Thread: Classic Croft Manor HD

Lightbulb Classic Croft Manor HD

BACKSTORY:

Ever since I was first introduced to Tomb Raider, with 'The Adventures of Lara Croft', I've been wondering why
    the manor seen in that beautiful loading screenshot in Tomb Raider III was so different from the ingame manor.
    It looked so classic, detailed and sophisticated and foremost beautiful. I discovered that this version of the manor
    was seen in a (quite blurry) FMV in the first Tomb Raider and even in some officially released promotional renders.
    I always loved the manor training levels in the first Tomb Raider games, and in my opinion it's still one of the things
    that just belongs in a Tomb Raider game. More sequels of Tomb Raider were released, and with every announcement
    I was hoping for a playable version of this FMV version of the manor. But it never became true...

As we all know The Last Revelation, Chronicles and The Angel of Darkness had no manor at all, and Legend, Anniversary
    and Underworld had a beautiful, yet limited incarnation of the manor in the movies. It was fun, but it just wasn't the same.
    That calm, classic feeling and the sense of true exploration was missing. You couldn't even explore the gardens surrounding
    the manor! Then came the reboot, and from the day of announcement we all knew that the chance for a manor was close to none.
    Last august I was in England, surrounded by beautiful English architecture and then I decided:
    If they don't do it, I will do it myself. And so I did...

I aimed for nothing but perfection while making this model. I did an enormous amount of research to make it as identical as
    possible to the model seen in TR1-3. I studied the typical English architecture while I was in England, and I even shot
    my own textures when I was at Hatfield House. The exterior is about 99% done, and I'm just doing some finetuning.
    I'm not sure if I'm going to do the interior as well. Because of the size of the skylight above the pool I did already make
    the pool, so who knows...

WHAT WILL I DO WITH IT?

When the model is 100% done I'll put it up for download, and I'll try to make it available for XPS.
    Now imagine someone making this model playable. Crystal Dynamics perhaps?:mis:
    I hope you'll enjoy this thread.

MEDIA:

Big Grin

Fantastic, Crystal please Import his Manor to TR10 or take Notes from this Member, we want the Classic Manor Please.

Thumbs Up

Awesome tribute, TRJTA, thanks for sharing.

I loved it!

Awesome, love it!
    signature image

Cool

Download it now, Crystal take a look and Please use this Manor for TR10

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a7230...337B9313%21257

This is awesome!

Outstanding work, TRJTA

Just imagine something like this in TR10 (or later)!

Are there any more videos showcasing this project?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Smile

Thanks

That looks sweet!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Chocolate bar wall!

Looks good
    signature image

Here is a Super HD Classic Croft Manor by TRJTA from the Tomb Raider Forums. Be Warned though, this Entire House is Super High Quality that will move Extremely Slow in XPS
    http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...28&postcount=1

Thus, i went and made a Low Quality Version of the House while sticking the Ivy around the House
    http://daventrychris.deviantart.com/...ntry-600745662

Awesome. I like it. Thanks for sharing.
    I think i need to change game now. Maybe it is time to use my coupon on scdkey. Nice post. It is very cool to play this game.

I liked the classic Croft Manor most but we can't complain because we did get a Croft Manor in Rise as requested after the last game. One thing I missed was seeing Winston. I thought perhaps he died of old age and maybe that's why he wasn't there. I also thought that because Lara technically wasn't living there and it was damaged by a storm maybe Winston retired. I'm not sure if this was explained or not.
    signature image