Thread: Putting Steam in Steampunk: Blood Omen 2 available on Steam

Putting Steam in Steampunk: Blood Omen 2 available on Steam

And you can have it here

Oh, and I think this release puts an end to the eternal "Is it BO2: LoK or LoK: BO2" debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    Oh, and I think this release puts an end to the eternal "Is it BO2: LoK or LoK: BO2" debate.
    It's neither.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Quote Originally Posted by Aevum View Post
    It's neither.
    Quite the contrary, it's BO2: LOK now.

I'm not a proponent of product title revisionism, least of all coming from a third party. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain was constantly referred to as "Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen" in the BO2 manual, and that did not stick. The original title is the title. The original title on my game box is "Blood Omen 2" or "Blood Omen 2 <banner>The Legacy of Kain Series</banner>".
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Quote Originally Posted by Aevum View Post
    I'm not a proponent of product title revisionism, least of all coming from a third party. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain was constantly referred to as "Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen" in the BO2 manual, and that did not stick. The original title is the title. The original title on my game box is "Blood Omen 2" or "Blood Omen 2 <banner>The Legacy of Kain Series</banner>".
    Third party? What third party? Steam? Do you think it's STEAM staff decide under which name the game is going to be released? They couldn't care less. They release it under the name they were told and BO2:LoK is the one they were told.

Those who came later are the third party in question. We may just have to agree to disagree, but I would ask that you not declare that this is the definitive name and say end of story, by virtue of the fact that it simply isn't. For me, the only really reliable metric for the game's official name is the original, physical product. There's no changing that.

As a hypothetical example, in the future, on some unforeseen platform, it may for some reason be redistributed under the name "Blood Tides 2: The Sterling Adventures of Snuffleupagus". This would not do anything to annul or invalidate the name on the cover of the box.

The original physical box cannot be changed, but it can become obsolete. And besides, the original european box has it like this:

Third party? What third party? Steam? Do you think it's STEAM staff decide under which name the game is going to be released? They couldn't care less. They release it under the name they were told and BO2:LoK is the one they were told.
    And at the same time it's being sold on GOG.com as Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2. So the official name is still a mystery .

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    And at the same time it's being sold on GOG.com as Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2. So the official name is still a mystery .
    Nope. Because GOG staff are the ones who are actually willing to play around with the names - they did add numbers to some sequels that didn't have them (Deus Ex: Invisible War, Thief: Deadly Shadows, et cetera), so they could change the order. It's also BO2: LoK on CD's site, so...

Nope. Because GOG staff are the ones who are actually willing to play around with the names - they did add numbers to some sequels that didn't have them (Deus Ex: Invisible War, Thief: Deadly Shadows, et cetera), so they could change the order. It's also BO2: LoK on CD's site, so...
    It still requires SE's sanctioning though. Besides official Square Enix Store (which is probably the most trustworthy here) names it Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 as well.
    And we had the discussion about CD site and the consensus was that it was most likely copied from Wikipedia.

We call it LoK:BO2 internally.

Thanks for clearing it up, George, I´ve thought so too.