Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Next-Gen Sequel to Tomb Raider Confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by VaBanes View Post
    Sure, but the last comic was released in January and the game came out just a few months later. And if you publish a comic whose story "leads directly into the sequel" I don't think they will let you wait a year or more until the next game.
    Heh, I wouldn't assume what happened before is automatically a template for how things will happen in the future

And regarding "waiting a year or more" - as Marta said, there will be multiple comics.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBanes View Post
    I don't want to wait that long!!!

If they would publish new pictures, concept art and other information regularly (every day) I think I could wait a year or even longer but just an announcement and nothing else... that's horrible. I know it's just a few days since they announced it but I'm already so excited...^^
    Of course it's not going to be just the announcement, then nothing for more than a year except a few comic books and then the release of the game.

Just with (almost) every AAA game, we'll see a big media campaign. You can't make a profit from just a few comics, lol.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by XylophoneDealers View Post
    EDIT: Hold on, if I remember correctly, the developers stated somewhere that Tomb Raider 2013 took place exactly when it was released. As in, the game took place March 5th. However, the comic leads from a few weeks after the events of the game and it will lead directly into the sequel. Do you think that they will keep the current time or is it going to be out of time?
    And we knew since 2011 what's going to happen on March 5, 2013 in Yamatai.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    And we knew since 2011 what's going to happen on March 5, 2013 in Yamatai.
    Lul yeah XD
    signature image

I I can't wait any longer... but I still survive because I am a suvival... =(V)
    Can't wait for the comic, too. Hope it will not too expensive (maybe 40$ is ok)...

I was sort of dreading this, because now I have to get a PS4. There's nothing wrong with my fat PS2, or my PS3 and now I have to continue with buying another system I don't have room for. I'm very happy for the sequel just irritated I have to get a PS4. I realize most new games now will be next generation but I was hoping it would be a bit before that happened.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    I was sort of dreading this, because now I have to get a PS4. There's nothing wrong with my fat PS2, or my PS3 and now I have to continue with buying another system I don't have room for. I'm very happy for the sequel just irritated I have to get a PS4. I realize most new games now will be next generation but I was hoping it would be a bit before that happened.
    Yeah once the new consoles are here there probably won't be too many games that are cross-generation other than the yearly EA Sports games. From a development standpoint though it just makes sense as the coding for the PC, PS 4 and Xbox One will be virtually the same since they're all based on the same architecture.

Buisness as usual for the PC gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Jedi View Post
    Buisness as usual for the PC gamers.
    yep. it only takes one space away . even when the upgrading can be a pain but it still only takes away the same space as before.
    signature image

That's why I stick to good old PC.

I guess it's always the same when it comes to releasing a new generation consoles - there is always a way to make the gamers buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    That's why I stick to good old PC.

I guess it's always the same when it comes to releasing a new generation consoles - there is always a way to make the gamers buy them.
    You still have to upgrade your hardware at some point though, you're just not having to buy a totally new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    You still have to upgrade your hardware at some point though, you're just not having to buy a totally new system.
    Exactly, but I have to spend less money on a piece of hardware than on a whole new console. Besides, PC is not just for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Exactly, but I have to spend less money on a piece of hardware than on a whole new console. Besides, PC is not just for gaming.
    Meh I like that I know my console is going to last for 7-10 years and not have to worry about upgrading until it is time to buy a new system.

You also pay a separate subscription fee for 7-10 years. If you like online play that is. It wouldn't surprise me if my PC gaming is overall cheaper with Steam sales and no subscription than many people on consoles.

plz don't rush and don't make any compromises both gameplay-wise and story-wise. While I loved TR9 for its fun gameplay, it lacked character development, and had inconsistent storytelling and presentation.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
    You also pay a separate subscription fee for 7-10 years. If you like online play that is. It wouldn't surprise me if my PC gaming is overall cheaper with Steam sales and no subscription than many people on consoles.

Yup, I haven't thought of that. PC gamers play online for free and that's actually the part I like the most because my childhood wouldn't be complete without multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
    Other than buying the actual game, PC gaming is *much* cheaper unless you happen to like MMORPGs.

In fact, during the summer sale, I managed to get the normally $50 Tomb Raider game for just 10 dollars. Also, when I bought my video card a few months ago because my old one broke, they gave me Metro: Last Light for free.

And that's not even getting into modding potential. As long as you have a Source game on Steam (like the free TF2), you can get Black Mesa - a free PC exclusive - of which is essentially its own game. And then there's a number of freeware games on Steam (such as Cry of Fear and TF2). And then there's all the games with big mods not on Steam - Nameless Mod for Deus Ex, Day Z for Arma 2, and the hundreds of mods for Minecraft - of which are all free assuming you have the base game.

So yeah, PC gaming is *much* cheaper in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Jedi View Post
    Other than buying the actual game, PC gaming is *much* cheaper unless you happen to like MMORPGs.

In fact, during the summer sale, I managed to get the normally $50 Tomb Raider game for just 10 dollars. Also, when I bought my video card a few months ago because my old one broke, they gave me Metro: Last Light for free.

And that's not even getting into modding potential. As long as you have a Source game on Steam (like the free TF2), you can get Black Mesa - a free PC exclusive - of which is essentially its own game. And then there's a number of freeware games on Steam (such as Cry of Fear and TF2). And then there's all the games with big mods not on Steam - Nameless Mod for Deus Ex, Day Z for Arma 2, and the hundreds of mods for Minecraft - of which are all free assuming you have the base game.

So yeah, PC gaming is *much* cheaper in the long run.
    yep, thanks to gabe, we get games so much cheaper on steam. plus, they make the old games compatible for todays systems, like the original doom games.

upgrading is a hassle at times but if you buy the right stuff, it will last for many years. and new HW doesnt take away space. you build it in and thats it. dont have to worry where to put it and if you can connect it still on the tv.
    signature image

I know the feeling. I had my PS2 & my PC, then bought an XBOX 360 used specifically for TR9, and now will be buying a PS4 or XBOX One for TR10 -- which one depends on the exclusives. (For example, I love the TR9 XBOX360 controller.) Eventually I'll have a rack of consoles just to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    Give us co-op missions
    No no no why is everyone obsessed with co-op these days? Yes in some games it is good fun and adds to the story, but Tomb Raider has always been about Lara travelling to and discovering forgotten places ALONE!!!
    I now even quote from the original games manual "...she (Lara) realised that she was only truly alive when she was travelling alone."
    Please Crystal Dynamics, keep the campaign single player, don't change the formula you have that much, and don't muscle in a potentially hate-able sidekick where one isn't need.

That being said, I do think co-op could have a place in improving the multiplayer, should that return, or having unlockable 'Meanwhile, at the same time' segments where two of the supportable cast have a story after completion of the main game , or even DLC that could play the same as Guardian of Light running off the new games engine.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate co-op games, but with Tomb Raider I strongly feel that Lara's story should remain focused solely on Lara.

A potentially separate co-op campaign can wok and it won't interfere with the SP campaign either. By co-op most people think shoehorning a sidekick into the existing SP campaign, and I don't want that either. But a separate co-op campaign can work.

Some other news would have been disappointing^^. I'm curious what the new scenario will be about. The young Lara story is over.

Quote Originally Posted by TaLLa View Post
    The young Lara story is over.
    The next game will continue (probably some weeks/months) after the Reboot, since the story of the comic will take place a few weeks after Yamatai and will lead directly into the sequel.
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

So, Meagan said we can ask questions, and I know this is early, but do you guys have any ideas you're starting out with the sequel or is this just a confirmation that you're gonna make a new game but didn't start yet?
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    So, Meagan said we can ask questions, and I know this is early, but do you guys have any ideas you're starting out with the sequel or is this just a confirmation that you're gonna make a new game but didn't start yet?
    They said they are already working on it, thought it is in early stages

Quote: "So, Meagan said we can ask questions..."

She also said that she won't be able to answer any of them.
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast