Thread: Please do something about team-mate killers in MP

Please do something about team-mate killers in MP

There are few players who just kill their teammates all the time. I just can't hold these players anymore. Just played with one of them. He killed me 7 times in the last match which was a rescue.

His current id on Steam is- 'Petit Lion'.
    And here is his profile:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976644251/

Here's a screenshot showing he burned few members of our team at the same time:

(click image to enlarge)

There are more players like him who destroys the momentum and playing Multiplayer. Please do something about these players, either block them or let them kicked out from the room while they do these issues.

so im guessing they dont have a team kill penalty system like halo, 3 times and you get kicked?

too bad, but they do need to institute something similar to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1t3Kn1te View Post
    so im guessing they dont have a team kill penalty system like halo, 3 times and you get kicked?

Hard to believe not all MP games implement this
    signature image

That's the biggest turnoff on MP games for me. There's no limit for how deep one can go in terms of stupidity. Open servers are depressing to say the least.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1t3Kn1te View Post

Nobody can kill with any weapon except Grenade Launcher and Flame Thrower though. Only those two applies for killing team mates.

We can kill our own team mates? I had no idea!
    Now this makes me want to play multiplayer.
    *sits like Mr.Burns at Desk ringing hands saying:
    Excellent... Heh-Heh-HeeeeeeeeH

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Nobody can kill with any weapon except Grenade Launcher and Flame Thrower though. Only those two applies for killing team mates.
    This may seem unethical, but I'm tempted to try this. I have been totally uninterested in TR9 multiplayer until now.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    We can kill our own team mates? I had no idea!
    Now this makes me want to play multiplayer.
    *sits like Mr.Burns at Desk ringing hands saying:
    Excellent... Heh-Heh-HeeeeeeeeH
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Jedi View Post
    This may seem unethical, but I'm tempted to try this. I have been totally uninterested in TR9 multiplayer until now.
    please don't...team killers are some of the most annoying people in MP short of all out cheaters. It is bad enough having to watch out for up to 4 enemies at a time without having to watch your back for your own teammates.
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by sierra xb View Post
    please don't...team killers are some of the most annoying people in MP short of all out cheaters. It is bad enough having to watch out for up to 4 enemies at a time without having to watch your back for your own teammates.
    A few things to note here:

Roughly five years ago when I had fun team-killing everything in sight, the team usually made sure I was the first to die via counter-team-killing. When that failed, they asked the opposing team to prioritize shooting me over everyone else.

In addition, it gives an unintended third side to fight against since the typical RED v BLU-type fights gets boring eventually. It is also much more immersive since you aren't just fighting against some random guy on another team; you're fighting against a guy who offed you 10 times in 30 seconds due to being on your team.

However, I only support legitimate team-killing. Using a special program to give yourself an OP gun and godmode is absurd. (never saw that happen in TR9MP though)

well that's the thing...not everyone enjoys team killing or being team killed. What you might think is fun can easily piss off everyone else, and IMO it is just poor sportsmanship anyway. Let people who likes that sort of thing set it up in private matches and not involve anyone else who isn't into that. There is a reason why team killing is part of a negative player review option (on XBL at least).
    signature image

If you really worth a gamer and wants to proud of playing games, kill the enemies and show you got it.

If you really worth a gamer and wants to proud of playing games, kill the enemies and show you got it.
    In my abortive attempt to do some TK, I noticed that prospective trolls need to help kill the enemy for a few hours before they can get anything particularly damaging. So there's that.

By the time a prospective troll is level 60, playing legit will get boring, so there may be more fun to be had by deliberately upping the stakes.

I wish I was getting killed by team-mates. That would mean I actually found a lobby with other people in it. At the moment I just sit at the searching screen.
    Then it gets bored and creates a lobby for me and I sit in that until I get bored of waiting for other people to show up, then I usually dust off my ps3 and play The last of us multiplayer instead.
    It's a shame because aside from the usual idiots that exist in every multiplayer game, I actually like playing this.

^idk why but I always find a match, maybe the problem is your wifi?

In my abortive attempt to do some TK, I noticed that prospective trolls need to help kill the enemy for a few hours before they can get anything particularly damaging. So there's that.

By the time a prospective troll is level 60, playing legit will get boring, so there may be more fun to be had by deliberately upping the stakes.
    so let me see if i understand this...killing enemies who are actively trying to kill you is boring, but killing unsuspecting teammates is "upping the stakes"? Which one requires more skill? Which one is more in line with the spirit and rules of the game? Which one is more likely to get everyone mad at you? Which one is more likely to get you negative player reviews? Unless you just simply do not care, those are some questions that you might want to think about before attempting any more TK.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by SpringAwaken View Post
    ^idk why but I always find a match, maybe the problem is your wifi?
    Problem discovered. It was the DLC maps. By turning them off there is no longer a problem. Weird.

Are you on PC? If so then do this challenge: Go find and kill Mewget if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by ItFactorScott View Post
    Problem discovered. It was the DLC maps. By turning them off there is no longer a problem. Weird.
    Not weird. I found that often. Not everyone has all DLC like me.

I got killed by team mates a few times when I was playing as Zachary Levi.

Maybe some people think Chuck looks like a scavenger
    signature image

People are always gonna look for ways to be a jackass in multiplayer, but a few simple restrictions should give them as little room as possible:

- friendly fire should have no effect at all: not with guns nor with explosives
    - names of enemies should not be visible until you kill them - this avoids 'feuds'
    - a petition that allows players to kick the jackass player out of the game if the petition receives enough votes.

Are you on PC? If so then do this challenge: Go find and kill Mewget if you can.

Perhaps there can be an honor system in which the more you tk, the longer it takes to respawn. This is reversed by killing the enemy. A tk'er could get around this by killing everyone equally, but then the tk'er is pulling his own weight anyway in shooting the other team.

No PS3 trophies glitched on me

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    - a petition that allows players to kick the jackass player out of the game if the petition receives enough votes.
    This needs to be done in the sequel. Its already in the games like Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor etc.

This happens to me all the time when I play this game. I hate it.