Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Forum Comp #14 - Design an outfit for Lara

(click image to enlarge)

Adventure Lara: Now that Reborn!Lara got a taste of adventure, I wanted to make this outfit practical with her jacket sleeves able to zip off so to aid her in wounds she needs to cover up. The jacket zips up to have a collar around her neck and with a removable hoodie so she’s prepared for any kind of weather. Added a side pouch for needed necessaries and belts to make sure they never leave her side. High knee boots to make climbing a breeze as well.

pfft this is the best comp ever. much fun was had

Entry 1

(click image to enlarge)

The Larson circa '96 pays tribute to the original cowboy wannabe Larson Conway. Doesn't matter is it's racing to a relic or simply donning an outfit -- Lara does it better. Jeans, boots, henley and tactical vest updates and revitalizes the classic look and make this ensemble perfect for when Lara finds herself out in the field whether it be an urban or rustic setting.

Entry 2

(click image to enlarge)

After her grueling misadventures on Yamatai, Lara decided she was long overdue for a vacation. When she isn't sightseeing or catching a show at the Sydney Opera House she's out trying the catch a big wave at the beach. Sporty rash guard surf shirt and comfortable board shorts make a day in the sun comfortable and practical. Lara never would have guessed it at the time, but the sunglasses she picked up from a random beachside kiosk would later become one of her most treasured possessions.

Entry 3

(click image to enlarge)

When Lara's not out raiding tombs she's most likely taking a break and staying home reading tomes. Sisters of Artemis Yoga pants and a simple tank top in Lara's favorite blue make this outfit ideal for lounging around the Croft library. Fuzzy, plush T-rex slippers complete the look.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by lionessrampant View Post

(click image to enlarge)

For my first entry I decided to reinvent the classic ensemble and translate it into a modern, casual outfit that I could see Lara wearing on campus or just going out for the day. I used the iconic colour palette, and kept the lines and silhouette simple, as I don't see TR9 Lara as being particularly elaborate with her clothing. For accessories, I represented Lara's love of global culture with Egyptian earrings and African bangles, while the sunglasses are a nod to one of my favourite Lara looks.
    ooohhhhhhhhhhhh so lovely!!! that thermos bottle is so great. I want it for myself
    http://hiropon056.deviantart.com/ Do it like a Dudette! signature image

I'm totally fangirling over the creativity in these!

After Hours

My 3rd entry:

(click image to enlarge)

Survivor of the Night

It's a simple, but stylish composition for a little party with friends. Khaki pants, with cool black leather jacket, and under that a brown t-shirt. The calf-tight boots were in the comic books, but I've always thought they would be more suitable for casual wearing, than for the adventures. Her arms are decorated with Indian style henna tattoos. From her buckle a familiar skull grins at us, like it knew what its wearer capable of. We wouldn't think that she can turn into murderous killer in an instance, right? Pew-pew!

Good luck everyone!

^I really like that, michele. I love how understated it is and the boots are almost adventure style, like Lara is reluctant to change her style too much .

Thank you, Rai! I'm glad you like it. ^^

Good luck to everyone These look amazing! I won't be able to enter sadly. Some of these are really creative!!
    signature image

The deadline ends tomorrow right?

Yaas.

:S I'll try to cobble something up.

(click image to enlarge)
    Outfit #1 after hours
    For this outfit, I wanted to make a casual travel outfit for her. She travels all around the world and wants to keep it simple and only takes her duffel bag.

(click image to enlarge)
    Outfit #2 adventure
    When creating this outfit, I was thinking of something like a motorcycle chase scene through the desert. And, of course, what is an adventurer without their trusty weapons.

I've never EVER thought of Lara in a casual shirt like that second one, but I like it soo much!

hiropon056 Thanks! You can actually buy the thermos here but shipping is quite expensive if you're outside the US (which sucks, because I really love it too!)

Michele Oh I love it. Definitely suits Lara.

shipppwrecked Great entries! The colours in the second one look wonderful on Lara.

I might try and get another entry in before the deadline tonight.

I am having way too much fun with this.....

(click image to enlarge)
    Outfit #3 after hours
    I really couldn't think of anything clever so for my third entry I just made Lara a boxer.

After Hours: The Huntress

(click image to enlarge)

My second outfit is more suitable for a night-time setting, with a slightly harder edge to symbolize Lara’s character development after her experience on Yamatai. The clothes are classic and monochromatic, and Lara’s newfound hunting skills are represented in the animal-themed accessories, while her iconic green pendant inspired me to add a pop of that same colour with the bracelet.

This has been fun!

Quote Originally Posted by shipppwrecked View Post

(click image to enlarge)
    Outfit #3 after hours
    I really couldn't think of anything clever so for my third entry I just made Lara a boxer.
    She certainly knocks me out
    signature image

Here are my humble entries:

(click image to enlarge)
    #1 Lara in a sari. I guess it counts as after hours? She was invited to a dinner at the house on an important Indian dignitary and decided to wear this. (Please excuse the cheesy background. )

(click image to enlarge)
    #2 Adventurer outfit. The way I picture Lara in the next game. Looking badass but at the same time practical. With her trusty bow and climbing axe, she is ready to go on another adventure.

(click image to enlarge)
    #3 One last adventure. Basically an elderly version of her favourite adventurer outfit. She no longer possesses the patience or skillz to use the bow. So now she just uses a shotgun to blow her problems away. She decides to go on one last relic hunt before retiring on a desolate island. It reminds her a lot of her begining days. There she sees a whimpering little boy cowering from circling wolves. She kills off the wolves and rescues the boy. She asks "what's your name kid?" The boy replies: "Nathan."

^Love those. The Sari is pretty and the adventure outfit is just great. It's kinda scary seeing Lara with grey hair though. But it goes with her eyes!

*sniff* no one likes my creations

And we're closed for entries!

Thanks, everyone

Judging will commence soon.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

oh dang no due to my move the last week I totally forgot to make a third entry :O

oh my luck haha

anyway. good luck to everyone!!
    http://hiropon056.deviantart.com/ Do it like a Dudette! signature image

Quote Originally Posted by pirate1802 View Post
    Here are my humble entries:

(click image to enlarge)
    #1 Lara in a sari. I guess it counts as after hours? She was invited to a dinner at the house on an important Indian dignitary and decided to wear this. (Please excuse the cheesy background. )
    Oh my god! That looks fantastic. Congrats on making this Saree outfit. If I were the judge, I would make this entry the winner.

When will the winners be announced?

The judging is still in progress. Hopefully next week we should know the winners

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast