron, this castle was held as his summer home and used it to garden and go for walks in the garden
    Interesting ,the nobles can afford many things! I want to take a look.

--- ---------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This mission is a tribute to the Gothic Architectures , and a Rope Arrow Tribute also
    it work perfectly , if you want some tips..
    ------------>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank and Enjoiy

Thank you! Downloading.

Original made by Eidos Montreal

Mine for Thief 3

Have a nice day

Bye

I've been playing your mission for the past 45 minutes, and I've been enjoying it so far. It seems evident that "Grandiose" is the only word you know when it comes to building. =P

I did notice significant slowdowns on my machine, which is only a few years old, which really surprised me. I poked around in DromEd a bit, and noticed that your mission isn't Optimized, and attempting to do so crashes DromEd. Optimizing is the process through which the terrain polys and cells are merged and so reduces their number. The result looks identical to draft portalization, but it should run better.

LGS Released an Optimization Guide which can be downloaded here: http://www.thiefmissions.com/telliamed/

Since Optimization fails right now (Which is very bad =P ) I recommend you try aligning a lot of your brushwork and set the grid scale to 12 (I noticed it was set to 10, which is insane for thief). If you get an "optimization failed" message, restart dromed before attempting to optimize again. Also, The "show_stats" and "show_cells" commands are helpful to see places that could stand to be adjusted. Hope this helps! =)

Thank you for this mission. Looks amazing.
    But I think I'll wait playing any futher, until it has been optimized. It's lacking a lot on my PC.
    There's a lot of small failures in the textures.
    And the most obvious reson for taking a break. I'm stuck.

i'm working on

but the mission is compeltely playable and winnable ,
    take in mind i'm using Textures HD , and many ofthem are at 1024
    i've used Skyrim then try to use low resolution , 1600 or 1300
    if you want a better graphic...you have make an effort

you are free to discuss the mission on your forum and suggest spoilers , of course!

anyway , where are you stuck ?

Another request for help

OK, so after I get in,

Help!

- prjames

4 Hammerites

PrJames

How Open the Cathedral of St Edgar's

you need to shoot 4 fire arrows , in order to open the Main Gate

Red, Blue, Yellow, Green

Is it OK if I host your mission on southquarter.com?
    "I can see only one good thing coming from a Thief 4. Mark my words on this one. It will make people love Deadly Shadows." -Digital Nightfall (4/4/2008)

i think that tanner is a good guy. like cardia...

who want to play my mission is free to reg in eidos , few steps and enjoy one of the best mission ever made for Thief 2

its so hard give spolier from here

about hosting :

I want to keep an eye on the download counter. if irelease the mission at different sites, I can not know exactly how many people Has downloaded the mission .. so I can not know if it's a waste of time to make another.

nothing personal brethren
    thanks for your offert

ok we can proceed safely from here , finally

Bosh
    I'm stuck... and banging head! After finally finding way out of courtyard... I have used 2 keys lifted from courtyard guards and got into the room off courtyard (with locked door inside and bizarre "dies suddenly for no reason" spot near the fireplace). Now, there's a locked gate on bell tower and two more locked doors (one is the dining room) by the thieves. How to progress? Hint please! Thanks.

This thing runs really slow on a computer I just built 2 months ago. I can't imagine how slow it is for people with older computers.
    "I can see only one good thing coming from a Thief 4. Mark my words on this one. It will make people love Deadly Shadows." -Digital Nightfall (4/4/2008)

don't run it

Hawk...

People have given you constructive criticism with no intent of malice towards you. You would be wise to consider why and follow their advice.

Also...a little more modesty would do you credit.

As for mirrors, it is customary to want your mission hosted at a location that has a good reputation with the Thief community. File sharing sites are notorious for being at best a minor hassle to use. Places like southquarter and thief missions are a known entity and trusted. You will find more people willing to try your mission if they can find it there.

And at thiefmissions.com, you can view a counter to see how many times your mission has been downloaded.

And Sly is right, don't take all the criticism so personally. Thief fans are usually good people who are only trying to help. I know you believe your missions are superior, but no one is perfect and every author has areas where they can improve.

anyway i tried to optimize everything using area brush
    i managed to optimize all , execept for a little zone , in the clocktower area , in the middle of the clocktower ,seem a bad brush there , hard to find.
    all the map is fully optimized . some suggestion ?

Get rid of some PMs

HawkflyAway has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
    You sent me a PM

thanks fibanocci

thanks for reg in Eidos

any comment on the Outstanding Grapichs ?

i used skyrim testures there. someone there know skyrim ? LOL

I talked about the FM you made, It`s good, But you should spent some time around some details...But i understand you are very lightly "touched".
    I missed some important information witch should make it more "playable".
    But as you say, "try to build wat i build in 5 months"?. Credits to you, But i don`t build FM`s. I just play them.

for yuor infomation im working on the last version 1.0.1

have you see around ?

just for le t the poeple enjoy...

ma ti viene una malattia prima o poi e muori ?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last