View Poll Results: What do you think of the upgraded in-game Lara model in TRDE?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it better than the standard edition Lara model

32 50.79%
  • I like it less than the standard edition Lara model

25 39.68%
  • I like them both equally / I don't care either way

5 7.94%
  • I haven't made my mind up yet (wait with voting? :-))

1 1.59%
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Lara's face in TRDE

Quote Originally Posted by Underhoe View Post
    I didn't just mean on the new model, the long-neck problem was present in the original version as well. I hoped they'd fix that with DE, but apparently they did not.
    Ah, right. Thanks for clarifying, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by IRON LOBSTER View Post
    Driber, please. As the regretful TC I ask you...

To close this thread.
    TC?

And on what grounds would we close this thread?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaid View Post
    Seen what they've done to her model? UGH.

Its either the movement of the gif, or the new lara looks creep as hell in this gif.

From the very moment I seen the DE edition eyes, I know something feel weird. I cannot be the only one that notice something about the eyes, can?

To be honest, I have been trying hard to warm up to the new look, I really do, but how to, when you see this....

My last deliema on whether to support CD by buying DE have been answered with this gif.

Quote Originally Posted by 220_Volts View Post
    I agree, I was watching a stream of the game last night and in some cutscenes her facial animation looks so good, but then in others it kind of falls flat. :\

LOL OMG, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed her unnaturally long neck.
    Yes, the neck. One of the first thing I did when I received the XNA model, was fixing the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by kiadaw View Post
    My last deliema on whether to support CD by buying DE have been answered with this gif.
    I have a gut feeling that this is exactly what the creator of that gif was aiming for...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I've created a thread that endorses unhealthy, superficial obsessiveness.

Neck length...

Seriously?

Scuttle away.
    "Jaffa Cakes" One liner to make it into the next TR!

Neck length...

Seriously?

Scuttle away.
    People have been bashing the new face left and right for ridiculous superficial reasons and one person mentions a reasonable issue in passing (which was present even in the standard edition) and that's the straw that breaks the camel's back? Really?

A rather low quality extremely compressed comparison picture is what made you decide? Wow, who knew you were so easily swayed.
    signature image

Neck length...

Seriously?

Scuttle away.
    IL, TR fans are superficial. The debate on Lara's looks is one that has been going on since the 90'ies and it's one that is going to continue, regardless of your thread.

If we'd close this one, people will just discuss Lara's looks in other threads. Case in point.

It's good that we have dedicated threads like these, so that those fans who aren't into the superficial thing and just want to discuss the gameplay in other threads won't see said threads derailed for all the time.

So in the interest of the community, we'll keep this one open, since it serves a purpose and it's not breaking the TOU.

But if you have an issue with being the OP of the thread, then I'd be more than happy to remove you as OP and hand the thread over to another member, if you feel like you no longer wish to have it "tied" to your name.

Just drop me a PM if so and I'll take care of it

PS. I wouldn't say it's "unhealty", though. As long as the discussion doesn't degrade into a flaming war, I see no reason why people couldn't talk about this topic.

@Driber If you need any name for the thread, I'm fine with that. Only If IRON LOBSTER feels uncomfortable with their name there!
    signature image

All good, my mess.

I shall bear this burden!
    "Jaffa Cakes" One liner to make it into the next TR!

never thought she had a long neck. looks pretty normal to me in both versions.
    signature image

^ Her eyes are more "modelistic". They may seem weird, but in common ways, her eyes represent a beautiful, fierce woman. They do look a little Asian, (NO racism intended!) except they are not as squinted. I am sure they were also adjusted to give more expression, but she kind of looks surprised by default, now.

Lara's new face is absolutely beautiful! She looks like a Goddess, a perfect human being. I love it.

But, I was a little disappointed that they decided to change it, since the previous face was so young, innocent and "new".
    I think they're trying to bring back the old Lara, the perfect, big breasted woman we all know.

I am glad they didn't make her breasts bigger! She's perfect the way she is now. CD, NO MORE changes, please!

P.S. I have mentioned this in another reply somewhere different, but I will say it again. People NEED to stop using the word "icon" or "iconic". Yes, Tomb Raider is iconic WITHIN the gaming world. But, things like bandages and her axe are not even close to being "iconic". It's not a word to be thrown around, at least in my opinion.
    signature image
    Well, this is a tomb. I'll make them feel at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    never thought she had a long neck. looks pretty normal to me in both versions.
    She does. But its not noticeable unless you have the model opened in XNA.

Actually her neck is not long, but rather the what do you called the sloping part of the neck where Lara hair rested on in the picture joining the body is not high enough. I fixed the neck by making the slope higher, as seen here on the image I made last year.

(click image to enlarge)

Actually her neck is not long, but rather the what do you called the sloping part of the neck where Lara hair rested on in the picture joining the body is not high enough. I fixed the neck by making the slope higher, as seen here on the image I made last year.

(click image to enlarge)

lol, thanks. nice pic too by the way.

i never really bothered to "open" the model. i dont even know what XNA is. so maybe thats why it never appeared to me she has a long neck.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    IL, TR fans are superficial. The debate on Lara's looks is one that has been going on since the 90'ies
    Going by all the debates about Lara's breast size, this is incontrovertibly true

signature image

(click image to enlarge)
    Not sure if I already commented on it, but that is one gorgeous render!

I'm curious, are you able to make Lara smile in XNA Lara?

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Going by all the debates about Lara's breast size, this is incontrovertibly true

Yup

And your sig probably aint helping, either

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...=bebes%20boobs
    signature image

And your sig probably aint helping, either
    touche
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    i never really bothered to "open" the model. i dont even know what XNA is. so maybe thats why it never appeared to me she has a long neck.
    Oh yeah, it's very apparent in XNALara.

And also, XNALara is a realtime posing program, It's where all those.. lovely pictures you have in your signature came from. And here I thought you made them yourself.
    Yes of course! It's subtle, but she's smiling in this picture I made of her in XNA.

EDIT: or this one, I made specially for you! :P
    signature image

Not sure if I already commented on it, but that is one gorgeous render!

[size]
    You can make her smile in XNA, but I used XNA Lara only to extract the meshes to be used in Maya & then Zbrush, where I do most of my work. I use the word 'do', as I am still working on her. Look out for my new work sometimes in Febuary. She will look elegant in the new render.

See here for other website posters opinion on Lara face. Apparently, some of us here are not the only ones that think Lara looks 'down syndrome' or prefer the old one. I originally also posted that some people liked the new face, but after reading though, I found nope.

So its not just us, hardcore Lara fans, that have an opinion on her face, don't believe, read the comments below. These people are not afflicted to Lara like us.

http://gearnuke.com/tomb-raider-defi...vs-ps3-vs-ps4/

from gearnuke
    Christopher Columbus • 17 hours ago
    Is it just me or does the new Definitive edition Lara look like she has down syndrome? LOL thank god I have a PC

Wait, Christopher Columbus!

Of course they'd pick the most awkward looking screens.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by 220_Volts View Post
    Of course they'd pick the most awkward looking screens.
    Could be the article poster is one of the we want Lara back fan club.

But I am surprise, we are not the only one that have opinions on new Lara face.

Could be the article poster is one of the we want Lara back fan club.

But I am surprise, we are not the only one that have opinions on new Lara face.
    Could be the article poster is bias, kind of like most of the people here.

I wouldn't say it's surprising, everyone has an opinion.
    signature image

Lara's new and younger face is fantastic, in my opinion.
    HI I AM BACK for the time being.

Lara's gone through countless facial reconstruction. So technically she never really had her original face since the Core TR franchise.
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

Lara looks awful in both versions on that certain shot...The terrible facial animations are what making her look so stupid, they should compare her neutral face rather than those.

Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast