Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 122 of 122

Thread: Definitive Edition for PC?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    i highly doubt it will be dead. they know that its demanded. the pc community is still big and they know it. AAA companies are just afraid to take a leap of faith because they are afraid they might lose a $.
    I think you're confusing the PC community in general (which is still big, I agree) with the demand for a PC version of this game (i.e. the definitive edition). So far it doesn't look like the demand is very high. If you think the opposite, I'd like to know where you base that on.

    BTW, comparing TR to DX doesn't really work, IMO, because as a FPS, DX's main audience is PC gamers.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I think you're confusing the PC community in general (which is still big, I agree) with the demand for a PC version of this game (i.e. the definitive edition). So far it doesn't look like the demand is very high. If you think the opposite, I'd like to know where you base that on.

    BTW, comparing TR to DX doesn't really work, IMO, because as a FPS, DX's main audience is PC gamers.
    maybe my formulation is not well implicated. i dint say that the demands for the DE of TR are high, just that people do want the same treatment as the next gen console players. even when the pc version might not have sold as much as the console version.

    deus ex is also from SE and they could have ignored us with these changes they have made, but they dint. yes, it is a FPS and these types are popular on pc but so are TPS.
    i just think that SE can spare some money to CD to make a pc version of it since they make enough money alone from the FF franchise.
    signature image

  3. #103
    I just hope that the next TR would be optimized for Nvidia users, not only for AMD users (I know that the team has done so much for Nvidia to bring tressfx and everything run nearly smoothly and less bugy for their customers. I just hope the next TR with tressfx 2.0 will not make the game runs so hard.
    Still hoping for the TR Definitive; I am intend to buy PS4, but if there would be one for PC; I still buy it. (I have purchased one for Xbox 360 and one for my PC; intend to buy it again for next-gen PS4 and ready to buy another one (if there is Definitive for PC) for my PC again).

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    maybe my formulation is not well implicated. i dint say that the demands for the DE of TR are high
    It sure looked to me that you were responding to Irina (who was saying that a PC version of TRDE wouldn't sell well because of a lack of demand) in opposition, saying that it would sell well because "SE knows it's demanded"

    Anyway, so you're actually saying that you agree with her that there isn't a high demand for a PC version of TRDE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    just that people do want the same treatment as the next gen console players. even when the pc version might not have sold as much as the console version.
    Only a handful of people from the looks of it, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    deus ex is also from SE and they could have ignored us with these changes they have made, but they dint. yes, it is a FPS and these types are popular on pc but so are TPS.
    TR isn't a TPS.

    Anyway - yeah, I know some TPS's are popular on PC, but that has nothing to do with the point I was making. Dora is popular on PC, too

    My point was that DX being a FPS is a major reason why the PC platform is very relevant for that game. Hell, even Nixxes themselves proclaimed that PC is "THE way to experience DX".

    You just can't make that same argument for TR.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post

    i just think that SE can spare some money to CD to make a pc version of it since they make enough money alone from the FF franchise.
    So now your argument is "SE has buttloads of money, so they should throw the (few) people who want to play TRDE on PC a bone"?

    If the demand is low, and thus the publisher is not likely going to make a profit from it, why on earth would they do that? Just for charity?

    If we would go that route with all games SE publishes, they'd be bankrupt before we know it

    Imagine a hand full of MAC people demanding a MAC port of TRDE. And Vita owners. And Linux folks. Etc...

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    yes, from the looks of it, the demands are not high but still doesnt mean that no one wants it. and how many people do actually have a MAC and vita? really not many because you hardly find any games for it anyway. none of my friends even have a MAC and i dont know anyone either who has one or any of these platforms.
    i do understand what you are saying but its not like we talk about some game no one really wants.
    i was trying to find a statistic but no success but dint TR as such sell several millions on pc alone? correct me if im wrong, im sure you know some links if not even direct contact with CD about sales.

    my argument is both games are big titles, regardless of what type of game it is. especially since SE has their fingers in them.
    i might as well add that capcom released resident evil 4 HD for the pc. even when there was a pc version of it back in 2007 but they still did it and are even fixing the problems the game unfortunately has. how many demands were there besides complaints how horrible the previous pc version was? yet, it looks like its selling well. even when it took them 7 years.
    did capcom had to do it? no. but they did it regardless. same as with assassins creed liberation. it was only for the vita and now we get it on pc and other big consoles.
    the same hope i have with TR that one day, we will get it.

    so what is TR then if its not a "third person shooter". certainly not a FPS or 2D platformer .

    ok, after reading my comment, i do sound angry. not at you, just to make it clear, i just want to understand the situation better.
    signature image

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    yes, from the looks of it, the demands are not high but still doesnt mean that no one wants it.
    Errr... I understand the meaning of "low". When your car is low on gas, it's not completely empty, no. I think that no one needs to be explained that simple concept

    and how many people do actually have a MAC and vita? really not many because you hardly find any games for it anyway. none of my friends even have a MAC and i dont know anyone either who has one or any of these platforms.
    So just because you don't know any people with MACs you therefore automatically assume that not many people own one and that the platform is not important in the TR community? lol, well allow me to inform you of some facts then:

    - In 2012, the PlayStation 3 sold 12.73 million units, while the Xbox 360 managed to sell 11.10 million units. Apple sells about 18 million MACs per year. That more than either one of those console giants.

    - Except for TRL, every single TR game was released on MAC.

    i was trying to find a statistic but no success but dint TR as such sell several millions on pc alone? correct me if im wrong, im sure you know some links if not even direct contact with CD about sales.
    If you mean TR9, then no, I don't think "several". I'm guessing it's (well) below 2 million, because both PS3 and 360 are more popular with TR fans than PC from what I've seen, and the latest number we know of it 6 million copies sold in total, so PC likely makes up less than a third of that.

    Anyway, exactly how many copies TR9 sold on PC isn't even relevant here all that much, because you can't compare a new release with an "update" like TRDE (which arguably doesn't have all that much more to offer to the PC fans than the standard version did).

    my argument is both games are big titles, regardless of what type of game it is. especially since SE has their fingers in them.
    Okay, we can agree that both TR9 and DXHR were big games. So what?

    i might as well add that capcom released resident evil 4 HD for the pc. even when there was a pc version of it back in 2007 but they still did it and are even fixing the problems the game unfortunately has. how many demands were there besides complaints how horrible the previous pc version was? yet, it looks like its selling well. even when it took them 7 years.
    did capcom had to do it? no. but they did it regardless. same as with assassins creed liberation. it was only for the vita and now we get it on pc and other big consoles.
    the same hope i have with TR that one day, we will get it.
    Okay, so an HD version of a totally different game in a totally different genre with a totally different fanbase was released for PC by a totally different publisher and it did well - great for them! How is that factoid relevant to this game?

    so what is TR then if its not a "third person shooter". certainly not a FPS or 2D platformer .
    A third-person action adventure.

    ok, after reading my comment, i do sound angry. not at you, just to make it clear, i just want to understand the situation better.
    You didn't come across as angry in your post whatsoever

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    748
    Didn't CD (or SE) say it won't come for the PC anyway? I mean, why are people still hoping? Or is there still hope? Not that I care but...

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    @driber
    good to hear i dint come across angry.

    well, at least you supplied me with some statistics about sales which i dint know. but only because i dint know anyone who has any of these platforms, doenst mean that no one has them. just wanted to indicate that these are not so popular. a bit surprised with macs though. i know my schools in switzerland are crazy with them but at the same time they were wondering why we students dont know how to use them. but looks like times are changing.

    why i brought up resident evil 4?
    since you mentioned that deus ex and TR have different perspectives, i thought i add a other big title with the same perspective as TR. yes, RE is horror (even when they are more towards action which part 6 clearly is) but still a third person shooter.
    and to me, as long you shoot something, doesnt matter what perspective, is a shooter to me. so lets say that TR is a "third person shooter action adventure"

    anyway, RE was also mainly made for consoles but yet, they still sell it for pc. releasing RE4 again after so many years for pc only, is a leap of faith in my eyes since there were no demands and the game sells more on console then pc. doesnt matter now what fanbase and publisher it is.

    @ellie
    they didnt really say that it will never happen. until we get a confirmed message from that no version will come at all, there i still some glimmer of hope.

    signature image

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    @Metal: I didn't ask why you brought up RE (I understood the point you were trying to make with your analogy), but how it is relevant. If it worked for RE - great, but that still has nothing to do with TRDE. Just because it worked for one particular game, it doesn't mean the same should be applied to all games. That's just a flawed argumentation, IMO.

    As for MACs not being popular - the stats clearly show otherwise. Also, I'm betting that the MAC TR fans outnumber the people who demand a PC version of TRDE.

    but only because i dint know anyone who has any of these platforms, doenst mean that no one has them.
    Yeah and just because I've never seen any of my friends of family members eat a papaya, doesn't mean no one eats them. So?

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    certainly not all games but i still think due its popularity, that it still can sell reasonably well. even when it might not reach the same sales as for next gen consoles.

    well, i just wait until we get a final statement from cd.

    btw, just realized now that everyone has nearly 1 mill posts and are spammers nice april joke
    signature image

  11. #111
    Just came in to say that PC gamers who want to enjoy the *real* Definitive Edition can get a nVidia 3D Vision setup, which is something the console crowd will, very sadly, never be able to experience. And boy, what an absolutely fantastic, jaw-dropping experience the whole way through. It's really the only way to play the game.

  12. #112
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tom...n=hub_platform

    So with Tomb Raider Definition Edition - "favorable" - can we finally get the Definition Edition update for the PC?

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally Posted by EliParker View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tom...n=hub_platform

    So with Tomb Raider Definition Edition - "favorable" - can we finally get the Definition Edition update for the PC?
    maybe next year. if they feel like it.
    signature image

  14. #114
    So now that Rise of the Tomb Raider isn't coming out until late 2015 or early 2016, can we get Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on the PC?

    I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to pay money for Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on the PC.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by EliParker View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tom...n=hub_platform

    So with Tomb Raider Definition Edition - "favorable" - can we finally get the Definition Edition update for the PC?
    The difference is in demographic. Next-gen adopters are wanting any game that basically has "better graphics" and of course any remastered title of their favourite games with those features are going to bring in $$$. PC gaming is different, people expected these things BEFORE and we aren't exactly hungry to buy an "improved" version.

    I don't see any Definitive Edition selling well on PC. PC gamers will see it as an offence simply because they think that the devs can get away with charging them for things they should've had to begin with. Which I definitely agree. CD should either update the current version on PC or just leave it. Either way, I don't really care. The game is fine as it is.
    signature image

  16. #116
    I definitely want a PC version of the Definitive Edition! Especially because there will be TR2 and even more (presumably). Please, don't let the PC community down on this one!

  17. #117

    Question

    When can we expect a TR2013 GOTY Edition for the PC or is it the Definitive Edition just for the Xbox and PS3

    Also, slip in an Optional Setting for Switching Off Swearing from Lara and the Characters and the Bad Guys please

  18. #118
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    When can we expect a TR2013 GOTY Edition for the PC or is it the Definitive Edition just for the Xbox and PS3
    TR2013 GOTY Edition has been available on Steam for a while now.

    Definitive Edition is only for Xbox One and PS4.

  19. #119

    Smile

    Will the GOTY be in Actual Stores aswell and whats Diffrent from the GOTY then the Main Game had, or is it just all the same with the Multiplayer Packs in one box

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Plymouth, UK
    Posts
    6,475
    ^ It's the main game plus all multiplayer, outfit, upgrade and weapon DLC.
    Also, I'm not sure about actual stores, but you can by a physical copy from Amazon
    signature image

  21. #121
    I actually have the PS4 edition and a PC that can run TR at close to maximum details relatively smoothly at 1080p, but even so I'd like to see the Definitive edition for the PC (at least in part as the ps4 version averages closer to frame rates in the 40's rather than 60).

    I can say that overall the DE definitely looks superior, while the PC has some advantages in tesselation in spots, it's the big improvements in lighting and the added details (more foliage in forests, more details in towns) that really make it look more like a film while the PC version looks more cartoonish. The lighting in particular is massively improved, albeit that's one area even with playing the DE that I felt TR didn't do so well so it was ripe to be redone.

    Alas the financials likely don't work well in a PC versions favour at this point, as TR is already so cheap they likely most you could charge for the title would be under 30$, and even if you halved that as an upgrade you might still get vitriolic feedback from some PC gamers who feel it should be a free upgrade. Having played both I can see quite a bit more work went into this version but that may be difficult to convey to PC gamers without accusations of double-dipping.

  22. #122
    Now that Rise of the Tomb Raider is delay for the PC. How about releasing Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on the PC (as Sleeping Dogs DE is on Steam, and to regain trust from your PC fanbase), and fixing Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary for the PC with Next Gen content and full controller support.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •