Thread: Possible to get every aug now?

Possible to get every aug now?

Originally Posted by IHaveReturned
    What? That is just ridicilous. They couldn't even let you keep your augs for the NG+ version?! That defies the purpose of the mode! Do you at least get your total Praxis back after, so you can continue where you left off afterwards?
    You get them back...in praxis points. I don't know what the big deal is about this. Burke is a wimp, http://youtu.be/lr0rixj8Qiw

You're right.. Burke is nothing but hot air. The only thing he's capable of is he can get to you psychologically from his continuous rambling, if you let that get to you. You literally have to kill him.. just knocking him out will not do justice. I wonder, though, if he will be back in DX4 as Jensen's adversary and with the aug upgraded as Jensen has.

There are many questions for Deus Ex 4...

1. How will be the villains? The Dragon Queen/Zhao Yun Ru is gone. Do the Tyrants exist now? I guess we'll get some new ones...
    2. The D-Project. Megan Reed joins Bob Page(Illuminati) to work on this. Is she going to be a future Villain? I never liked her...
    3. Sarif Industries and Jensen. What happens to them? Megan was the "activation energy" for they're growth. David Sarif I'm curious about too.
    4. Does Burke/BellTower comeback? Quinn in the Missing Link was interesting though.

I don't have answers and I don't expect you to either but these are the questions the Devs have to answer at Eidos before we get a DX4.

Hopefully very few of those things are directly referenced in a potential sequel. It's supposed to be a new entry in a franchise, not a sequel to HR specifically.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    It's supposed to be a new entry in a franchise, not a sequel to HR specifically.
    Did they say that? I was hoping for a follow-up specifically to DE:HR then we move on to other things.

No other proper Deus Ex entry has ever done that, so why start now? It just reeks of unoriginality and a desperate attempt to keep hold of the people who only jumped on the bandwagon after HR came out, who they might assume would be confused or upset by too many changes to the setting and characters. Deus Ex is not a franchise like Mass Effect, it's more like Fallout as far as how the stories presented in each game are mostly independent.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

No other proper Deus Ex entry has ever done that, so why start now? It just reeks of unoriginality and a desperate attempt to keep hold of the people who only jumped on the bandwagon after HR came out, who they might assume would be confused or upset by too many changes to the setting and characters. Deus Ex is not a franchise like Mass Effect, it's more like Fallout as far as how the stories presented in each game are mostly independent.
    The Devs talked about this in their commentaries when discussing the first DE and DE:HR. DE is an old game. They tried to pay respect to the original while modernizing it for a new generation. I played DE a few years back but I never finished it. Did they leave things open like they in DE: HR in DE? This is my concern. I'd like to devs to actually bring a story to a conclusion. The way DE: HR and DE: The Fall ended your probably right though...

It just reeks of unoriginality and a desperate attempt to keep hold of the people who only jumped on the bandwagon after HR came out, who they might assume would be confused or upset by too many changes to the setting and characters. Deus Ex is not a franchise like Mass Effect, it's more like Fallout as far as how the stories presented in each game are mostly independent.
    I never played Mass Effect or Fallout so I can't comment but I understand what you mean by "Franchise" though.
    Based on that, I'm assuming THEN that we'll get new people and new environments in DX4. I think your comment about unoriginal and desperate are platitudes. I think Eidos has a reason to build something that will attract/reinvite former players because it ensures the success of the game and makes it easier to market. Example, we had this many people buy DX3 and based on statistic sampling we can expect this(X) many to sign on again.

Just for the record, ION STORM developed Deus Ex. Eidos Montreal did Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Different teams will try to put their mark on a game. DX4 will be done by Eidos Montreal so I'm sure they'll try to leverage existing assets. They won't recreate everything...this isn't enough time for that.

True but up until now, the main games have been set roughly a generation apart. DX4 will presumably be the first to happen between two other main entries, which will probably necessitate more continuity tie-ins to Human Revolution as there isn't as much time for the power players in the setting to change. Unless they decide to go the reboot route and ignore everything post-HR to have more creative freedom with the story.

Originally Posted by Karpaw
    True but up until now, the main games have been set roughly a generation apart. DX4 will presumably be the first to happen between two other main entries, which will probably necessitate more continuity tie-ins to Human Revolution as there isn't as much time for the power players in the setting to change. Unless they decide to go the reboot route and ignore everything post-HR to have more creative freedom with the story.
    They've invested so much in DE:HR, I just can't see them walking away from that investment and totally starting over...that would be nuts. Time is finite. You can't always do what you want. I see it going this way. They expand the storyline with DE: The Fall for "lights on business" while they layout a roadmap for the Finale in DX4.

They didn't invest any more than anybody did in Deus Ex 1 or Invisible War. Aside from people clinging to the things they're intimately familiar with, there's little more story to tell as a direct continuance of HR. A new main character in a new time period with a new set of circumstances is the ideal way to tell an effective follow-up story.

They didn't invest any more than anybody did in Deus Ex 1 or Invisible War. Aside from people clinging to the things they're intimately familiar with, there's little more story to tell as a direct continuance of HR. A new main character in a new time period with a new set of circumstances is the ideal way to tell an effective follow-up story.
    I wish I had numbers to reply to you. I'll do research on this.

About the story continuation, I think there is a lot still unresolved. Bob Page is the element that has been in all 3 of the games(DE, DE:HR, and DE: The Fall) and he still has lots of work to do to get to his point in the original DE. Even Gunther Hermann survives. TYM has to survive without the DragonQueen, Sarif Industries has move past losing Megan Reed, Tracer Tong has to join Luminous Path, and the merger of Versalife with Page industries still has to happen.

This is the best I can give you right now:

Sales as of September 2011:
    Deus Ex: 1.1 million plus
    Deus Ex: Invisible War: 1.2 million plus
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution: 2.18 million

I think it will have to Jensen again and the continuation of DXHR for DX4. It kinda hinted at the beginning of DXHR with the dialogue when, who is that guy, Mr. Bob or something, was talking to the investors who appeared as computerized images, about nanotechnology and the Illuminati. The Illuminati is also mentioned again at the end of ML where they were talking about Jensen being the one "to be able to do it.. as long as he doesn't get himself killed first." So with the current ending of DXHR doesn't really accomplish anything, it will likely be a continuation.. Plus, he is not done with Megan yet. Jensen wants answers!

I agree Hybridex with your comment. Even Megan when Jensen found her told him that she was able to find the solutions/genetic framework for Sarif because of his DNA. The cutscene is here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY9mI_Rm1Tw He's sort of like Alice and the T-Virus(Resident Evil).

For a "director cut" I'm sad the didn't redirect jensens takedown to fix him hitting air or no facial expression or maybe new takedown moves like near a ledge or behind a couch.

It would be nice if they had added some new moves but I think the Crystal tools had limits. Let's hope we get some new techniques in DE:4

Also, why do you want facial expressions?

Because it's entirely unbelievable that he's doing all that fighting and keeping a deadlocked straight face while doing so. The same reason enemy facial animations are important.

Really though, they should just get rid of third-person altogether and they won't have to worry about Adam's facial animations except in conversations.

I say, get rid of "takedowns"...altogether (come on, you know you want to say it ).

They're not immersive, and they look ridiculous. Especially when you have people lying on the ground in fear, and you hit the "instant win" takedown button, and suddenly they're 'kung-fu fighting' you. Go back to the classics. Old doesn't always equal bad, likewise new doesn't always equal good. The original Deus Ex method of whacking someone with a baton/knife/crowbar from behind was elegant and immersive. And it required you to actually aim for vital areas, it didn't auto-win for you. Plus, if they detected you, it meant you had to work harder to actually take them down, since you didn't get a damage bonus on alerted enemies.

Because it's entirely unbelievable that he's doing all that fighting and keeping a deadlocked straight face while doing so. The same reason enemy facial animations are important.

Really though, they should just get rid of third-person altogether and they won't have to worry about Adam's facial animations except in conversations.
    Personally I like the takedowns, just need lots of work...
    If they want it, they need to take it seriously like splinter cell did...

Every moment and situation have a different takedown moves.
    If the person is on the floor, just stab or wack them on the floor.

Civilians also need different moves that shows they're simpler to thugs and Aug enemies more tougher...

Had to be my own director in my playthrough... Like before the guy drops on the floor, I cut straight to the takedown with him still standing.

Or immediate stab rather then see them walking normally in a combat situation.
    This is the first mission example.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ9B991tC1M

Also I made some dialog cuts in other parts of the game to make Adam say what I want to like to Mr. X
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nbJafW0FjP0

Which should be in first person too, so none at all
    Instead more effort on the NPCs, like the boss battle convos in DX:HR but not all NPCs to that highly detailed extent for obvious reasons.

Originally Posted by CyberP
    Which should be in first person too, so none at all
    Instead more effort on the NPCs, like the boss battle convos in DX:HR but not all NPCs to that highly detailed extent for obvious reasons.
    Convos? U mean their talking during battle?

Originally Posted by auric
    Convos? U mean their talking during battle?
    No, I mean the conversation boss battles. Taggart at the Detroit convention centre, Hugh Darrow at Panchaea etc.

That's how a conversation should play out in an immersive sim. That is the ideal design to strive for with all conversations (first person perspective, excellent animations (including facial)), but obviously with the limitations of game development it's not going to happen, plus it's a lot of work.
    If they ditch the third person they can focus on coming close to this "ideal design": some NPCs highly animated and unique, others with copy and paste sequences, some that just stand there smoking a cigerette not moving much, but that would be fairly believable anyway, as long as the cigarette actually goes down with each drag and then the NPC drops and puts a foot on it after a set number of tokes.

Basically, Elder scrolls/Fallout type NPC conversations for most generic characters, DX:HR highly detailed convos (of the boss battle convos) for all important characters. Also the occasional highly animated generic character conversation just to mix things up and hold believability (so the player doesn't recognise the constucted rule of "hey, this guy is pacing while we are discussing things, must be an important character"), it will come across as more organic.
    Onbviously it's preferable to have most characters not move much in a convo, maybe the occasional head scratch and other body language, nothing too taxing. If done right every convo could be believable and immersive, if it has decent voice acting and writing etc to match.

Shralla, maybe you don't get this...HE'S A KILLER!! Do you want to see him smiling or sad when he's at work? Besides, smiling while your ramming two steel rods into two soldiers might give kids the wrong impression...

But you might be on to something here. Maybe the crystal tools could be modified to spew profanities while taking damage. I think that's as close as we're going to get.

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last