Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: FINAL FANTASY Series: Where I got started!

FINAL FANTASY Series: Where I got started!

Hey everyone! We're coming really close to the Experience FINAL FANTASY event and one of our best opportunities to celebrate 25 years of this great series!

I'd like to ask you all about your history with FINAL FANTASY and perhaps which FINAL FANTASY game you started with first! Keep in mind this doesn't have to be a numbered FINAL FANTASY, which title from the full series got you into these games?

The first FF I'd ever played was 3. It was also the first time I'd ever become completely captivated by a game.

My first FF game almost 12 years ago was Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1. On a whim, I borrowed it from my cousin, and I completely adored it. The gameplay of an SRPG was really interesting to me, and in hindsight, all the FF flare was really well done, distingushing it quite well from other SRPGs.

The story was just incredible to boot, really invoking a lot of feelings in me about the different characters and their respective outcomes and journeys. Probably one of the few games I played that didn't have a classic "happily ever after", which in of itself I found very refreshing even now.

The graphics for a PS1 game were quite stellar, the music was just perfect, matching the atmosphere of the game completely, and the art was just really great.

Over-all, FFT was my first FF game, first SquareSoft/Enix game, first RPG, first JRPG, and SRPG.

I still take a great amount of humour in the fact the one game from FF series I started with and subsequentely sucked me into this amazing franchise is the game that had the least in common with the other games, lol.

I first played FFVI for the SNES in the mid-90s, after really enjoying Super Mario RPG. That led me to exploring the rest of the series, as well as the many games that came out later. Since then, it's been my favorite franchise.

I got sucked in a littlke differently, I found a FFVIII disc booklet lying around and read it, had never played an rpg so the sheer amount of stuff I saw you could do within the booklet amazed me, and I honestly could not believe one was able to do all that, so began my search, and the first game one I played was IV, never finished it then, then I found the critically aclaimed VII, and I was a goner, next was IX, then X, somehow I had never found single copy of VIII, the game that had first grabbed my attention, then finally, Six years after I saw that booklet, I found the game and played it to my hearts content. Since then, I have played nearly every S/SE game I could find, and loved every moment, all thanks to that booklet I found 13 years ago.

The first FF game I played was VII just a couple years after it first came out. My cousins were stuck and couldn't beat the black weapon and were furious with me when I picked up the controller and did it for them. Not long after that I begged my parents for a PlayStation and they got it and FFVII for me, I think I had about six save files haha. Ever since then it had become my favorite of the entire series and a game to this day I still love.

The music was gorgeous, the story was beautiful and the characters just rocked, to this day I still hail Sephiroth as my video game god.

The first Final Fantasy I played was FF8. It is my favourite final fantasy, and I have quite a few good memories of it. I can spend all day listening to its beautiful soundtrack.

And don't forget about Triple Triad. My favourite minigame in the series. I wish SE released an online version, or on mobile phones or something. Playing TT in real time against other FF8 fans and collecting all the cards would be so much fun.

Technically, I first played the original Final Fantasy when I was a wee lad. I can only recall making it to Garland, however. My first full-on playthrough was with Final Fantasy VII. I adored it dearly and actually didn't even remember playing the first one until a much later date. After I borrowed Final Fantasy VII, I got my own copy and began getting Final Fantasy games for Christmas, including VIII, IX, and Anthology.

Originally Posted by imported_Stephen

The first FF I'd ever played was 3. It was also the first time I'd ever become completely captivated by a game.

I'm curious if by 3 you mean the US version, which would be Final Fantasy VI.

My first Final Fantasy game that I played was FF 10. I decided to give that a try after playing Dragon Quests 3 and 7. Since then, I've played all the single-player numbered FF games.

I played VII as a kid but my first complete playthrough was FFX. Afterwards I went back and completed VII.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

The first Final Fantasy I played was the first video game I bought for my original NES. IT was the first release of the first Final Fantasy in North America. After that I bought each and every system that had a Final Fantasy title coming out on it until , of course, they started coming out on multiple systems.

My first was FF II for famicom (import), i have admitedly did not play it too much... FF VI (in US FF III) got me hooked and is still my most fav FF.

My first experience was Final Fantasy VI (U.S. FFIII) for SNES back in 1995. Being exposed at such a young age to the series has made me a lifetime supporter of the franchise.

my first game was ff12. i went into some gameshop in a mall looking for another copy of Legend of Dragoon for ps1(another epic rpg). and was looking around and found just laying there in a bin for a dollar and was like what the hell i took it home and played for like three days straight. ever since then i have been playing since then.

My first game was FFVIII. I was looking for another rpg game but the cover and title sparked my interest. After I finished that game I went and bought the rest of the series and started playing from FFI to the current game at that time which was FFX (*´∀?*)

Started with IX. Never got the references till went back and played most of the originals cept IV. Now kinda wished I played the ones prior to IX first for the callbacks T^T

Hi how is everyone

Hello all!

Mine has been FF XII.

I was on a music forum and people were talking about something named "Final Fantasy"; I knew it was a video game because I have played Kingdom Hearts II before (and enjoyed it), of a strange unknown type called RPG. I knew some names like Aerith, Squall, and there were many fanboys of VII and VIII urging me to begin with these; but a wise person advised me to begin with the most recent one, which was XII at this time.

I played 1 hour and found that boring (I hate happy scenes). After several weeks (and the speech scene), I gave it a second chance and it is currently the best game I have ever played, motivating me for both a career in the video game industry and in literature due to its incredibly fluent battle system and amazing but under-exploited story which made me write more about it. Still living in Ivalice after 5 years.

Afterwards, I played Dissidia: Final Fantasy as well as Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy and discovered all the other characters, and loved most of them. I am finishing I and next are II and X. I also have begun Tactics since I loved the world of Ivalice.

And, funny fact, I played/watched all of the FF VII compilation except... the main title FF VII! Can I call myself a fan of VII anyway? [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif[/img]

If I could afford a 3DS, I would definitely try Theathrythm (among other SE titles). And, like many others, I keep an eye on Versus XIII and want to express my bitterness not to see a Western version of the apparently-brilliant Type-0, since I have and love the PSP platform.

That was my story with Final Fantasy!

My first game was FF 9, second FF 7, third FF 8. After that i played all the games except for Final Fantasy 5 and 6.

Final Fantasy 7, and i stayed totally addicted to it... later i searched all the FF and i played all

FF1 on the NES back in 1990. I've been a big FF fan ever since. Ya really had to grind in that one. Very unlike the games these days. Square-Enix pushes us through, and we're like, "Wait! Wait!. What's that over there! I wanna check that out!" THEM: "Nope! Nothing to see here! Keep moving!" lol The '90's had the best rpgs.

Hello! This is my first post here. As someone who is of the opinion that obligatory introduction forums are silly, I'm pleased to find that this site doesn't (appear to?) have one.

My first Final Fantasy game was the DS remake of Final Fantasy III. I remember reading about it in an issue of Nintendo power and thinking to myself, "Y'know, that looks pretty cool," and I wound up buying it, and I gotta say, it's pretty fun. It was long enough ago (I got it around when it first came out) that I actually have a few nostalgic memories of it, but not as much as, say, Pokemon or the Paper Mario games. It led me to buy FFIV DS, FFI&II: Dawn of Souls and FFV Advance. Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is probably the newest Final Fantasy I've played, (not counting X since I was just barely past the beginning in that game) but it may not count since it's not a numbered game. I have also played the original Crystal Chronicles as well as Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time.

So far, I, III and V are my favorites, although II and IV are good, too. Despite it being considered something like the Ocarina of Time of the Final Fantasy series, I've never played VII. I kind of want to (because it's so acclaimed) and kind of don't (because of hype backlash,) but odds are I will at some point. I really want to play 4 Warriors of Light, as well.

Originally Posted by Starlight36

Hello! This is my first post here. As someone who is of the opinion that obligatory introduction forums are silly, I'm pleased to find that this site doesn't (appear to?) have one.

My first Final Fantasy game was the DS remake of Final Fantasy III. I remember reading about it in an issue of Nintendo power and thinking to myself, "Y'know, that looks pretty cool," and I wound up buying it, and I gotta say, it's pretty fun. It was long enough ago (I got it around when it first came out) that I actually have a few nostalgic memories of it, but not as much as, say, Pokemon or the Paper Mario games. It led me to buy FFIV DS, FFI&II: Dawn of Souls and FFV Advance. Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is probably the newest Final Fantasy I've played, (not counting X since I was just barely past the beginning in that game) but it may not count since it's not a numbered game. I have also played the original Crystal Chronicles as well as Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time.

So far, I, III and V are my favorites, although II and IV are good, too. Despite it being considered something like the Ocarina of Time of the Final Fantasy series, I've never played VII. I kind of want to (because it's so acclaimed) and kind of don't (because of hype backlash,) but odds are I will at some point. I really want to play 4 Warriors of Light, as well.

I hated the III remake. I rather still play the translated ROM.
    I bought it and regretted it.

The original look had more heart.
    My first was the first, man years, my Grand Mother had that but prefered Legend of Zelda, one of Best Friends had it too. Eventually I did,
    back after Dragon Warrior I/Nintendo Power deal. Final Fantasy came with a similar booklet, now look at things.
    Even the on machine manual is nothing.
    Games have less heart and more rendering, man I would love to have the FF4 original game engine or Wyziwig builder to work around my own story and maps.
    Just so I can do what they won't market and I officially submit.

My first was FFX. Then went back and played FFVII, FFIX, and just kept exploring the series from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last