Thread: Doctor Who & Lara Croft General Feedback Thread

Doctor Who & Lara Croft General Feedback Thread

As these are now widely scattered through many pages, it makes sense to me to create a general links post for my (Slowly!) ongoing Doctor Who & Lara Croft comics.

This is the full series, in order:

Shadow Of The Cybermen

Vengeance Of The Daleks

The Trouble With Lili

Stones Of Power, Stones Of Death

Peace Under The Stars

Natla's Revenge

The Impossible Planet

I first started creating these as a way to teach myself more about both XNALara and graphics manipulation programs. And comic making, so three for three! I ran headlong into a few cases of 'ideas greater than talent', which is only to be expected, I suppose, for someone more used to writing prose.

For those of you wondering at the bizarre stop-start nature of my story creation process, I have one major drawback as a writer: I need the right mood to create. If I try to create without the mood, the story will be flat and lifeless, if it works at all. I'd rather wait for the fire of creation to burn again than produce stuff I know to be garbage. It is my hope that any readers I have left will feel the same.

Any questions or comments, please put them here, where I can easily find and answer them. Thank you.

It is my hope that at least a few of these have some merit
    signature image

I won't lie, I haven't read all of them, but I've read the last 3 I really like them, just don't start using the new old guy they decided to cast :P
    signature image

I'd need a model for him, and some idea of what he was like, first!

I'd rather stick with Matt Smith's Doctor for my stories, though, honestly. He's one of my favourite Doctors.

Definitely hoping a decent Clara model will turn up, though...

And I'm glad you like the ones you've read
    signature image

This is brilliant! Love it!

Thank you
    signature image

For anyone wondering, I'm on the slow bit. What this shows is a small section of the warehouse I am currently building. The boxes are all individual objects, for... reasons!

I'm a long way from done, but I want to complete this before getting back to the story. Well, 'want' my not be entirely accurate, considering the amount of work involved, but I need the warehouse!

signature image

Lili in Tekken vrs Lili in my comic

One of the great advantages of taking a character from a fighting game to do fanfic with is that there is so much of their lives that you never get to see within the game. All that's really seen of Lili is that she is an unthinking snob who is used to being wealthy, her great love for her father (Who appears to be her only parent) and... the thing that just got brought up for the first time in the latest pages of Natla's Revenge

Everything else, including all the things Lili might be in terms of personality, attitude and general demeanour towards non-combatants is left entirely to the imagination.

Thus, my take on Lili: a seventeen year old girl with charm, innocence and a real love of life... As well as that other thing, which is pretty much her defining characteristic in the Tekken games...
    signature image

For anyone wondering at the process, this is the completed dining area (Which I'll put in spoiler tags, as it has yet to appear in the actual story):

It has yet to be populated by people, so this is how it looks before anyone has interacted with it. I find this to be a good base to work with, as I can then add people organically and change the environment to suit them, s would happen in a real room of this type.

My God, that was brilliant!!!

I've only read the first one so far, but that was bloody fantastic.

I love the way you write Matt Smith.
    signature image

Thank you, ZB

I hope you like the rest, too

Don't yell at me when you reach the end, though! I will continue eventually! My creation process is very stop-start is all.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    Thank you, ZB

I hope you like the rest, too

Don't yell at me when you reach the end, though! I will continue eventually! My creation process is very stop-start is all.
    You are very welcome indeed. Always like to support a great creator.

And no problem, I'll let you know when I'm done reading them all.
    signature image

I'm more of a 'slowly learning how to do this stuff' creator, but I don't hate compliments
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    I'm more of a 'slowly learning how to do this stuff' creator, but I don't hate compliments
    Oh you modest, humble, you!
    signature image

I had no idea of what I was doing when I started. I think it kinda shows in places. I like to think I have improved, though, and people don't hate my stories, which is nice
    signature image