Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next-Gen Sequel to Tomb Raider Confirmed!

Next-Gen Sequel to Tomb Raider Confirmed!

Good morning all! Some great news from Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Studios, below.*

“Hi - you may have read today that a next-generation sequel to Tomb Raider is in the works. We’re very excited to confirm that the team has started working on telling the next chapter in Lara’s tale. It’s still early days, so I’m afraid I can’t provide any further details for now save my assurance that we’re not resting on our laurels and acclaim from Tomb Raider’s recent successes, but working hard to raise the bar even higher and re-affirm the faith you’ve shown.”
    The sequel was mentioned on a blog from Phil Rogers today. To read the complete blog, which has some great insight into Square Enix’s future plans, click here.

TR.com | Forums | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | G+

Thumbs Up

Knew it! Today was a good day. Huzzah! Hurrah! Huzzah! Hurrah!

Next-gen... The first one was already looking like next-gen.
    Anyway, best news since the announcement of Assassin's Creed II.

YAY! Also, feel free to ask questions, knowing I won't be able to answer any of them.

Good news. I only hope the sequel its from CD. I dont want to see any other making it.

I CAN'T I'M GONNA PEE

maybe have a seizure

OH have a seizure while peeing

wat

I can't

My body is ready CD it is.

wait, next gen means PS4?

oh... imma buy it thennn!!!!!!!

EDIT: Hold ma boobs, WE NEED TO KNOW THE TITLE OR SOMETHING, I DEMAND IT.

shut up and take my money !!! PS4 baby !!! whoo next gen tomb raider OMGGGGGG

Great way to celebrate the next generation of consoles and it's going to be great seeing Tomb Raider stand strong in the coming generation as well!

(click image to enlarge)

This comes as no surprise to be honest! But it's always great to have official confirmation!!!
    signature image

Amazing news!

Can't wait to know more

Even though I had several gripes with the original game, I'm honestly happy it's being made and want to remain optimistic about this sequel to TR's reboot, but... Please, please, PLEASE:

- improve the writing and storytelling. I found these aspects seriously lacking and working to the detriment of the entire game. I've described the issues I had in this thread - I apologise for the choice of language, I did not intend to offend anyone, I was simply SO disappointed.
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=137779

- less shooting, less human enemies, less genocide overall - this is NOT what the series was ever about

- emphasis on puzzle solving, exploration and skill-based platforming

- larger, more complicated "tombs" - the tiny caves with a simple puzzle we had in TR were - let's be honest here - rather offensive to TR's fanbase.

TR had lots of potential, but in my opinion it didn't reach the level of quality we had the right to expect from an entry in this franchise. With that said, I want to believe Crystal are committed to improving upon the foundation they have created.

"If you don't know who I am, maybe the best course of action is to tread lightly..."W.W

Here comes the struggle
    And e3 2014 Hopefully it doesn't come out before 2015 and its somewhere in August of next year or earlier
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Extra T View Post
    Here comes the struggle
    And e3 2014 Hopefully it doesn't come out before 2015 and its somewhere in August of next year or earlier
    I kinda hope for May/June 2015

Now that I think of it... they've been very fast with the announcement
    I thought they would have announced it in December/January.

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    I kinda hope for May/June 2015

Now that I think of it... they've been very fast with the announcement
    I thought they would have announced it in December/January.
    That is true but now I'm wondering when will we get an announcement trailer or something or maybe some D: concept art oh my gosh the excitement
    signature image

Hell to the yeah.
    "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

signature image

Big Grin

...like we needed confirmation, though

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Holy yeah.

But not before 2015 I guess.

I don't know why but I think it's coming out somewhere between August and December 2014.

I also think CrystalD would never release an unfinished game and even if the sequel comes out 2014, I guess they will have had enough time for the development. Maybe they startet already a year ago (thinking, planning, ...) when the first game wasn't even released?

2-3 years of development would be fine I think.

Oh my, my money is ready to pre-order the game from now. Please, please make it even better than this fantastic reboot with some improve quality from story lengths, puzzles with trap include in the optinal tombs, continuing doing the Hollywood styles and about shooting: make it more entertaining even this reboot done so well. And if you gonna do MP for the next TR, please make it funny to play toooooo. I really can't wait!!!!

YES!!!

ONE THING how to improve the Multiplayer... delete it.

It's coming out late 2018 to early 2019 for sure.

Ah, speculation heaven, heh.

To put your minds to ease - my sources have confirmed that TR10 is coming out some time between tomorrow and the sun going nova.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast