Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread: Take 5 – Community Q&A #4

Take 5 – Community Q&A #4

Take 5 – Community Q&A #4

http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/Take-5-QA-4

There was this one post of Adam where he compared the free jumping in Thief to being able to open the trunk in a racing game which i really disliked, but other than that i think he was a fine CM.

He was a fine CM indeed; and he's allowed his own opinion like everyone else here.

Wishing you all the best, Adam. Take care of yourself.

To the Q&As.... great news on the removal of XP.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

@Viktoria - Do you know, will "they" still be doing the podcast this Friday regarding the City Hub?
    "I can see only one good thing coming from a Thief 4. Mark my words on this one. It will make people love Deadly Shadows." -Digital Nightfall (4/4/2008)

"We" will!
    The podcast was recorded a few weeks ago, it's all set to go live on Friday. I think it's our best yet!

Adam has set this podcast in place, I believe, so it should be released Friday.
    I will see if I can get confirmation of that for you.

EDIT: Freyja beat me to it.
    signature image

Good luck to Adam.

As per usual, the link to the latest Q&A has been added to FAQs thread for easy reference:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=118236
    signature image

Originally Posted by Freyja
    "We" will!
    The podcast was recorded a few weeks ago, it's all set to go live on Friday. I think it's our best yet!
    Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Adam has set this podcast in place, I believe, so it should be released Friday.
    I will see if I can get confirmation of that for you.
    Thanks guys, looking forward to it. Say, where can I apply for that open CM position?

Also - what's up with the forums? After being down for several days, I expected to see something brand new and shiny when they came back, not the same old thing.
    "I can see only one good thing coming from a Thief 4. Mark my words on this one. It will make people love Deadly Shadows." -Digital Nightfall (4/4/2008)

Sad to see Adam left. Good luck to him.

As for XP, it was never a big deal for me, but it was definitely a good decision on their part. Both in terms of what they've removed and to show that they DO listen to fans. And QTEs as well

Did Adam say bye to us somewhere? Or did he took a stealthy French leave?
    Anyway, good luck to him with his new work.

He used pillars of Thief. He got all the loot from Eidos Montreal and escaped. Good luck to him he was good at his role.

Hey, can I be a new community manager? I can, like, speak English and stuff.

If you would like to work for Eidos Montreal, you need to make an application via the recruitment page:
    http://www.eidosmontreal.com/jobs

Good luck.
    signature image

Thank you, sweetheart, but I don't see any open Commie Manager positions, so I guess I'm late and stuff.

You're welcome.
    If there are no positions open for a CM it probably means they already have a suitable candidate lined up.
    Better luck next time. Do you have experience?
    signature image

No, but I am a very fast learner. I don't think this is harder than being a tech manager. It's like, you are servicing people now instead of tech, if you know what I mean.

There's a lot more to the CM position than servicing people. Heck, I don't think Adam slept during the entire E3 trip.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Originally Posted by Master Taffer
    There's a lot more to the CM position than servicing people. Heck, I don't think Adam slept during the entire E3 trip.
    My, my, I guess we misunderstood each other's 'servicing', but every job has details that go beyond your mere imagination.

He was a fine CM indeed; and he's allowed his own opinion like everyone else here.

Wishing you all the best, Adam. Take care of yourself.

To the Q&As.... great news on the removal of XP.
    Yay. I want XP points for finding all secrets, blackjacking all guards, and picking pockets without detection..
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...postcount=1892

It's nice to see that despite your position you can still change your mind on these matters.

Yay. I want XP points for finding all secrets, blackjacking all guards, and picking pockets without detection..
    To the Q&As.... great news on the removal of XP .
    It's pretty obvious she's just supporting whatever Eidos wants or doesn't want. Not surprising.

The reaction from fans to the "Headshot XP" pop-up in the E3 gameplay demo was fairly negative
    What is this Headshot XP? For a moment I confused it with the operating system... Can someone give me a screenshot about, please?

We're sorry to announce that Adam has decided to leave Eidos-Montréal to pursue new opportunities.
    Again?? Another community manager is gone, what's wrong with Eidos Montreal? lol
    Free Fall: S = ½a * t²

Thanks guys, this was very instructive. And wait until you hear what they have to say about QTEs...
    This quote was from the end of the #4 Q&A - I'm not sure if Valerie posts to the boards here, but if so can you (or anyone) clarify what this means? Is it just a joke, or is there something behind it?

In other words, are they really getting rid of QTEs? Because, IMO, their presence has probably been criticized far more than the XP system ever was.

Originally Posted by massimilianogoi
    What is this Headshot XP? For a moment I confused it with the operating system... Can someone give me a screenshot about, please?
    Another community manager is gone, what's wrong with Eidos Montreal? lol
    Nothing wrong with EM at all. Adam's departure is unrelated to the studio or the game So worry not.

Originally Posted by Meridius
    It's pretty obvious she's just supporting whatever Eidos wants or doesn't want. Not surprising.

You misunderstand. Not surprising.
    You see, I am supportive of whatever options are presented to the player.
    I wasn't bothered with, or by, XP points in DX:HR and neither were many others... but if they add a fun element; then so be it. If they were never there, so be it. Its all cool by me.
    signature image

Originally Posted by brethren
    This quote was from the end of the #4 Q&A - I'm not sure if Valerie posts to the boards here, but if so can you (or anyone) clarify what this means? Is it just a joke, or is there something behind it?

In other words, are they really getting rid of QTEs? Because, IMO, their presence has probably been criticized far more than the XP system ever was.
    I do read the boards, and I'll try to post a bit more until you're in the care of a new CM.
    As for the QTEs, it's not a joke, but you'll have to wait until the next Take 5 for the full details!

Yay, we like to be teased!
    signature image

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last