Thread: THIEF Community Spotlight - Madeeha Ahmed - "Thief Confessions" & "Thief Imagines"

THIEF Community Spotlight - Madeeha Ahmed - "Thief Confessions" & "Thief Imagines"

Originally Posted by nightangel1987
    Yes! That would be a great idea. I shall now write a long message detailing everything here for the Thief-y Secret Santa:

For those of you who don't have a Tumblr blog but would still like to participate in the Thief-y Secret Santa that I am hosting...good news...you can!

All you have to do is send me a PM here on the forum (or an email at garrettsapprentice@gmail.com) mentioning that you would like to participate in the SS and also give me two favourite things you love about the Thief games -- these will be your two "wishes" that I will forward over to your Secret Santa. Once I have all the messages/wishes, I will pair people up with their Secret Santas based on similarities of wishes. The Secret Santa will then choose one wish out of the two and make a creative piece of it -- fan art, photography, video -- really anything as long as it's digital and can be posted on Tumblr and here on this Thread.

Please send me your messages by November 18th, 2013. I will reply a week later with whom you will be a Secret Santa for and that will give you roughly a month to create the piece.

Once you have finished your creative piece for your Secret Santa, send it to me with your Secret Santa client's forum handle via PM here or the email garrettsapprentice@gmail.com by Christmas Eve (Dec 24th 2013) and on Christmas Day (Dec 25, 2013) I will post all submissions on my Tumblr blogs. If you wish to post it in this thread, you can do that as well. Either way I will post the pieces that I receive both here and on my blog.

Thanks everyone! Hope to get lots of messages and taffers participating! Enjoy!

Fantastic, thanks Madeeha.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

For Christmas, I wish everyone an imaginary animated greeting card.
    Picture a wintery scene in the Maw and forest, covered in a blanket of snow.
    See the Tree Beasts dressed with baubles and mistletoe...and hear the sweet chime of the Will-O-Wisp as it floats by, casting light about us. The Wisp would ideally be the star on top of my Xmas tree
    signature image

3. Thief-y Secret Santa!

Hi my amazing fellow taffers!

Many apologies for the lack of activity by me but as you all know this is a very busy time for everyone! Christmas is just around the corner!

That being said….I just wanted to remind you all that the Thief-y Secret Santa submissions are due on Tuesday, December 24th (Christmas Eve) for those who want their submissions posted on my Thief Imagines blog and also here in this thread on the official Thief forums

For posting on Thief Imagines: please use the SUBMIT link on the blog to send me your digital creations along with the URL of the person you were a Secret Santa for and a short blurb of what you made, by Christmas Eve so I can post them on Christmas Day for all to see. If you’d like to keep things anonymous or private, please let me know in the description when you submit your creation.

For posting on the forums: you are welcome to post your creations here in this thread provided all forum rules are followed of course! If you'd rather have me post your Thief Secret Santa work, feel free to send it to me via email at garrettsapprentice@gmail.com

Thanks taffers! Really looking forward to seeing all the fun and festive creative Thief works!

Cheers and Merry Christmas to you all!

Thanks for the reminder, Madeeha.
    Merry Christmas to you too.
    signature image

5. Hi taffers! We've got some nice posts for the Thief-y Secret Santa on my blog Thief Imagines! Have a looksie!

I will be posting these creations up soon in this thread as well

A very Merry Christmas to all of you!

6. Here are the first few Thief-y Secret Santa submissions:

For kadendragon by ninjamouse13 on Tumblr

For ninjamouse13 by kadendragon on Tumblr

For connor-is-the-captain-of-my-bed by sneaky-taffer on Tumblr

Enjoy taffers!

They're great, thanks for sharing, Madeeha.
    The last one could have the caption "Heeeere kitty, kitty, kitty!".
    signature image

8. Many apologies for this late post! I had some serious laptop troubles but all is back to normal now Here are the last few Thief-y Secret Santa submissions I received!

Made by connor-is-the-captain-of-my-bed for sneaky-taffer

Made by zeeplaguedoktor for uselessthief

Made by uselessthief for zeeplaguedoktor

Many thanks to all the participants for taking part in the Thief-y Secret Santa I hosted! I will be sending out participation gifts at the end of January to everyone who took part Details can be found here or you can PM me on the forums or email me at garrettsapprentice@gmail.com

Thanks again Taffers! Enjoy

Many thanks, Madeeha.
    The first pic is still one of my faves so far.. Adorable. Perfect for Valentine's Day too.
    signature image

10. Thief-y Valentine's Day Fun!

Hello fellow taffers!

Check out THIS post on my Thief Imagines blog if you'd like to join in on the Thief-y Valentine's Day fun we're about to have

I was thinking people could make Thief-themed V-Day cards and I'd post them up on my blog as well as here in this thread on the forum. What do you think?

If you don't have Tumblr, you can still join in on the fun here on the forums. PM me here (or email me at garrettsapprentice@gmail.com) your creations and I'll post them on my blog and here on the forums as well (or you can post them in this thread yourself!)

Hope to have people participating! Cheers!

Hmmmm....
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

This is a great idea, Madeeha.
    Looking forward to seeing all the extra l-u-r-v-e Valentines Day brings.
    signature image

I love the Valentine's Day idea so much I sent Madeeha some Thief goodies, including a one-of-a-kind sample Thief t-shirt, to give away as participation prizes. So show some love!

This is awesome!
    Enjoy the goodies, Madeeha!
    signature image

Originally Posted by Freyja
    I love the Valentine's Day idea so much I sent Madeeha some Thief goodies, including a one-of-a-kind sample Thief t-shirt, to give away as participation prizes. So show some love!
    Damn! Could I please have one of those too?
    signature image

Hehe. Get busy creating your Valentine Card. Good luck!
    signature image

C'mon I have a Thief tattoo, that's got to count for something right? :P
    signature image

Totally making something for a card now (to hopefully score some thief goodies eee owo )

^
    I can't wait to see it - good luck.

__

Originally Posted by garryengly
    C'mon I have a Thief tattoo, that's got to count for something right? :P

Absolutely.
    Take a photograph and create a Valentine card with it. You can use a free online photo editors to do this.
    Good luck to you too.
    signature image

20. I'm so glad people like this idea! Haven't received the goodies just yet, but I'm sure I will next week Let's get those Valentine's Day cards in! So far I've only gotten one card creation but many confessions Will start posting them soon!

21. I'm wondering if I should up the age rating from "PG-13" to "R" or "M" for the confessions and cards on the blogs....perhaps then I'll get more.... What do you all think? (I've kept it "PG-13" because of the possibility of younger taffers on the blog and I don't want any trouble!) Just a thought. Perhaps I'll play it safe and keep it "PG-13"

Also, we've got a couple submissions posted on each blog, so check them out! Links below my signature Thanks everyone!

Considering all the Thief games (including the new one) are rated M (for mature), seems pointless to have anything Thief related at a PG-13 level.
    "I can see only one good thing coming from a Thief 4. Mark my words on this one. It will make people love Deadly Shadows." -Digital Nightfall (4/4/2008)

23. Well, I decided to make changes to the rating for the Valentine's Day fun, as well as the blog guidelines themselves!! All R- or M-rated submissions will now be accepted! Thank you brethren for the response! (It made me think!) Much appreciated

24. Just posting up some of the Valentine's Day cards and confessions I've received so far Have a looksie! (Some of them are so cute love it!)

CARDS:

by ninjamouse13 on Tumblr

by sneaky-taffer on Tumblr

CONFESSIONS:

Confession text by anonymous; image credit: screen cap taken by me from this video

Confession text by thefoxleaptforthemoon on Tumblr; art done by irahi on deviantART

Confession text by litlionman on Tumblr; image credit: Thief Wiki

Hope you all enjoy! I'll be posting more as they come

They're all fantastic, thanks for sharing Madeeha. I will submit something soon.
    signature image

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last