Thread: Soul Reaver 2 Models

Red Face (Embarrassed) Soul Reaver 2 Models

Hi,
    Have you ever heard of XNALara?
    It's a posing program that was originally made for Tomb Raider.
    Eventually, it was "updated" to use other models from various games as well.

I'm extracting models from Soul Reaver 2 for XNALara, but I can't really rig (make them pose-able) well.
    So I was wondering if anyone on these forums might be interested in rigging the models after I extract them?

If your interested, all you have to do is ask.

P.S. This is a non-profit project. I'm only using it for fan art. Eidos made such a great game, I just can't get enough of it!

I already got Raziel, Kain and sluagh rigged from SR2. However, the rig was made in Model editor from 3DGS and I´m not sure it can be exported without losing the rig info. Which file format does XNA support?

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    I already got Raziel, Kain and sluagh rigged from SR2. However, the rig was made in Model editor from 3DGS and I´m not sure it can be exported without losing the rig info. Which file format does XNA support?
    oooh do share them raina,im especially interested in sarafan raz if you have him
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

I don´t have him extracted yet, but I can do it real quick I´ll send you a link later.

Mesh and mesh ascii.
    I extract the models using ModelEx for Soul Reaver 2.
    I then, convert the dae file to obj in DAZ Studio. I've been learning how to rig them. But I'm not too good at it.

I can convert convert them to mesh ascii fine, but I'm not too sure how weight painting works in Blender?

I don´t have him extracted yet, but I can do it real quick I´ll send you a link later.
    looking forward to them,thanks raina
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

My post here might be relevent to this:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...48#post1972448

Can anyone let me know if there's any C# source code for importing the file formats you mentioned? Mesh and mesh ascii, obj etc. As long as there's no licensing issues for using it, I could try to build it directly into ModelEx. Or if anyone knows C# feel free to modify ModelEx yourselves or use parts of it's code.

I am actually interested in making an XNA version, but I don't have the time or the hardware to do the shaders.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape