View Poll Results: Will you buy Deus Ex Human Revolution The Director's Cut?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, at full price

    9 16.36%
  • Yes, at DLC price

    16 29.09%
  • Yes, when it goes on sale

    10 18.18%
  • No, it should be free

    11 20.00%
  • No, I have no interest in this version

    6 10.91%
  • Other (specify in thread)

    3 5.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Will you be buying the director's cut?

Will you be buying the director's cut?

  1. #1

    Will you be buying the director's cut?

    Well?
    signature image

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,497
    Originally Posted by KingNL
    Well?
    Assuming we already own the vanilla version, yes?

  3. #3
    Not interested.

    Going off of the WiiU version I don't agree with the majority of the changes that could make it to the original platforms though more details are needed.

    Sincerely doubt I'll change my mind tbh. They have a chance to perfect it but their idea of perfection is not the same as mine...though mine involves a significant amount of redesign.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,270
    Mebbe on a Steam Sale. The same way I bought TML.

    I've got too many games to play these days to go back to HR just because they tweaked a few things.

  5. #5
    I'd definitely buy this but not if it's priced too much. I'd prefer a discount or something since I already own the vanilla edition.

    Also I wouldn't mind a retail edition.
    Points at JC/Helios Denton having a vision to post-humanize the race: His vision is augmented!

  6. #6
    I won;t pay for what is basically a patch to fix something they 'outsourced' to somebody else in the first place. That's a waste of my money, I have completed the game anyway so why would I pay to play again?

    If this is a free update, then they will at least earn long term goodwill with people who supported the game already.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,412
    I'm planning on buying the Wii U version so I have an excuse to turn that console on. It's jsut been sitting there since I bought it not doing anything.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

  8. #8
    There's no way I'm buying it for premium price, but DLC price sounds reasonable. A free upgrade would of course be very welcome, but I'm not holding my breath.

    If the decision makers are determined to make it a separate release instead of DLC, a discount (a BIG discount) for us who have the original version would be a nice gesture.

  9. #9
    20$ for owners of DEHR on PC is acceptable.

    (click image to enlarge)

  10. #10
    Come on.. it looks great, with the overhauled graphics and boss fights.. you have to support the crew at Montreal..

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Zakka
    20$ for owners of DEHR on PC is acceptable.
    I think ten dollars would be much more appropriate, and even then I would wait for a sale, and still might not buy it. $20 is almost half the game over again, and that's pretty ridiculous for what's actually in there.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

  12. #12
    £12 is my upper limit. Arkane is asking £8 for Dishonored's The Knife of Dunwall expansion so I want to see what content is being offered for whatever the asking price on the Directors cut.
    signature image

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,958
    I've played through DXHR two times and consider this game pretty much done for me personally. I'll give "The Missing Link" (which was worth it's money) a second run sometimes and then just hope for a new installment. I really don't consider the Director's Cut worth my money.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by hybridex
    overhauled graphics
    An extremely minor concern. The last thing that i'd improve.

    and boss fights..
    OK, that's one thing. Anything else? Where is the list? I've got the WiiU list but few things address DX:HR's problems.

    you have to support the crew at Montreal..
    Donate in the name of charity? I already done two weeks work with no pay recently, this time I expect something worthwhile in return
    I already own the vanilla version. Since then they have gone downhill, including the missing link (but it was still good).

    I want to believe in these guys but they are giving me no incentive except the words "be patient". I am not a very patient individual and I worry about the design of what it is I am not so patiently waiting for.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,497
    Originally Posted by Zakka
    20$ for owners of DEHR on PC is acceptable.
    Considering I payed less than that for the vanilla version...

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by Zakka
    20$ for owners of DEHR on PC is acceptable.
    Maybe for a new copy. For existing owners, anything above $5 is insulting. It's bad enough if they actually charge for this update.

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by Doom972
    Maybe for a new copy. For existing owners, anything above $5 is insulting. It's bad enough if they actually charge for this update.
    I wouldn't go that far. It's worth more than that, even if I don't agree with the design its worth way more than that. They have likely spent a good few hundred thousand on the DC. It has no value to me but if you ARE interested in it, it's worth way more than a 5 measly dollars.

    Price isn't the issue, its the design...for me. And I'm broke as always.
    If I were interested in it i'd cough up a reasonable amount once I felt financially able to do so. It's only fair. They work, they expect results. You are sorely mistaken if you think SE would allow the Directors cut be given away for free or even at $5 anyway.

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by CyberP
    I wouldn't go that far. It's worth more than that, even if I don't agree with the design its worth way more than that. They have likely spent a good few hundred thousand on the DC. It has no value to me but if you ARE interested in it, it's worth way more than a 5 measly dollars.

    Price isn't the issue, its the design...for me. And I'm broke as always.
    If I were interested in it i'd cough up a reasonable amount once I felt financially able to do so. It's only fair. They work, they expect results. You are sorely mistaken if you think SE would allow the Directors cut be given away for free or even at $5 anyway.
    It's only worth what people are willing to pay, if SE charge for the DC at a unreasonable price, then they shouldn't be surprised if the response is lukewarm. Most People who will ever care for the game would have completed it by now, so there's not much new market (except the WII U crowd) for the DC.

    If SE raise the bar and create another decent 4-5 hours DLC (maybe taking place after the ending), then they could charge $20-25 for the upgrade and people would see the value. But right now, it's basically a patch to fix 3 boss fights, a few gameplay tweaks and minor graphic enhancement. I think only the most hardcore fans will pay good money for it, but who knows....

    There's just too much unknowns about the DC anyway, no release date, price and distribution outlets. I think SE should just announce it soon because there's some big games out in the next few months, Batman/GTA/SaintRow/WatchDog etc that people will pay attention to already.

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by CyberP
    I wouldn't go that far. It's worth more than that, even if I don't agree with the design its worth way more than that. They have likely spent a good few hundred thousand on the DC. It has no value to me but if you ARE interested in it, it's worth way more than a 5 measly dollars.

    Price isn't the issue, its the design...for me. And I'm broke as always.
    If I were interested in it i'd cough up a reasonable amount once I felt financially able to do so. It's only fair. They work, they expect results. You are sorely mistaken if you think SE would allow the Directors cut be given away for free or even at $5 anyway.
    There's very little new content in the Director's Cut (Is there at all?). It's mostly fixes and rebalance. I know standards are low in the video game industry right now but even Activision won't charge for a patch.

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by Doom972
    I know standards are low in the video game industry right now but even Activision won't charge for a patch.
    Heh.

    There is a directors commentary as well for the EM lovers.
    New features? New game+, yay! in-game social hub, yay! Eidos really took the franchise to another level
    Even HERESY has abandoned them :/

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by CyberP
    An extremely minor concern. The last thing that i'd improve.



    OK, that's one thing. Anything else? Where is the list? I've got the WiiU list but few things address DX:HR's problems.



    Donate in the name of charity? I already done two weeks work with no pay recently, this time I expect something worthwhile in return
    I already own the vanilla version. Since then they have gone downhill, including the missing link (but it was still good).

    I want to believe in these guys but they are giving me no incentive except the words "be patient". I am not a very patient individual and I worry about the design of what it is I am not so patiently waiting for.
    You crack me up.. well said, however..

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,270
    Originally Posted by Mustermann
    It's only worth what people are willing to pay, if SE charge for the DC at a unreasonable price, then they shouldn't be surprised if the response is lukewarm. Most People who will ever care for the game would have completed it by now, so there's not much new market (except the WII U crowd) for the DC.

    If SE raise the bar and create another decent 4-5 hours DLC (maybe taking place after the ending), then they could charge $20-25 for the upgrade and people would see the value. But right now, it's basically a patch to fix 3 boss fights, a few gameplay tweaks and minor graphic enhancement. I think only the most hardcore fans will pay good money for it, but who knows....

    There's just too much unknowns about the DC anyway, no release date, price and distribution outlets. I think SE should just announce it soon because there's some big games out in the next few months, Batman/GTA/SaintRow/WatchDog etc that people will pay attention to already.
    What ending? Adam died after letting Pangea explode!

    now, about that Montreal Hub we were all hoping for....

  23. #23
    Well, this helps the argument of those who demand it for free: http://www.oxm.co.uk/57153/microsoft...box-360-games/

    Now it can really be a "patch"

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by kud13
    What ending? Adam died after letting Pangea explode!

    now, about that Montreal Hub we were all hoping for....
    What's this Montreal Hub you're talkin about.. aye?

  25. #25
    Originally Posted by hybridex
    What's this Montreal Hub you're talkin about.. aye?
    Originally, there was supposed to be another "hub" area (Like Detroit and Hengsha), and that was supposed to be Montreal. In the end, they didn't have enough time to complete it (I don't think that they said how much of it, if at all was completed). I think that it was supposed to lead up to the mission at the Picus building.

    Many people (me included) were hoping that it would be added as DLC, but that never happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last