Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Kane & Lynch 3 Cancelled

Kane & Lynch 3 Cancelled

Kane & Lynch 3 Cancelled

Well guys this looks bad ...

Quote: "we have taken the difficult decision to cancel other studio projects and initiatives at IO and reduce the workforce in this studio, which will impact almost half of the employees currently at IO, as we make internal adjustments to face the challenges of today’s market."

I gotta be honest now, I'm pretty pissed . I thought Hitman Absolution wasn't a very good game . Not bad, but not IO-good either. It reflected alot of the things that are wrong with current gen games imo, being way too linear and all that . And now them saying they have to make changes to face the challenges of todays market, sounds like there won't be much left of the IO we once knew and loved . Actually there wasn't much left of them after that layoff a couple of years ago . This one is more like a killing blow I think .
    It's been great guys . But it seems like this might be the end of Kane And Lynch as we know it

I kinda knew this day would come. I told myself it would never happen...but in the back of my mind I always knew they were gonna dump the Kane & Lynch project.

Best case scenario is that the franchise is still owned by IOInteractive and just on "hold" until they get their financial ducks in a row.

Worst case scenario, Kane & Lynch gets bought by Activision and we see Call of Duty Warfare: Kane Ghost Merc Edition with Day-1 Lynch Face Pack DLC.

Less worse case scenario, Kane & Lynch gets bought by Telltale Games and we get a story-based Kane & Lynch game where you make tough moral decisions like whether to burn down a Tokyo skyscraper or not in broad daylight.

There is like a %5 chance a Square Enix studio would continue the work on K&L3 and release it.
    I have contacted IO regarding the cancellation and they forwarded me to a Square Enix employee, and i will post what he says to my K&L fansite.

When Absolution launched , Square Enix said Square Enix Montreal would develop Hitman 6 and it would be released in 2013. After the Tomb Raider launch Square Enix announced their serious loss and the CEO stepped down , plans changed.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Vulture
    There is like a %5 chance a Square Enix studio would continue the work on K&L3 and release it.
    I have contacted IO and regarding the cancellation and they forwarded me to a Square Enix employee, and i will post what he says to my K&L fansite.
    I emailed Jens Peter Kurup - he actually replied.

I asked him what the future of the Kane & Lynch project was, and I'm still waiting on a reply. I will post it here.

Here's what he said first:

Originally Posted by Jens Peter Kurup
    Hi.

Thank you for the kind words - I also now and then miss the two old bastards.
    I do not know of any Kane and Lynch games in development right now. The rumors you refer to is probably related to the news that IO is solely working on the Hitman franchise as of time being.
    I hope you have a nice day.

Regards,
    JP

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Best case scenario is that the franchise is still owned by IOInteractive and just on "hold" until they get their financial ducks in a row.
    I'm also hoping for this ... "we have taken the decision to cancel other projects" does sound pretty definitive though .. :I
    Really cool of Jens Peter Kurup to reply to your email ! I wasn't even sure wether he still works at IO, I hope he'll share some insight with us

Question

Do i speak a remote ounce of truth or what ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

The development team for the Kane & Lynch projects was basically "pulled together" internally from people working on other projects. As soon as the game was released, they released those people back to whatever they were doing.

In a word, there is no Kane & Lynch development team... there was never a Kane & Lynch... it was just one man and his dream of a 4-hour single player story that ends as suddenly and incoherently as possible.

I just noticed BeardedHoplite already posted this yesterday in the off-topic section, sorry about the repost .
    Also, welcome back gnr ! at least we're all reuniting to watch kane and lynch crumble . I'm being pessimistic, I'll stop now

Exclamation

Now Beardy is stealing my credits ! ...
    Not a day into this derelict hotel and i get into pie fights again ...

Feels Exactly like old times , woooo ! ...
    I don't usually yehaw , but this sure is some ye-haw moment ...

Plus it'll balance out Kent's neverstopping sulking ...
    Just saying man , the zombie apocalypse has been out there for , like , four years ? at minimum ? ...

I WANT MY WEEKEND BARBECUE , IN PEACE ...

I emailed Jens Peter Kurup - he actually replied.

I asked him what the future of the Kane & Lynch project was, and I'm still waiting on a reply. I will post it here.

Here's what he said first:
    Correct me if i am wrong but he left IO a long time ago , so he wouldn't know about the internal development details.

K&L3 was definitely in production. Just 2 days ago when i checked IOI website they were looking for a multiplayer programmer to work on an third person game with co-op elements. Now we all know this means K&L. But today the job ad is removed.
    signature image

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous

Plus it'll balance out Kent's neverstopping sulking ...
    Just saying man , the zombie apocalypse has been out there for , like , four years ? at minimum ? ...

I WANT MY WEEKEND BARBECUE , IN PEACE ...
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness, searching for their destiny. The darkness, for me, is where I shine.

This makes me extremely sad. Extremely.... *sighs*

Kane and Lynch 3 HAS to come... some day. It just has to.

Exclamation

In 2010

(Glazer=Eidos)

Lynch: "Well, do we still have a chance to come back ? Mr. Glazer ? "
    Glazer: "Don't wory, Lynchy. I have told people you won't disappear. I think some unhinged people still like Kane & Lynch !"
    Lynch: "That's a great news! I will tell this good news to Kane. "

In 2013

Kane: "! Lynch, I heard someone said Kane & Lynch 3 is cancelled. We need to find the answer ."
    Lynch: "! Where are my pills.....OK, Let's go to ask Eidos !"

(Shangsi's daughter = one of Eidos employee)

Kane: "Where is Kane & Lynch 3 ? I need this job !"

(Cops = Square Enix)

Kane: "Arrrgh ! Why they are attacking me ? !"
    Lynch: "! ! Find cover ! You shouldn't shoot the girl , Kane. "

(The mask guy = one of Eidos employee)

Lynch: "OK, it's my turn. Where is Kane & Lynch 3? Tell me or I will cut you !"
    Mask guy: "I don't know! Just go to the next room. Maybe you will find it ."

Lynch: "Huh? What's this ?"
    Kane: "Maybe a IO's New IP and possibly cancelled now ."
    Lynch: "! It said Director's cut...... Will we have KL1 Director's cut just like Deus Ex: HR ? "
    Kane: "Bad news, Lynch. Our father has left IOI in May ."
    Lynch: "! ! *! Arrrrrrrrrrgh !!!! "

Lynch: "What's this supposed to mean ?"
    Kane: "The giant monster is Square Enix and the cow is Hitman franchise . , Lynch,I find a information! According to report IO is only foucs on Hitman franchise now."
    Lynch: "What ? It's ridiculous! ? How about us ?"

Lynch: "You said this franchise ? A legend bald killer ."
    Kane: "Yea..... Damn , I forget to carry my push dagger and SIG 552 . "
    Lynch: "I still can't find any information about Kane & Lynch 3 ."
    Kane: "I have a bad feeling about this . "

Lynch: "And this is.....?"
    Kane: "Maybe a IO's New IP and possibly cancelled now. C'mon this way !"

Kane: "OK, Lynch. Grab the driver and ask him . Don't hurt him , are you listening to me ?"
    Lynch:"OK! OK! I'll try. "

(The driver = one of Eidos employee)

Lynch: "Where is Kane & Lynch 3 ? Tell me you little ! "
    Driver: "Plz don't shoot me , I'll tell you everything..... "

Kane: "What? What the was that ? "
    Lynch: "Well....I.....I............It's just a little push.........I don't know ."
    Kane: "I can't believe that , !"

(Glazer = Eidos, Shangsi=Square Enix)

Kane & Lynch find Glazer and ask him why Kane & Lynch 3 is cancelled .

(The sniper=Square Enix)

The sniper shoot Glazer then run away .

The sniper: "Ha Ha Ha , Hitman Forever ! "

(The cop = one of Square Enix employee)

Lynch: "It's pissing me off ! Where is Kane & Lynch 3 ? Arrrrrrrrrrgh !! "
    The cop: "I won't tell you. Hitman Forever ! "

(Chopper = Square Enix)

The cop: "Ha Ha , my back up is coming. "
    Lynch: ", ! "

Lynch: " Eat to die you !!!!"

Where is Kane & Lynch 3 ? T_T

"Tell me, where is it ? "

Lynch:"I must find it....... "

Lynch: "I must......................"

I'm watching you , Square Enix
    i wish IOI can buy back Kane & Lynch !

It's like Bulletstorm 2! Not!
    I believe they call it, painting yourself in to a corner.

XZX WAS HERE

LoL. Here's probably why there's no KL3:

As Square Enix revises its full fiscal year forecasts, now predicting a swing to losses from the previously estimated profits, the company's president Yoichi Wada has resigned.

The Japanese publisher admitted last month that it is "struggling" to recover from the huge losses that it posted earlier in the current fiscal year, due in part of slow sales of Sleeping Dogs.

Now, where Square Enix had previously forecast profits of 3.5 billion yen ($37.1 million) for the fiscal year ended March 31, it is now estimating "extraordinary loss" of 13.0 billion yen ($137.9 million), a change of 16.5 billion yen ($175.1 million).
    XZX WAS HERE

Arrow

Jam13 , you do realise that i'll never be able to replay Dog Days without reliving that untold story of yours ? ...
    Masterstroke brother ! our conspiracy might just make a decent Oliver Stone picture yet ! ...

They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness, searching for their destiny. The darkness, for me, is where I shine.
    Hope , the blinding light ...
    Home , the pit ...

Chants ...

The calling of the mask ...

Lord Grievous shall bring fear to us all ! ...

Later ! ...

Originally Posted by Vulture
    K&L3 was definitely in production. Just 2 days ago when i checked IOI website they were looking for a multiplayer programmer to work on an third person game with co-op elements. Now we all know this means K&L.
    You mean this ad that's been there for nearly two years ? ...
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ne-and-lynch-3

Frankly it don't mean much , not the least of which is the fact that All of IO's franchises are third person games and they All , with Hitman's exception , can easily have co-op features ...
    Kane & Lynch just happen to be IO's first and only to present co-op functionality , but Mini Ninjas and Freedom Fighters both could have benefited from such multiplayer component ...

At least the bright side of this job ad removal is that it implies we won't be seeing any tag-team co-op in future Hitman games ... for the next game at least ...

"We haven't made any announcements about Kane & Lynch going forward, but we all know that Kane and Lynch are two amazing characters who have a lot of brand equity. People like those guys, so they're not going to disappear,"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfFbxIHBdjo
    "If he tries to shake us down, we kill him. Period. We make it fun, but we kill him. End of story."

Exclamation

This almost made me cry

They're playing without skating around or massive network lag... did the Devs get a version we didn't? Dear sweet holy tapdancing christ on a whole wheat cracker...

GRIEVOUS... stop smoking weed and get the van. We're driving to Denmark
    "If he tries to shake us down, we kill him. Period. We make it fun, but we kill him. End of story."

21. I just had to come back and say.
    Thank god there isnt a 3, not now. Give it some time, or give it to someone else, please.
    signature image

What a shame, would like to see a Kane & Lynch 3 soon. Great gaming memories of the other 2 versions, playing co-op with a friend.

Not very definitive since Square Enix has been struggling for years now, and there has never really been a "Kane & Lynch Team". The games were just done by random people pulled from other projects. That, and someone from IO said Kane & Lynch aren't just gonna disappear forever not too long ago.

Unhappy

Originally Posted by NarooN
    That, and someone from IO said Kane & Lynch aren't just gonna disappear forever not too long ago.
    That's funny/interesting/ironic , because it just so happens that Eidos' Life President Ian Livingstone , has stepped out of office ...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-exits-company

Back in Dog Days' post-release in 2010 , Ian had this to say regarding IO Interactive and Kane & Lynch :

Eurogamer: What was your reaction to the reception to Kane & Lynch 2?

Ian Livingstone: The negative?

Eurogamer: It seemed polarised to me.

Ian Livingstone: Yeah. Kane & Lynch 2 clearly had a Marmite effect on people. You either loved it or hated it. Some people liked the juddering camera, home video style. Others absolutely hated it. Some loved the characters. Some didn't like the characters.

But it's artistic, thrill-a-minute instant action stuff. I thought it was a great game, but I can understand people might not have liked it.

Eurogamer: Is the Kane & Lynch franchise alive and kicking? Do you intend to build on it and continue with more releases?

Ian Livingstone: We haven't made any announcements about Kane & Lynch going forward, but we all know that Kane and Lynch are two amazing characters who have a lot of brand equity. People like those guys, so they're not going to disappear.

Eurogamer: We've heard about lay-offs at IO Interactive. What's happening with that developer? We assume development of Hitman 5 continues.

Ian Livingstone: There have been a small number of lay-offs, but other than that I don't want to talk about IO today.

Good, Im glad its cancelled, I hope it never gets made because they ruined Kane and Lynch 2 with that silly censored box, who knows how much more censorship or child friendly this one would have been. All we can do is hope whoever made Kane and Lynch 2 so censored never works in the games industry again after that embarrassment hahaha.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last