Thread: next-gen consoles

next-gen consoles

next-gen consoles

Is anyone getting in on one of the next-gen consoles come November?

From talking with several of my .... associates.... it seems that a lot of people are skipping this next generation of consoles and sticking with the PS3 or 360.

I gotta say... I'm leaning toward the PS4. It's cheaper, and it seems like Sony doesn't have their heads up their asses anymore (like they did with the PS3 by making it hard to develop for, and trying to charge people 600 bucks at launch for it)

What do people think?
    "If he tries to shake us down, we kill him. Period. We make it fun, but we kill him. End of story."

I'm probably going to leave the console world forever and buy a PC now that I've started working. I mean, an Xbox One does look appealing now that the DRM (but also the ability to truly install and share games) is gone, but PC gaming just looks more and more appealing.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    I'm probably going to leave the console world forever and buy a PC now that I've started working. I mean, an Xbox One does look appealing now that the DRM (but also the ability to truly install and share games) is gone, but PC gaming just looks more and more appealing.
    yeah don't get me started on DRM. The whole point of a console for me (as a PC gamer) is to get away from DRM. If I wanted to mess with DRM, I'd just buy the game on PC
    "If he tries to shake us down, we kill him. Period. We make it fun, but we kill him. End of story."

It'd be nice to have but it'd not be cool to be the buyer. LOL
    You could do a lot with 500.00.
    XZX WAS HERE

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    yeah don't get me started on DRM. The whole point of a console for me (as a PC gamer) is to get away from DRM. If I wanted to mess with DRM, I'd just buy the game on PC
    True, true, but many of the games I buy off of the internet (believe me, it was hard to get over not having a solid copy in my hands) come DRM-free. Check out sites like Gamersgate and GoG
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice