Page 2 of 18 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: Human Revolution Director's Cut: Answers from the team (update: first patch details)

Human Revolution Director's Cut: Answers from the team (update: first patch details)

  1. #26
    Originally Posted by HERESY
    The in-game strategy guide was always advertised as a wiiU exclusive.
    No it wasn't. They just added that disclaimer after people noticed the in-game strategy guide was missing from their games and started asking for it.

  2. #27
    Oh, well... It's a pity, really. I was looking forward to playing the DC, but no install on the Xbox is a no-no for me.

    On a by-note, Arkham Origins Disc 2 CANNOT be installed. Something WB Montreal is trying very hard to sweep under the rug...

    I am pretty disappointed with this.
    http://vgbastard.blogspot.de/-- a blog for gamers of a certain maturity
    http://lunartiktales.blogspot.de/ -- weirdly cute Webcartoons

  3. #28
    Originally Posted by P4NCH0theD0G
    Oh, well... It's a pity, really. I was looking forward to playing the DC, but no install on the Xbox is a no-no for me.

    On a by-note, Arkham Origins Disc 2 CANNOT be installed. Something WB Montreal is trying very hard to sweep under the rug...

    I am pretty disappointed with this.
    Not to downplay what is going on here, but why is installing so important to people? Yes it doesn't use the laser, disc etc once installed so those will degrade significantly slower, and yes the machines make less noise, but other than that I never notice a difference in performance, load times etc. Suppose I don't really care though, load times have never really bothered me unless they took forever, which is very rare.
    As for swapping discs, that doesn't bother me either. Takes 10 seconds and ideally you only have to swap once each playthrough. I guess I'm just old school, but I care about the quality of the game content first and foremost. Shame about said quality too in this case, however, but still a great game.

  4. #29
    Originally Posted by Maiden Ty One
    My sentiments exactly, FrankieSatt. It'd be one thing if they just admitted there's a fault, it's THEIR fault, but they just can't be bothered to do anything about it. That would still be unacceptable, but at least it'd be honest.

    To outright LIE like that, as though we're all so stupid not to realise that 2 Disc games CAN be installed, is just taking the piss. Furthermore, they must KNOW that we know they're lying...so what's the point? Why not just admit it?

    Deus Ex: HR is honestly one of the finest games I've ever played; brilliant gameplay and breath-taking story telling - how they can show their own creation such little care is beyond me (unless they've been taking artistic and business advice from George Lucas...)
    They never even admitted to there being faults in the regular game. Even these "fixes" in the Director's Cut came without any actually admission of the game being broken. Can't say I'd expect them to admit to there being faults in this version after that.

    Even GTA5 allows you to install the second disc even if Rockstar suggests that you not.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,337
    Originally Posted by Caribou007
    No it wasn't. They just added that disclaimer after people noticed the in-game strategy guide was missing from their games and started asking for it.
    No, you're incorrect. They always advertised it as a feature exclusive to the wiiU and also said it was tied into the second screen.

  6. #31
    HERESY: You can see the disclaimer is not here, it was added later.


  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,337
    Originally Posted by USER47
    HERESY: You can see the disclaimer is not here, it was added later.

    I'm not talking about the disclaimer. I'm talking about what was said here and reported by other outlets.

    So it says in game strategy guide? Does it state that the PC version is going to have it? Nope. It simply says "in game strategy guide." Again, find their posts and interviews with other outlets after they announced it was coming to other platforms and you'll see they mentioned it (and several other things) still being exclusive to the wiiU.

  8. #33
    Originally Posted by HERESY
    So it says in game strategy guide? Does it state that the PC version is going to have it? Nope. It simply says "in game strategy guide."
    And then goes on to list platforms, which means to ANYBODY ANYWHERE that all versions it lists are going to have all features it lists.

    Again, find their posts and interviews with other outlets after they announced it was coming to other platforms and you'll see they mentioned it (and several other things) still being exclusive to the wiiU.
    Which doesn't make the advertising any less false, and certainly doesn't mean that they were "advertising it" as being exclusive to the Wii U, which is what you were saying in the first place. Nowhere in the advertisements does it say that. So no, they weren't advertising it as being exclusive to the Wii U.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,337
    Originally Posted by Shralla
    And then goes on to list platforms, which means to ANYBODY ANYWHERE that all versions it lists are going to have all features it lists.



    Which doesn't make the advertising any less false, and certainly doesn't mean that they were "advertising it" as being exclusive to the Wii U, which is what you were saying in the first place. Nowhere in the advertisements does it say that. So no, they weren't advertising it as being exclusive to the Wii U.
    This is not worthy of an in depth response as it is clear as day that you aren't reading and comprehending what was typed.

    Have a great day, fan.

  10. #35
    Originally Posted by HERESY
    This is not worthy of an in depth response as it is clear as day that you aren't reading and comprehending what was typed.

    Have a great day, fan.
    No, you're just not reading and comprehending what the advertisement in question says.

    SPOILERS: It says that the strategy guide comes with all the versions listed there.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,337
    Originally Posted by Shralla
    No, you're just not reading and comprehending what the advertisement in question says.

    SPOILERS: It says that the strategy guide comes with all the versions listed there.
    Whatever you say, fan, but it says nothing of the sort.

    And I just love how some genius took a pic of "strategy guide" that came from a 2+ minute advert that showed nothing but the wiiU controller and others automatically assumed it meant it was for everyone.

    Incredible.

    ETA: This gets even better. Zoom in on the ad people. This was the wiiU ad that was adjusted to include the other platforms. Before it even says "in game guide" it says "in depth MIIVERSE." So you're gonna get the Miiverse on Live? On Mac? on PSN? On steam? LMAO!

  12. #37
    How difficult is to get the strategy guide to all platforms? Considering that it was previously stated it would be featured in all versions of the game, I do think it is kind of a very big issue... But can live with it.

    By the way, any word on the textures fix for the Downtown Apartments and Adam Jensen's kitchen?

  13. #38
    Originally Posted by HERESY
    Whatever you say, fan.
    Never had you at a loss for words before. Maybe you can go away now since you clearly can't be bothered to read anymore?
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,337
    Originally Posted by Franubis
    How difficult is to get the strategy guide to all platforms? Considering that it was previously stated it would be featured in all versions of the game, I do think it is kind of a very big issue... But can live with it.

    By the way, any word on the textures fix for the Downtown Apartments and Adam Jensen's kitchen?
    It was NEVER stated that it would be on all platforms of the game. You are all looking at a wiiU ad that was changed up to include the xbox, psn and pc verbage. Look at the ad people. READ it. If I apply the "logic" of some of you people it would mean miiverse integration is supported for all platforms, lol.

    SMH.

    I'm done with this topic.

    EM, in the future, if you release a directors cut of the game, make sure you spell things out clearly for those who feel entitled or have selective reading issues. Make sure that your marketing guys and art teams develop new pieces because you'll have this problem all over again.

    Remember people, this was from the original wiiU ad. The 2 minute video and verbage pertaining to the miiverse support this. In addition they NEVER said "the strategy guide comes with all versions here" or "in game guide comes with all versions here."

  15. #40
    Originally Posted by HERESY
    And I just love how some genius took a pic of "strategy guide" that came from a 2+ minute advert that showed nothing but the wiiU controller and others automatically assumed it meant it was for everyone.
    Originally Posted by HERESY
    Remember people, this was from the original wiiU ad. The 2 minute video and verbage pertaining to the miiverse support this.
    They use the Wii-U controller to show the split-screen features, but the split-screen features are not Wii-U exclusive. They could have used a PS Vita or any PC-compatible device, instead.

    The video also shows the boxes for all the platforms as it finishes. And another image of the boxes for all platforms are shown when you first load the website, (before playing the video).

    Originally Posted by HERESY
    ETA: This gets even better. Zoom in on the ad people. This was the wiiU ad that was adjusted to include the other platforms. Before it even says "in game guide" it says "in depth MIIVERSE." So you're gonna get the Miiverse on Live? On Mac? on PSN? On steam? LMAO!
    Miiverse is exclusive to Nintendo. That's obvious. Are strategy guides exclusive to Nintendo? Obviously no, they are not. Is there any reason that you can't have an in-game strategy guide on the PC version? Obviously no, there isn't. Did it say that the in-game strategy guide was Wii-U exclusive, anyway? No. Is that area of the advertisment only listing Wii-U exclusive features? No, it also listed the in-game developer commentary, another type of feature that, like in-game strategy guides, is obviously not exclusive to Wii-U. So why not have the in-game commentary in all versions of the game? Actually, it is in all versions of the game. So why not have the in-game strategy guide in all versions of the game too? There's no reason that you wouldn't expect to get it.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,337
    I wish people would understand that they (EM) did a whole hackjob of their previous work. Yeah, let's just totally forget that the vid is explaining WiiU gamepad features (it plainly states this.) So what if the vid shows all the platforms when it finishes? The vid also shows grenade throwback (wiiU exclusive), augmented sniping (wii u exclusive), document sharing (wiiU exclusive) and gamepad mode (wiiU exclusive.) But, because the end of the vid shows multiple platforms, we should all assume that these things are included or that you're supposed to get a strategy guide...

    Incredible.

    Now I'm done.

  17. #42
    So is the DC being patched incrementally, or will there be one big one that fixes all the random things?

  18. #43
    I doubt they're gonna patch it at all, to be honest. But if they ARE gonna patch it, the issue that is most likely to be addressed is the smartglass function - that's a feature they specifically advertised that at the moment doesn't work for anyone.

    The one encouraging thing is that it seems that most of these problems are all caused by the same thing; the 360 not recognising the Director's Cut as a seperate game to the original. So, the best way to fix the smartglass problem would be to get the console to correctly identify it, and if they do that then hopefully that will solve most, if not all the other major issues.

    But like say, that's if they even bother to patch it at all.

  19. #44
    *sadface*

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,362
    Originally Posted by Maiden Ty One
    I doubt they're gonna patch it at all, to be honest. But if they ARE gonna patch it, the issue that is most likely to be addressed is the smartglass function - that's a feature they specifically advertised that at the moment doesn't work for anyone.

    The one encouraging thing is that it seems that most of these problems are all caused by the same thing; the 360 not recognising the Director's Cut as a seperate game to the original. So, the best way to fix the smartglass problem would be to get the console to correctly identify it, and if they do that then hopefully that will solve most, if not all the other major issues.

    But like say, that's if they even bother to patch it at all.
    It'd be a significant omission if they fail to provide a patch, so I reckon it's much more likely than not. Hopefully we'll be able to share a statement off them soon.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1
    Originally Posted by Raider of Souls
    That's right, forgot about L.A.

    So, games that prove the Xbox 360 console does allow two disc installations:

    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3
    The Witcher 2
    Rage
    L.A. Noire

    After some research, there are only 3 full retail games that I know of that you can't install to the 360. One of them was patched (Crackdown w/ Halo 3 beta) after release. So currently, there are only 2 retail games you can't install to the 360:

    Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

    Fine company I see...
    Also Lost Odyssey is a 4 disc game, where each disc can be installed just fine

    Blatant lies from Eidos

    Originally Posted by HERESY
    I'm not talking about the disclaimer. I'm talking about what was said here and reported by other outlets.

    So it says in game strategy guide? Does it state that the PC version is going to have it? Nope. It simply says "in game strategy guide." Again, find their posts and interviews with other outlets after they announced it was coming to other platforms and you'll see they mentioned it (and several other things) still being exclusive to the wiiU.
    Saying things in interviews and posts is different from actual advertising. The original advert can be classed as misleading. As it doesn't specifically say the walkthrough is Wii-U only, neither does it say anywhere on the original advert that it's Wii-U only.

    A company has to provide a disclaimer proving otherwise. Just look up "misleading advert" and see all of the cases where companies have been fined etc. for misleading customers.

  22. #47
    Originally Posted by Maiden Ty One
    The one encouraging thing is that it seems that most of these problems are all caused by the same thing; the 360 not recognising the Director's Cut as a seperate game to the original. So, the best way to fix the smartglass problem would be to get the console to correctly identify it, and if they do that then hopefully that will solve most, if not all the other major issues.

    But like say, that's if they even bother to patch it at all.
    Yeah, I don't think patching the ID issue will fix all other major issues for the 360. That is just wishful thinking. SmartGlass not recognizing the game is different than the 360 not recognizing the game.

    The inability to install the game is not caused by the 360 not recognizing the Director's Cut as a separate game. Having the same product code is one thing, but the 360 internally recognizes it as a different game because the dashboard image of the game is different than the vanilla version. Also, if you have the vanilla version installed and then put in the Director's Cut, the 360 will not confuse the two. Also, the 360 will recognize each disc as Disc 1 & Disc 2.

    I think the 360 will install anything unless it's told not to. I have two versions of Mass Effect 1--the original version w/ the Microsoft Studios logo and the trilogy version w/ the EA logo--and you can install both (they will count as a separate install even though they are the same game & have the same achievement list). Also, the ME1 bonus disc included in the Platinum Hits version with just concept art, videos, and music can be installed as well, even though it's not really a game.

    The studio that ported the Director's Cut must have designed it not be installed. That is why they are claiming two disc installations are not allowed when they are.

    Also, there won't be a separate achievement list by just fixing the ID. They would also need to add a separate list to the online database. Without a new list on the xbox.com database, the DC will not have a separate list just because SmartGlass can finally recognize it. You can observe this when DLC comes out but the corresponding achievements are not yet on xbox.com. Earning them doesn't add to your online gamerscore, only the offline profile. The fix is to redownload your profile and re-earn them once they do add the missing achievements.

  23. #48
    Okay, so CyberP's absurdly inappropriate single smiley response to Maiden Ty One was deleted, but why was the completely legitimate and well thought-out post that he was responding to deleted? It wasn't rude or inappropriate at all. Not to stir the kettle, but he did a good job summarizing a lot of the concerns people have about this game and gaming in general.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

  24. #49
    @ Spyhopping

    Any kind of info about a patch would be great, cheers.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,362
    Originally Posted by Pixieking
    @ Spyhopping

    Any kind of info about a patch would be great, cheers.
    We'll let everyone here know right away if we hear any news.

    Originally Posted by Shralla
    Okay, so CyberP's absurdly inappropriate single smiley response to Maiden Ty One was deleted, but why was the completely legitimate and well thought-out post that he was responding to deleted? It wasn't rude or inappropriate at all. Not to stir the kettle, but he did a good job summarizing a lot of the concerns people have about this game and gaming in general.
    Yep, it did have some very good points and I rather enjoyed reading it. I wouldn't say CyperP's response was absurdly inappropriate though. I've encouraged Maiden Ty One to have the post back up, I only soft deleted it as an interim tidy up as I didn't feel like doing a messy post dissection (also maybe some laziness). I have no desire to be pointlessly oppressive, dear Shralla.

Page 2 of 18 First First 12345612 ... Last