Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Comp #14 - Design an outfit for Lara

Big Grin

I dare say, this is the most enjoyable creative contest to date for me. So without further ado...

Entry 1: After Hours
    Evening/Party Dress

Bet you saw this coming, pulled right from my fan fiction (chapters 5 and 6). This is how I visualized the dress Lara wears for the nightclub. So it's basically an attire for a girls night out with Sam. It's designed to be sexy of course, but I like to think in a manner that is elegant & stylish in its simplicity. I really wanted to capture a quality of sophistication in the new Lara.

And although she doesn't live in the lap of luxury relying on her heritage, Lara could still connect with associates of her father's, or other high society contacts where she'd need to get leads on an artifact, much like in Legend. So this would be an appropriate ensemble to blend in with such surroundings. But ultimately I'm counting this as After Hours.

(click image to enlarge)

Entry 2: After Hours
    Sisters of Artemis Hoodie

This is an ensemble I picture Lara wearing mainly for comfort around her flat in London, either relaxing after an exhausting journey, or even being cozy while going over her research notes as she prepares for the next expedition. This is also ideal for Lara to wear on morning jogs (among her other exercise regiment) on those cold London days.

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

^That dress is so cute!

I decided I would (for no good reason) stick to the theme of "something old, something new and something borrowed" for my entries, and so I think I have something of each.

Something Old:

(click image to enlarge)

This outfit is a re-vision of the TR2 Bomber Jacket, a slightly different style and of course, PANTS! I thought pants would be more fitting for the cold, leather pants which are warm and hopefully comfortable. She's wearing her usual boots, but with some thick socks tucked over them, inspired by the classic boots. And of course, gloves! I suppose that's a nice, white, long-sleeved sweater under her jacket as well.

Something New:

(click image to enlarge)

Perhaps it's odd that the outfit which is new is actually just a destroyed version of Lara's default outfit, but it's a new step in her visual evolution. The idea behind this entry is that Lara has become a scavenger, Solarii, perhaps even queen of the island itself. Lara's appearance goes through an evolution in the official concept art, from the base we've been given for this competition- a young and inexperienced Lara Croft, a survivor Croft, a Ravaged and Destroyed Tomb Raider and now this new evolution of Ritual Lara. A skin you might wear while playing on the hardest difficulty, or maybe even just on God mode.

Something Borrowed:

(click image to enlarge)

When I was down on inspiration I began to think of other kick-ass women with cool outfits, and I knew I wanted Lara to wear something similar. The first outfit that came to my mind was this outfit, as seen on Beatrix Kiddo while kicking the poop out of Vernita Green. Of course I wasn't sold on the idea right away, I remembered I had seen some early concept outfits for Samantha, and after searching out that concept art I discovered that one of Sam's alternate designs was the spitting image of the Beatrix Kiddo outfit, and so it had to be done. A red tank top, leather jacket and straight-leg jeans finished off with a pair of cowboy boots:this outfit is something casual, but with that being said you never know where adventure might find you, and so, if Lara needs to fight in it she can. I guess I'd call this Casual Leather.

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
    ^That dress is so cute!
    Thanks And how did you get Lara's hair in the Ritual Lara concept?
    signature image

Amazing work, everybody :O Woah!

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Kind of expected but very well executed none the less
    Haha! I know, not very original, but I was just fooling around trying to come up with an outfit and I just had to do the Indy one!!! As it turned out, I really liked how it ended up looking so I thought "Why the hell not?" and decided to post it!

And thanks! Considering I have virtually no skills with photo manipulation, it's really great to know it looks good!

Something Old:

(click image to enlarge)
    LOVE this one!!!

And wow! Awesome job with the hair in the Ritual Lara!!!
    signature image

Thanks And how did you get Lara's hair in the Ritual Lara concept?
    I found a pic of a girl with her hair blowing, and the background was a flat gray (you can still see it in the entry) and so I just cut the hair out and... left is gray pretty much. It was actually easy, I was pretty lazy with it.

Hey! I was wondering about the prizes... is there three winners or four? I noticed it says FOUR but there are only 3 prizes and those 3 prizes add up to 200 soo

I plan to enter though! I'll see what I can do with my schedule xD ALL of these look amazing though Great job!!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Locoman42 View Post
    Hey! I was wondering about the prizes... is there three winners or four? I noticed it says FOUR but there are only 3 prizes and those 3 prizes add up to 200 soo
    Whoops. Fixed. Thanks

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Wow.. That tribal costume is amazing :O

I guess in an alternate universe where Lara isn't able to get off the island she'd look like this. She'd pop Mathias and become the new leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post

Lastly, and my favourite, we have Double Ooh Gurl, for those feeling like doing a little espionage.

(click image to enlarge)
    I love this one

Quote Originally Posted by Underhoe View Post

(click image to enlarge)
    Nice montage, i like it

Quote Originally Posted by ActionHero View Post

(click image to enlarge)

I Love this one

I dare say, this is the most enjoyable creative contest to date for me. So without further ado...

[B][COLOR="Orange"]
    (click image to enlarge)
    Nice

Something Old:

(click image to enlarge)
    Great idea, i love this one
    signature image

God! Finally! I wasn't going to enter as I'm not artistically creative, but then Driber went and added that collage option, which was just so tempting! Entry below.
    ----------

Entry 1

(click image to enlarge)

Lara’s 21st Birthday: Lara wasn't expecting a party. She wasn't even thinking of partying; a quiet drink with Sam and a few others from Uni would have been fine, maybe even a night out to the movies. The Nishimura's had other ideas. On the pretext of inviting Lara to a dinner for media execs held by her parents ("The place will be full of olds and soo boring...please Lara, for me") Samantha managed to persuade Lara to dress up and accompany her to a swanky hotel. Despite her reservations, Lara chose a dress that she felt was both elegant and fun (more of Sam's influences). Lara was pleasantly surprised (and admittedly secretly thrilled) to discover the 'dinner' was actually a party in her honour.

I just had to...
    ...combine my two favorite fictional characters.

EDIT: This isn't the official entry. I updated it.

(click image to enlarge)
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

I love that!

That gives me an idea for an outfit.

#3 Last Entry :

(click image to enlarge)

( PS : I'm not sure if I can post 2 pictures of her, but, if so, the one without the jacket is my official entry.
    signature image

My entries

(click image to enlarge)

Adventure clothing: Fighter - Though I suppose it seems kind of urban, I imagined Lara wearing it in a jungle or a tomb. The outfit features a worn out shirt without any buttons which could add a bit of warmth or protect the shirt underneath. Also, fingerless gloves, just thought I'd add that simple feature.

(click image to enlarge)

After hours: Training gear - I was sort of inspired by a yoga top I saw on the internet that can electronically sense movement. The one that Lara's wearing wouldn't be electronic but I wanted to use the design and style. It's a practical outfit that she could wear while exercising. I thought that if that manor returns, she could wear something like that around the house, on the assault course and so on. Also I liked the contrast on the top.

(click image to enlarge)

After hours: Occasion - I based this outfit off of something I saw Milla Jovovich wear. I think Lara could wear this to a special occasion or a formal party. I don't think it turned out as semi-casual as I had hoped but I just went with it. It's white so if Lara got into a shoot out with her enemies the blood would show up easily. Which I suppose gives Lara a kind of sick pleasure. Pretty disturbing.

D: Rude. Teach me to paint!

I don't know why I couldn't get the idea of that first outfit in my mind, but I love it!

Stop. There is like, this minor shading under the white straps of the second outfit, that is making them seem so 3D to me! D: How even.

I freaking love the hair in that last outfit too And the extra necklaces, is it wrong that I imagine the shirt is loose, very thin and drape-like fabric? Sort of a shirt that slouches?

I can't get over how good she looks with that hair, and the first and second outfit are my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by FearEffect View Post
    #3 Last Entry :
    ptwqlw_lara-Default.png

( PS : I'm not sure if I can post 2 pictures of her, but, if so, the one without the jacket is my official entry.
    I think it's probably okay, just to show off what the shirt under the jacket looks like, as the jacket and the shirt seem like they're part of the outfit.

I like this alot, though for some reason if I were Lara I'd tuck in the shirt, but that's because I tuck my own shirts in and have that urge.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBanes View Post

The detail in this is amazing

#3 Last Entry :

I love the sleek and sexy design, that's also functional

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post

This is just... sublime
    signature image

D: Rude. Teach me to paint!

I don't know why I couldn't get the idea of that first outfit in my mind, but I love it!

Stop. There is like, this minor shading under the white straps of the second outfit, that is making them seem so 3D to me! D: How even.

I freaking love the hair in that last outfit too And the extra necklaces, is it wrong that I imagine the shirt is loose, very thin and drape-like fabric? Sort of a shirt that slouches?

I can't get over how good she looks with that hair, and the first and second outfit are my favorite.

I think it's probably okay, just to show off what the shirt under the jacket looks like, as the jacket and the shirt seem like they're part of the outfit.

I like this alot, though for some reason if I were Lara I'd tuck in the shirt, but that's because I tuck my own shirts in and have that urge.
    This is just... sublime

Thank you hehe
    Yeah the top in the last one was intended to be sort of loose and slouching.

Hi! this is my first entry:
    Adventure clothing

(click image to enlarge)
    in this outfit i'm inspired by classic lara, but whit practical version:
    -a handkerchief, so that in case of fire, Lara can clog the airways and filter the air
    -a shirt, to have pockets have more space to store objects
    signature image

(click image to enlarge)

Something Old:

(click image to enlarge)

#3 Last Entry :

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post

(click image to enlarge)

I love these!

May I make a cheeky request? For when the comp is over (this is important!) Is it possible for a kind hearteed soul to photoshop my entry/entrries onto Lara, please? I'd love to see the items in my collages on Lara, but I don't have the skills. I'd appreciate it loads. I repeat, this is for after the competition ends, my entries are to remain collages. If I don't ask now, I may forget when the time comes. PM me if it's best to keep the thread clean (ish).

Adventure Clothing

Hi there!

My 1st entry:

(click image to enlarge)

Desert Angel

One of her classic outfit style: camouflage trousers, gloves, top – with the ordinary double holsters and the little backpack. I really like that composition. Tough, practical. Hottie, though it’s not showing her body too much. Easy to climb, jump, even swim in it. I’ve kept the climbing axe from the reboot, and the PLS from the LAU trilogy. Both are pretty useful, belongs to the basic equipment. Some pockets connected to the arms, give extra ammo for her. And if the lady isn’t look dangerous enough yet, I fit a knife to her leg.

Entry One: After Hours

Business at the Front, Party Three Decades Back

(click image to enlarge)

Soon will come a time when Lara needs to pay off her student debts, pay for her overseas adventures, and pay the legal bills for the Embassy getting her out of foreign prisons, a time she needs to work. Be it at a museum, university or cutprice supermarket, this ensemble screams "hire me", complete with Dynasty worthy shoulder pads (because nothing says professional better than dressing up as an American Football player), TARDIS-like handbag that stores her entire life, and whoever came up with the phrase "sensible heels", likely never wore these corn inducing nightmares.

This is the updated version.

1st Entry: Adventure clothing

I call it... Little-Ass-Kicker ("You like that? Hm? Little-Ass-Kicker? ... You like that, sweetheart?")

Actually a really simple outfit that is not all bells and whistles but still convenient and comfortable.
    You're maybe wondering, why she is using a crossbow? It's simple, a crossbow is quieter than a gun and still very, very accurate. Good for hunting yet rather impractical for climbing (Although Daryl proved it is still possible!).
    She is wearing her long cargo pants, a chequered shirt without sleeves (she ripped them off by herself for increased free movement), a vest with some pockets, boots, gloves (to protect her hands while climbing) and her batman underwear. Furthermore I tried to add some slight shadows under her eyes (for the Daryl-Look) and a scar on her lips (for the Ezio-Look?).
    I don't know why but she's holding some sort of necklace in her right hand... are those ears? A souvenir from Yamatai? I hope not!
    By the way, have you noticed her tattoo? I'm wondering what it means... looks japanese.

Some fun fact (more or less; maybe a small spoiler): Lara and Daryl both got "speared/lanced?/impaled?" (don't know the right English word -> sth ran through their bodies) by almost the same spiky object... at the same bodylocation. That's acutally the reason why I came up with the idea of darylizing Lara.

(click image to enlarge)
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

Holy crap! These entries are so amazing! Picking a winner is really going to be hard. D:
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by doppeL View Post

(click image to enlarge)
    Did you render that yourself in XNA? I'd kill to have some practical experience in that app

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    I love these!

May I make a cheeky request? For when the comp is over (this is important!) Is it possible for a kind hearteed soul to photoshop my entry/entrries onto Lara, please? I'd love to see the items in my collages on Lara, but I don't have the skills. I'd appreciate it loads. I repeat, this is for after the competition ends, my entries are to remain collages. If I don't ask now, I may forget when the time comes. PM me if it's best to keep the thread clean (ish).
    I'll volunteer
    signature image

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast