Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: "Dual Screen" function on PC version of Director's Cut is missing

"Dual Screen" function on PC version of Director's Cut is missing

"Dual Screen" function on PC version of Director's Cut is missing

The 360 version has SmartGlass.
    The PS3 version has Vita.
    The Wii U version has the Gamepad.

The PC version has...nothing, apparently.

The manual states:
    "Play Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director’s Cut in the ultimate
    Dual Screen experience. By connecting and using Intel® software
    technology with your PC, the game will automatically shift to a Dual
    Screen mode. It’s up to you to choose how you use the Dual Screen
    experience. Control the whole game using only your smartphone or
    keep your keyboard & mouse and use the second screen to complete
    your hacks and navigate in the menus. More information about the
    Dual Screen mode can be found in the Options menu in game.
    "

Yet, there is no "Dual Screen" setting under the options menu. There is no info about it on the website and I see no posted threads asking about it. I have looked everywhere, asked the question on every gaming site I frequent and not a single person seem to know anything about it, at all

Is the "Dual Screen" feature coming to the PC/Steam version and simply wasn't ready in time, or was it cut entirely?

If a mod could find out and get some actual details, I'm sure many would greatly appreciate it.

Cherrs!

we PC gamer get the DC cheaper.thats it.

ok it would help if people actually think about things and do at least some research on their own.....
    the pc does have a second screen function it for some reason however is not active, if you'd actually looking in the game directory there is a zip called dxhrhtml it contains a html file and a javascript file both of which call home to http://origin.sqexeu.com/files/dxhrgcs/ this page looks like a generic second screen with touch sensitivity meant for tablets or phones of either android or generic webkit5 utilization. i have yet to figure out how to activate its functions however... this seems to be in part at least due to a jquery error when attempting to find a jquery.min.map file or function

when you search the site on google, it shows as this:

Controller Prototype
    origin.sqexeu.com/files/dxhrgcs/‎
    CREDITS 0 NEXT PRAXIS 0 TOTAL XP 0

So, it will obviously be host to something for the game, but I still have not found any concrete info on when and if these featureswill be available on the PC version.

well as far as my digging has brought up the client side is all set its the webserver that needs either completion or activation of underlying function calls

I contacted customer service earlier today and asked about it, I'll update if/when they get back to me.

We're watching these issues and passing them along. Answers may be forthcoming soon-ish.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Coming Soon

Hey everyone,

Don't worry it has NOT been cut, it's just not out yet.
    Intel has revealed the Technology which you can follow here:
    http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...n-control.html
    We will announce as soon as it is out!

Originally Posted by epedneault
    Hey everyone,

Don't worry it has NOT been cut, it's just not out yet.
    Intel has revealed the Technology which you can follow here:
    http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...n-control.html
    We will announce as soon as it is out!
    So, according to that link the feature will only support Intel processors, meaning AMD users (like myself) will not be able to take advantage of it, is that correct?

If so, that's highly disappointing.

well to be honest in recent years intel has become the powerhouse that amd once was; at least in terms of gaming.
    i used to use exclusively amd tech in my pcs but as of late 2011 through early to mid 2012 i've noticed in raw gaming power intel is starting and continuing to push the balance back in it's favor, especially in new technologies (like intel widi, and this new screen control tech which btw relies on intel widi's and mywifi's USBoIP tech/software)
    anyway i mean no fanboy-ism by this post i'm simply making an objective observation on both brands

Originally Posted by Mechcondrid
    well to be honest in recent years intel has become the powerhouse that amd once was; at least in terms of gaming.
    i used to use exclusively amd tech in my pcs but as of late 2011 through early to mid 2012 i've noticed in raw gaming power intel is starting and continuing to push the balance back in it's favor, especially in new technologies (like intel widi, and this new screen control tech which btw relies on intel widi's and mywifi's USBoIP tech/software)
    anyway i mean no fanboy-ism by this post i'm simply making an objective observation on both brands
    Still, going by Steams user hardware stats, AMD processors are present in 26% of users. Meaning 1/4th of users can't use the Dual-Screen functions. A small amount, to be sure, but not insignificant.

Originally Posted by Gene Jacket
    Still, going by Steams user hardware stats, AMD processors are present in 26% of users. Meaning 1/4th of users can't use the Dual-Screen functions. A small amount, to be sure, but not insignificant.
    Does AMD have a comparable technology in their CPU lines?
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Originally Posted by Jerion
    Does AMD have a comparable technology in their CPU lines?
    I honestly have no idea, though I can't imagine something like this would be that difficult to get running on AMD systems. None of the console versions are reliant on an Intel processor, and the feature works fine, so I'm a little suspicious as to why the PC version is any different.

I don't really understand why the CPU has anything to do with this at all, when I'd imagine the phone/tablet specs would be more important. I suppose I'll have to wait for the eventual fan-made mod to work out what an official release can't or won't.

Originally Posted by Jerion
    We're watching these issues and passing them along. Answers may be forthcoming soon-ish.
    Will we, (PC users), also be getting the built-in strategy guide, advertised on www.deusex.com/directorscut?

There is a healthy discussion happening at the Steam discussion forums. I hope someone at Eidos watches those forums too. http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/

I don't get why Eidos has to wait for Intel to release that technology. We should be able to have alternatives, even if not ideal and/or laggy, at least in order to have the feature out of the box. Otherwise, there should be a big disclaimer in the trailers or somewhere else telling us "secondary screen won't be ready for PC and Mac at the time of launching".

(Was there a disclaimer?)

I know it would be clunky, but I wish I could use my laptop as secondary screen until my new mobile phone arrives. And yeah, I use AMD. I've never bought an Intel CPU. Not because I'd not like to, but because AMD has been more affordable (both CPU and MoBo. Even my laptop is AMD).

So, according to that link the feature will only support Intel processors, meaning AMD users (like myself) will not be able to take advantage of it, is that correct?
    No no, it's an Intel website, they talk about requirement based on their own product..

The application's core performance was verified on Intel Processors, but it does install and run on AMDs. You are not locked out of the application if you don't have their silicon.

Thanks

No no, it's an Intel website, they talk about requirement based on their own product..

The application's core performance was verified on Intel Processors, but it does install and run on AMDs. You are not locked out of the application if you don't have their silicon.
    Hi there èmile good to hear that i thought it would be intel only. So if we get the dual screen option do we also get the new augmentation (Tactical pattern recognition system) the new grenade throwback feature, map editing for the PC? I hope so because i was really anticipated for those elements and i am honestly disappointed that we didn't get it. I hope you read this

Greetings galatele

Well certainly great to hear!

If I may ask, were the Dual-Screen features simply not ready in time to ship with the game? And if so, why hasn't there been any official word about that particular feature for the PC version?

Thank you for clarifying that. Good to know. But will we really need that specific software?

Ripped off

I can't help but feel misled that the dual screen is not working and there does not seem to be any indication of when this Intel software will become available, Eidos need to immediately fix the steam description page so users are aware of this. It beggars belief that the crappy low res videos in Deus EX are still not fixed and the animations are stilted like cardboard cutouts, it's 2013 folks. In fact I'm having a hard time seeing what has been changed in the game at all. I thought $5 was a fair price to original owners, but I'm not feeling like I got $5 worth of value at this stage.

This is not going well.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Glad to hear that you are still trying to bring Dual Screen to the PC version of the game... but I am a bit worried by the lack of contact from Eidos (we are aware that you listen to our concerns and commentaries —otherwise, you would not have edited such things as the gold filter—).

I think it would be better if you explained about this current issue with the Second Screen tech not only in the forums, but also in the product page in Steam.

But still can't wait to get my copy on monday.

Exclamation Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut Experience Missing

The Intel Screen option is a great feature but the lack of a release date is a disappointment to those who wanted to get the full experience of this immersive upgrade. I can't wait to see what this feature will bring for PC users and i want to see how well it contends with the actual gameplay of the original Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Please give us an approximate release date for Intel Screen software and not keep us in the dark about this please, this is to keep the peace between those who feel ripped off or betrayed by this incomplete released feature!!!

//UPDATE// I decided to look in the ingame manual provided by steam and i have found this out. The Dual screen option is only available when Intel releases the Intel Screen Option. The second screen is provided only with tablets and Mobile devices, it is not a dual monitor feature. Until the feature is release, this will not arrive in any upcoming patch. I hope this clarifies any conflict between lack of support for this game or within the thread, i have listed the manual information below

"Play Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director’s Cut in the ultimate Dual Screen experience. By connecting and using Intel® software technology with your PC, the game will automatically shift to a Dual Screen mode. It’s up to you to choose how you use the Dual Screen experience. Control the whole game using only your smartphone or keep your keyboard & mouse and use the second screen to complete your hacks and navigate in the menus. More information about the Dual Screen mode can be found in the Options menu in game"

Note. Intel Screen is for Intel and AMD chipsets, dont think AMD Users will be left out when it comes to the mobile visual experience for Android/IOS Devices

Originally Posted by Andii.Stephensen
    Please give us an approximate release date for Intel Screen software or enable the dual screen feature that is missing entirely from the main game.
    This, so much... I mean, it isn't a deal-breaker, but it surely makes it up for paying twice for a very similar game and can balance the fanbase's opinion a bit torwards the DC.

Just a line of text saying "before 2014" or something along these lines would be much appreciated and will surely make a difference from being left in the dark waiting for the feature.

Originally Posted by beyondtool
    I can't help but feel misled that the dual screen is not working and there does not seem to be any indication of when this Intel software will become available, Eidos need to immediately fix the steam description page so users are aware of this. It beggars belief that the crappy low res videos in Deus EX are still not fixed and the animations are stilted like cardboard cutouts, it's 2013 folks. In fact I'm having a hard time seeing what has been changed in the game at all. I thought $5 was a fair price to original owners, but I'm not feeling like I got $5 worth of value at this stage.
    I fully agree with @beyondtool. It seems that I have paid twice for the same product. I was very excited about Intel dual screen and control by phone/tablet. There was not a clear disclaimer that the technology is not available yet. Shame

Page 1 of 3 123 Last