Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Official - 2013 Leaderboard Reset Incoming

Official - 2013 Leaderboard Reset Incoming

1am pdt came and went, no reset so far.

Thought the reset was going to be at 1 am PDT??? Currently 2 am PDT, no reset.

As I understand this, the Copenhagen office should be during normal work hours, so can we get an official update on this leaderboard reset. So far, it looks like nothing has happened, so I am not sure if it has been delayed (if so, I am going to bed), or if it is in process, or what.

Hello!

We had the 1AM PDT timeslot approved by Microsoft and they are the ones in charge of pressing the big reset button.

I'm working (from Copenhagen) against different timezones to see why you aren't seeing the reset. Updates here as and when I get them...

Thanks for looking into this for us.

damn. the guy who is blocking the leaderboards is already waiting with his 4 xboxes again...

Update: The update was scheduled but as you know, hasn't gone through. I can confirm that MS are aware that it hasn't gone through and are now on the case.

It sucks that some of you were up early in the morning to take advantage of this and ultimately for nothing. Best I can do now is let you know once it goes live.

Thanks for the update Travis.

Do you have any comment on my last post as to any other workaround to help us get the achievement? The comment below that I've quoted kind of sums up some of the members of the community and how they will do anything to stop the masses getting the achievement

Originally Posted by Drizzt
    damn. the guy who is blocking the leaderboards is already waiting with his 4 xboxes again...

There isn't a workaround really, nothing that anyone can do to stop it from happening, if it does in fact happen. I sincerely hope that as many people as possible can pick up the achievements, as many of you have been waiting for many years. K&L was a little outside of my own achievement dedication at the time so I've got a lot of admiration for those of you waiting on full GS.

From my own experience, the achievement community is generally very helpful and will to help others boost etc to get achievements for as many people as need them wherever possible. Perhaps you'd have a good chance of getting them being in a bigger session with a lot of people? Sorry I don't have much better advice for you.

I'm in the largest session and have even taken the day off work (it's my birthday today too) but as time ticks away so does my chances of getting the achievement. Particularly if the reset happens in the Middle of the night or whilst I'm at work tomorrow. And if it does that would give the other guys time to block it up which I am sure they will. So, will this then be the only opportunity to get the achievements?

Originally Posted by Robhill
    I'm in the largest session and have even taken the day off work (it's my birthday today too) but as time ticks away so does my chances of getting the achievement. Particularly if the reset happens in the Middle of the night or whilst I'm at work tomorrow. And if it does that would give the other guys time to block it up which I am sure they will. So, will this then be the only opportunity to get the achievements?
    Happy birthday! Sorry it's not going to plan. Still waiting on an update but the second anything drops, I'll post it in here, even after hours!

A leaderboard reset is the only feasible solution. Hopefully with so many people genuinely going for it, they will be able to pass it around amongst themselves before the top spots can be locked off.

I've just had an unofficial report that the reset has gone through.

Reboot your game and get playing!

Thanks for the birthday wishes and all the effort you have put in. So will a second or third reset never happen?

So far, four people have unlocked "True Elite" on X-Box 360. Those same four people, plus one more, have unlocked "Celebrity".

With the leader board reset being over five hours late, many of us that made plans to go after these and altered our schedule to do so did not even get to attempt it.

I wish there was something else Eidos would do (patch, pay DLC skins pack, etc...) to make attaining these achievements possible...

I agree diesel. As expected it's been an absolute nightmare. And whilst I appreciate what eidos have done. Only 5 or 6 people out of a good 200 have gotten the achievements. I'm sure there must be something else they can do? After all, we are paying customers

More than 5 people have gotten the achievements. A number of people from True Achievements have. I am still working on it with a group - going on 8 hours now. The problem is people are being greedy and not making way for others. It was a great gesture but it shows a darker side of gamers.

Really sucks, I had to go to work today and some of my friends are still playing from 16hrs later.

Any chance there could be a second reset? I've waited around since the reset patiently to get my turn and still nothing. Please can eidos look to do something else. We've all been so patient and put so much time into it

It's extremely, extremely unlikely that there will be another reset. As I've said before, for IOI to manage the leaderboards, we'd need to have a title update, which doesn't make business sense for us to invest in.

If any other alternatives do pop up, I'll be the first to jump on them and make it happen but from what we can see, there's not a lot else we can do.

well. we are playing 24/7 and the list is still very long (100+). and the blockers are nearly back at top.

thank you. just got it. our group is playing 24/7 since reset...

This whole thing went south straight from the start. Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate that Eidos is willing to put any amount of effort into a 6-year-old game, but Microsoft screwed it all up.

MS was over 5 hours late on the reset, screwing over all the people that were up and ready to play the game legitimately for an honest attempt at #1. By the time the reset actually went through, most of us had gone to bed or had to tend to real-life matters, and a brigade of gamers moved in to completely overtake the leaderboards. This brigade, led by an Xbox Ambassador of all people, all took turns throwing games to each other, used fake accounts, and actively went into other lobbies to prevent them from starting.

http://www.trueachievements.com/foru...46574#m3946574

So far, the only people outside of this brigade that have been able to get to #1 resorted to bridging connections, which is in direct violation of Microsoft's Terms of Service. Microsoft has proven that their system is too ineffective to allow for honest players to play legitimate games to try to get #1, and for that I think they owe you (Eidos) more than just one leaderboard reset. This should become a monthly thing (that occurs on time) or Kane and Lynch player skins should be made available for download.

Again, I am not holding Eidos to blame here. I'm very happy to see that this amount of effort is being put into a game old enough that most companies would have given up on it entirely. I just think Microsoft owes its developers and gamers a bit more service than what they've given here.

@ Travis@IO

Thanks for all the updates and work you have done.

The achievements are already almost impossible to get do to people blocking the leader board again. While I know it cost money to do a title update it would be a good PR move.

Originally Posted by tynstar
    @ Travis@IO

Thanks for all the updates and work you have done.

The achievements are already almost impossible to get do to people blocking the leader board again. While I know it cost money to do a title update it would be a good PR move.
    Is making a kickstarter or paid DLC for the skins out of the question? I know I'd be willing to spend a few bucks on these achievements, and there are probably hundreds if not thousands of others that feel the same way.

I've brought up the paid DLC a couple of times and it has not been commented on by Travis. At this point, I'd pay a minimum of $20 to get these two achievements.

I like the idea of a kickstarter though. If Eidos would tell us how much a patch or title update would cost them, I think they would be surprised how quickly that money would show up.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last