Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Forum Comp #14 - Design an outfit for Lara

^i made the pose in xnalara and render in 3dmax

Second Entry:
    After hours

(click image to enlarge)
    I wanted to see lara in hipster aesthetics, I think she is cute, but does not like to follow the current fashions
    Hope you like!
    signature image

Entry 3: Adventure Wear
    Sola Wetsuit - mark II

(click image to enlarge)

Here's something old and something new at the same time. We've seen modern renders of this classic outfit before, recreated with higher detail & realism. But I wanted to do more than just upres an old outfit, I wanted to bring it back with my own original redesign.

Taking the familiar pattern I looked at how to streamline it with sleeker lines & contours, and a more unified way to combine the color palette in the design. Say hello to Sola mark II (or Sola 2.0 if you prefer) An updated modernization of an old favorite. As an Adventure Wear entry where we'd expect the guns & equipment gear to accompany this, but I really wanted to show it without the encumbrances, to offer a clear picture of the new pattern and design.

In spoiler is the original version for comparison

signature image

Entry Two: After Hours

Wine and Dine in Silk and Wine

(click image to enlarge)

Glamorous enough for a night watching 'O sole mio' at the opera, yet versatile enough that with just the removal of the gloves, shawl and diamonds, Lara can easily enter any ice cream parlour afterwards when she inevitably gets a craving for a Cornetto without getting any disapproving looks, but many looks of adoration instead. The wine red colour of the garment is mature enough to mingle and hobnob with many of high society's dinner party circuit, yet not the typical black dress every woman has in her wardrobe. The silk waistline says "evening gentlemen", while the aerodynamically engineered shoes make sure she is first in line for the ladies' when the curtains fall for the interval.

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post

I'll volunteer
    Oh yay! Thank you, that's so kind of you .

I'm really digging your swimsuit design too

Entry Three: Adventure clothing

Hostel Takeover

(click image to enlarge)

How does any young woman such as Lara explore the world after university? By backpacking, of course. No modern tomb raider or tome reader would be without this affair when overseas. The thin polycotton shirt allows the wearer to remain cool when hot, but dries quickly when wet, and the lack of sleeves mean a lack of unsightly pit stains. In addition, the zip off cargo trousers allow her to choose between summer shorts and brisk weather trousers. Her cap keeps the sun out of her eyes, and her ponytail anchors it to her head, while her modern backpack allows for such features such as a pocket to store her smart phone, and a straw so she can drink directly from the water bottle that is in her bag. Plus all clothes have her name on so she doesn't lose them in the hostel laundry room.

Some really awesome entries guys!

I made this one on Polyvore since I'm no good at drawing. :P

Now I want this outfit!!

(click image to enlarge)

Wicked shorts.

woohoo, great to see you joining in on the action Meagan!

btw, see anything here that might pique your cosplay fancy?
    signature image

Hey! this is my 3rd last entry:
    Adventure clothing

(click image to enlarge)
    was enormously influenced by classic comic outfit, its one of the most beautifull outfits of old lara, and new lara rememberme the old lara, she is as strong as the old lara and this is the reason of put lara in this outfit, hope you like! :P
    signature image

Entry 2:

(click image to enlarge)

"After the grueling events of last year, I decided preparation was vital for my next adventure, and that includes my clothes. I have chosen a simple yet practical outfit. A coat and gloves, just in case. I never want to be caught in unexpected rain or snow conditions again. I have a utility bag to carry those all important supplies; one that is small and hardy.
    You’ll notice my gear has not changed drastically since my last adventure. I believe in simple lines, comfort and practicality over fashion trends. And the sunglasses? Well...just because ." - Lara Croft.

Entry 1:

Adventure Clothing:

(click image to enlarge)

Denim Raider: Sometimes a Tomb Raider just needs a change. Who needs khaki’s when you can wear a pair of jeans? Lara can conveniently remove her raiding gear which allows the outfit to look more civilian like, which will permit her to move about the bustling market places without drawing too much attention. The simple black tank top is made of a breathable fabric which can prove useful in hot weather. Her gear remains the same, shotgun, bow, pistol, and climbing ax. And of course she must have her first treasure she ever found constantly around her neck, to remind her why she wants to be like her father, a Tomb Raider.
    signature image

Entry #1

After Hours

~In the style of Alice~

(click image to enlarge)

Based on stunning red dress worn by Milla Jovovich in the 2002 film, Resident Evil. Lara decided to take a trip back to Ghana in the aforementioned red dress to flaunt her natural beauty to the rotting corpses left behind all those years ago.
    signature image

Entry #2

After Hours

~Denim Delight~

(click image to enlarge)

This outfit was built from the top down, featuring two layers of denim, a pink t-shirt and some black leggings mixed with a pair of black heels and topped with a floral hair accessory. The perfect outfit for a night out partying.
    signature image

Hey guys
    Awesome entries so far! I also laid my hands on Lara and see what I can do^^
    (I hope it's alright that I drew it that way)

1# Entry: "After Hours"

(click image to enlarge)

For me this is a fitting casual outfit for Lara. So I chose no intense colors, comfortable pattern, a few aztec inspired accessoires and a big bag so she can carry all the stuff she needs like a bottle of water, her notebook, phone, camera or just everything you pack when you spend a few hours with friends in the city including a squick side-trip to a coffeehouse.

http://hiropon056.deviantart.com/ Do it like a Dudette! signature image

Quote Originally Posted by hiropon056 View Post

That is an impressively outstanding illustration technique and style

Did you use a tablet (most likely Wacom) in Photoshop to draw over the base figure?
    signature image

First Entry

(click image to enlarge)
    "Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional" ~Pein
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    That is an impressively outstanding illustration technique and style

Did you use a tablet (most likely Wacom) in Photoshop to draw over the base figure?
    yup. exactly like that. Wacom+Photoshop :3
    and thank you
    http://hiropon056.deviantart.com/ Do it like a Dudette! signature image

Hey guys
    Awesome entries so far! I also laid my hands on Lara and see what I can do^^
    (I hope it's alright that I drew it that way)

(click image to enlarge)
    Wow, impressive

I would love to see Lara with this outfit in the manor

Hey guys

(click image to enlarge)
    Reminds me of Borderlands. That's a good thing.
    Although it would look better if Lara's face would have that cell-shading look, too. Still awesome. ^^
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

Sometimes I've wondered how Lara would look if she was a Siren? xD

Topless, obviously.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Why? O.o

You were talking about sirens as in the mythical women that draw men into their deaths at sea with their beauty and singing, right?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I guess it's about the sirens in Borderlands. But the thing with those topless mythical women wouldn't be bad at all...
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

Entry #2:

Adventure Clothing:

(click image to enlarge)

Classical Adventurer: Its time to get back to basics! Lara is donning a traditional archaeologist style. In retrospect it is outdated...but was once practical. Perhaps a style that may have been worn by her mother as she accompanied her father on a dig.
    signature image

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast