Thread: Human Revolution Director's Cut: Answers from the team (update: first patch details)

Human Revolution Director's Cut: Answers from the team (update: first patch details)

But seriously, what possessed you to buy 5 copies?

He is a dedicated fan with some spending money..

Thumbs Up

Originally Posted by Starhowl
    And if it would've been 500 versions; as a merchant you are obliged to make sure that your merchandise reaches your customer intact.

And even if only 1 out of 500 would be not - you are obligated by law to take it back and reimburse your customer or make sure that he will receive a working version.

Furthermore: "Lol obviously you suck!1" is no appropriate answer to a customer that has bought so many of your wares.

You're going highly off-topic in an attempt to distract from the problem which reads "Human Revolution Director's Cut: Answers from the team (update: first patch details)".
    Back to topic: Where's the patch?
    I agree.

Yes, lets not get in the way of those who want a patch. That is wrong. The game is apparently a joke and should be fixed...though it was a damn wasted opportunity altogether and I personally would prefer if not another single dime was spent on it, but that's irrelevant.

Wasn't a wasted opportunity from a business standpoint though, eh SE/EM...

Somewhere in there, there's a joke to be made about The Missing Patch DLC
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Aye carumba! It's ok to vent and complain, but a lot of complaints in this thread is almost borderline ridiculous. Slamming something or someone will not get anything accomplishment. I'm sure somewhere on someone's desk at the complaint desk at EM, there is "For a complaint, pull here for service" that is a pin to a grenade on the desk.

Originally Posted by FrankCSIS
    Somewhere in there, there's a joke to be made about The Missing Patch DLC
    These lot would still buy it

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    Did y'all blind-buy the DC? If so, I don't exactly have much sympathy.
    Of course we did. Logic would dictate that EM and Nixxes would have developed this Director's Cut version based on the latest build of the original game. Of course, logic was tragically felled the day DC was released. Jaysus, it could be even worse; case in point, Konami lost the original source code and final build for Silent Hill 2.

How else would one have bought the DC? The buyers of the original had theirs fixed, EVENTUALLY. My version? Nope. How was i to know? This whole blame the user thing is utterly offensive. Go be a corporate shill somewhere else, 68.

Originally Posted by dysamoria
    How else would one have bought the DC? The buyers of the original had theirs fixed, EVENTUALLY. My version? Nope. How was i to know? This whole blame the user thing is utterly offensive. Go be a corporate shill somewhere else, 68.
    I understand your frustrations but if someone says that blind-buying is a bad thing I wholeheartedly agree and it has nothing to do with being a corporate shill at all. Quite the opposite really, it's promoting wallet voting based on a informed decision (well, kind of).

...wut?

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    I understand your frustrations but if someone says that blind-buying is a bad thing I wholeheartedly agree and it has nothing to do with being a corporate shill at all. Quite the opposite really, it's promoting wallet voting based on a informed decision (well, kind of).
    I think it's reasonable to have expected the Director's Cut to have used to current, patched graphics engine with proper shaders etc. rather than having reverted back to a clunky version. I don't recall the poorer graphics, stutteryness or sound issues being mentioned in any reviews in the gaming media personally, so it would have been difficult to have made an 'informed' decision.

Originally Posted by dogsolitude_uk
    I think it's reasonable to have expected the Director's Cut to have used to current, patched graphics engine with proper shaders etc. rather than having reverted back to a clunky version. I don't recall the poorer graphics, stutteryness or sound issues being mentioned in any reviews in the gaming media personally, so it would have been difficult to have made an 'informed' decision.
    And that's my response as well. i asked "How else would one have bought the DC?" i was given the response of "buyer beware". That's a response, not an answer.

And that's my response as well. i asked "How else would one have bought the DC?" i was given the response of "buyer beware". That's a response, not an answer.
    Fair enough but not an excuse to call people corporate shills, in my opinion.

Does the guy he called a shill even own the DC?

In any event, I thought this thread was to get answers from the team about the game and patches. I can see if others are using this thread and the announcement of a future patch to help them make a purchase. However, using this thread to point fingers at the people who did purchase the game, as if it is our fault, is flat out wrong. We paid for the game. We didn't steal it from a store or pirate it. If the shoe were on the other foot and we stole or pirated, and EM or SE found out, they would want to take us to court for payment. So what have we done wrong? All we did was support a company that we thought could deliver an experience we would enjoy. Is that a crime? No, so why should the company, the mods and other members treat us like criminals and point the finger like we did something wrong? Why laugh it up and make jokes about what we would and wouldn't buy?

Originally Posted by Golden Method

In any event, I thought this thread was to get answers from the team about the game and patches. I can see if others are using this thread and the announcement of a future patch to help them make a purchase. However, using this thread to point fingers at the people who did purchase the game, as if it is our fault, is flat out wrong. We paid for the game. We didn't steal it from a store or pirate it. If the shoe were on the other foot and we stole or pirated, and EM or SE found out, they would want to take us to court for payment. So what have we done wrong? All we did was support a company that we thought could deliver an experience we would enjoy. Is that a crime? No, so why should the company, the mods and other members treat us like criminals and point the finger like we did something wrong? Why laugh it up and make jokes about what we would and wouldn't buy?

The team has never actually given any answers.

It's been six months today- still no patch or answers from the developers.

Originally Posted by Caribou007
    It's been six months today- still no patch or answers from the developers. .
    QFT.

@Golden Method: I don't point fingers. I had my fair share of (let's call it) bad "early adopter" experiences myself already. I have learned from it that buying based on trusting a company is very risky and better to be avoided. Maybe that's something you too can take away from this situation. However, I only got envolved here because of the name calling, really.

Six months is much too long.

Originally Posted by hybridex
    Suspicious.. hah? Can you elaborate on that? Are you saying you're suspicious that it would not be to our expectation or just suspicious that an actual movie of DX would be in development or come out in theater?
    I'd be suspicious as to whether it would be a good move for DX, and whether the current audience would actually like what was made in the end. If they focused on a good story and let that tiresome movie formula of shooting, fight scenes, damsels in distress and CGI overuse fall by the wayside then I'd be rather excited for it.

So what have we done wrong? All we did was support a company that we thought could deliver an experience we would enjoy. Is that a crime? No, so why should the company, the mods and other members treat us like criminals and point the finger like we did something wrong?
    Now you're pointing fingers! Nobody has treated anybody like a criminal.

It would be nice if we got finally an answer from the devs regarding the new patch^^

then everyone can calm down again

NS

I'm still confused about how telling people not to buy the game makes me a corporate shill but whatever.

Of course I didn't - I knew it would be a pointless waste of money and the fact that it was originally only going to be on WiiU suggested it was going to be half-assed.

I'm not saying never pre-order or blind-buy anything. Hell, I've heavily backed some Kickstarters and haven't seen much yet - I'm probably stupid for doing it but I'm okay with that because sometimes you have to accept things aren't going to work out.

It's not your fault there are issues with the game but it's stupid to expect there not to be and stupid to expect them all to be fixed.

Why laugh it up and make jokes about what we would and wouldn't buy?
    Because your self-importance is comical?

Originally Posted by spyhopping
    Now you're pointing fingers! Nobody has treated anybody like a criminal.
    Not unless being an idiot became illegal (but then all of us would be under arrest).

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    Of course I didn't - I knew it would be a pointless waste of money and the fact that it was originally only going to be on WiiU suggested it was going to be half-assed.
    The WiiU version is actually the most stable version and not half-assed. If you don't own it, knew the game would be a pointless waste of money and you already had a certain opinion of the WiiU version why are you posting in this thread? I am not saying you can't post here, I don't decide that, but aside from "because I can" I see no reason in posting in this thread and I don't appreciate the antagonism displayed by others and yourself.

I'm not saying never pre-order or blind-buy anything. Hell, I've heavily backed some Kickstarters and haven't seen much yet - I'm probably stupid for doing it but I'm okay with that because sometimes you have to accept things aren't going to work out.
    This is more than accepting things aren't going to work out. With Kickstarter, you can get your money back. What course of action do we have?

It's not your fault there are issues with the game but it's stupid to expect there not to be and stupid to expect them all to be fixed.
    I would say it is stupid to post in a thread about matters that clearly don't concern or impact you in any way but that is simply my opinion. However, it is not stupid to expect a game that has been advertised as the "Directors Cut" with certain features, to work as intended. I could see if there was screen tearing here, a bit of slow down there, pop ins, that would be something I'm sure most of us could live with. But no smartglass function that was clearly advertised? Guns sounding like 32kbps files and PC gamers not even being able to get the game to start? They advertised a directors cut, we didn't expect for things to be perfect but we did NOT expect for the game to regress.

Because your self-importance is comical?
    Self-importance...coming from a person who didn't spend any money on the game yet is in a thread dedicated to updates about a patch. That's more than comical. So, anytime you have shelled out your money for a product, I hope someone tells you "Because of your self-importance we're not going to give you a refund or fix the problem. See ya, kiddo, don't let the door hit ya on the way out!" That would be fair right?

Not unless being an idiot became illegal (but then all of us would be under arrest).
    And this is the type of stuff mods allow here? I see why the game is like it is. It's all good.

With Kickstarter, you can get your money back.
    Sorry, but I can't let this slide. Project creators, under KS terms and conditions, are under *NO* obligation to refund any money. KS is not a store. The only time KS even suggests doing a refund, is if the project is not capable of being completed.

Originally Posted by Jito463
    Sorry, but I can't let this slide. Project creators, under KS terms and conditions, are under *NO* obligation to refund any money. KS is not a store. The only time KS even suggests doing a refund, is if the project is not capable of being completed.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq...arter%20basics

Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) This information can serve as a basis for legal recourse if a creator doesn't fulfill their promises. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.

So when I make the claim that you can get your money back from Kickstarter, I don't mean the company Kickstarter, mean "kickstarter" i.e. the company you decided to back and fun.

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq...arter%20basics

Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) This information can serve as a basis for legal recourse if a creator doesn't fulfill their promises. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.

So when I make the claim that you can get your money back from Kickstarter, I don't mean the company Kickstarter, mean "kickstarter" i.e. the company you decided to back and fun.
    And note that they mention "legal recourse", which means lawsuit. Sure, some (possibly most) would be okay with refunding individuals, but it doesn't mean they have to. And I already covered that quote from the FAQ. I stand by my comment. KS is crowd-funding, and the rewards are just that, rewards. They're not purchases. It's entirely possible for a "good-faith effort" to spectacularly fail, and the project not succeed; in which case the project creator is not on the hook for refunding anything. Someone could still attempt a lawsuit to get their money back, but as with all things in life, there's no guarantees.

This just bugs me, because far too often I see comments on KS from people annoyed at delays, and complaining they want their money back for a project, even if it's still in production. I fear far too many people have the wrong idea about what KS really is. This isn't directed at you specifically, but at everyone who incorrectly regards KS as a purchasing platform, rather than what it is: a crowd-funding platform.

Of course, now it's just getting really off-topic.

Okay, i've been called out on this both my a moderator and by fellow board members, and i felt pretty irritated at the time, so:

i apologize for the name calling. i felt like the target of my name calling was baiting those of us who have bought this game and are frustrated. Next time i'll just say that, without the name calling. Like most humans, get me pissed off and i respond with far less than my ideal of self control and rationality. i should have said what Golden Method said: "...using this thread to point fingers at the people who did purchase the game, as if it is our fault, is flat out wrong." Of course, i see 68_pie is continuing to suggest name calling of his own, now more directly. Sigh. Whatever.

Page 14 of 18 First First ... 4101112131415161718 Last