Thread: Kane & Lynch exist in the Hitman universe.

Kane & Lynch exist in the Hitman universe.

Kane & Lynch exist in the Hitman universe.

First piece of evidence: a news report of the prison transport escape by Kane & Lynch in Hitman: Blood Money

Second piece of evidence: Kane & Lynch at the shooting range level in Hitman: Absolution

One cannot rule out the possibility that we will see Kane & Lynch in the next Hitman game.

Looks like they threw you a curve ball and you swung.
    XZX WAS HERE

Arrow

Except that it stops making sense once you find Kane writing his famous letter to Jenny in Skurky's basement prison ...
    It completely nulifies all chronological sense : it's not possible for the duo to have busted out by the time of Blood Money and then suddenly sended back to the county jail seven years later ...

That was to me one cameo too many , especially as they decided to hire a new voice actor to read the letter , and it became such a jarring contrast that we might as well shake our head as Kane repeatedly does ...

Seeing Kane quietly smoking in the bar saying that his associate is looking for equipment could have been something of a nod towards the aftermath of the Nevada prison breakout with the newly formed 'dead men' crew , or merely to wink at the fact that the player would see Lynch directly in the next level ...

Seeing Lynch shooting off gnomes at the shooting range acts as a double nod : it acts as a clever way for player to realize the scope of things the developers wanted to implement in terms of 'affecting a virtual environment' with its new Glacier 2 engine , as the player could shoot off the gnomes himself and then notice a new reaction between the npcs on the matter ... shame however that such techniques aren't always well disguised in subsequent levels ...
    Second is that there is a clerk and a customer in the beginning of the level who would comment on the whole "constant swearing" criticism yielded towards the Kane & Lynch franchise , with the clerk lamenting at how young city folks believe that it's a sophisticated means of expression , but then the customer would casually express wanting to buy a handgun for his five years old son -which also nods back to Adam's son- and both he and the clerk approves of this act ...

This was a mean to emphasise on the ridicule of moral-appreciation in current society : specifically in this case , shooting waves of hundreds of npcs in the Kane & Lynch games never attracted as much warning or criticism as it was that the protagonists yells bad language all the time , it's practically an unnoticed self parody ...

So , up t'ill this point , the Kane & Lynch cameos made 'sense' and remain relatively discreet in Absolution , and the nuke easter egg was particularly touching for me because i recall having at times commented how casual Lynch and Kane would have been if a nuclear explosion would occur right before their eyes but then fellow members of this forum would dismiss it as being too 'simplistic' to say the least ...
    And whoop dee doo , look what happens today , the nuclear devastation was already a 'sign' in hindsight about the demise of the franchise ...

But back on topic , this brings up to the final Kane & Lynch cameo in Absolution , that of seeing Kane writing his letter in a county jail basement with newly added voice-over ...
    It was a completely redundant case of shoe-horning an existing neighbor franchise , especially considering the multitude of already implemented cameos , and not one single nod to Freedom Fighters was in sight ...

Note that Mini Ninjas do appear as plushy dolls ... in the blood soak filled Rosewood Orphanage of all places ...
    Or was it also clever way to emphasise the audience's more pressing need for gritty blood violence rather than , well , cute plushy dolls ? ...

Regarding the articles of Lynch and Kane in the Blood Money newspaper , it always intrigued me how almost nobody ever mention the fact that there is a second article relating to the duo , occuring much later in the game when sightseeing Nevada , stipulating that the sheriffs have decided to abandon their pursuit but the 'pushy feds' aren't going to let up the case ...

This has been the sole mention of the FBI ever in the Kane & Lynch franchise , a topic that was never once mentioned in the subsequent games ...

One would have believed that some shady government organisation was always keeping an eye out on the duo's pavement of chaos , no matter how cliché this story trope would be , it helps that most of the duos unwanted presence does occur on non-american soil : japan , cuba , venzuela , china ...
    Of all twenty seven levels made in the Kane & Lynch games , only six -less than a quarter- took place in north america ...

You would think that some economical shift was happening behind the scenes , that some international foreign affairs was being put on jeapordy , and , heck , while we're at it , the middle-east is still news on teevee ...

But now we'll never know what might have truly came out of this , except in fan fictions ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

I will agree that in Absolution, Kane and Lynch's presence was a total cameo... Almost as if the developers were trying to remind everyone that they worked on that one game back in 2007 that everyone hated....

Yeah. I think they've got the taste of success now from Hitman. Like, even Conan O'Brian was all playing it.

Games are like amnesia. You forget your name but you don't forget math.
    XZX WAS HERE

Square Enix just came to the inevitable conclusion that if they dump giant bags of money into a game, it comes out all shiny and nice.

If only they had come to this conclusion back when Kane & Lynch 2 was in development.

and let's not even pretend that back in 2007 IOInteractive didn't spend half their development budget on beer and a highly advanced artificial intelligence to insert the F-word into every spoken sentence in-game.

Arrow

Absolution and Sleeping Dogs sure looked shiny and nice ... so much that the lack of anti-aliasing made it all look like constant pop-in models , nothing ever feels like they belong to the same spacial geometry , too much lightning bloom effect and heavy white line contrasts surrounding each individual character and object ...

At least on playstation 3 it was that unsettling ...

But in regards to IO Interactive , it took them balls after Blood Money to venture into new IPs , they could have continued on the Hitman brand and most people would have been happy too , but hey , they had ideas , they wanted to explore it , and i do feel that they would have continued making new IPs , such as that rumored fighting game and sandbox title , had Absolution's demand not been so popular ...

Ironically it is that Hitman will keep on thriving because people have been begging for sequels since 2006 ...
    Had the remaining IO franchises attracted that much public demand ... the chess table might have looked mighty different today ...

The point is that a great majority won , Square Enix were right from a business standpoint to back that side up , and really , who wouldn't ? ...
    Because after all , inside all of this 'for the fans' ? ...

Anti-aliasing and consoles don't belong in the same sentence.

Sometimes I lose sight of the big picture, being frustrated with hardware too. It's a software/hardware problem. It's like a VW. You can get the parts cheap but they are usually in such a bad, stripped way, they're unusable or if you spend 10 grand fixing one up, you can only get about 1200-2500 for it. LoL.

I look at PS3 or Wii like exclusive consoles. If the software is there then you got it. If you have a choice though, to just get it on Xbox.
    XZX WAS HERE

the new Xbox is "too connected" for my tastes. Plus I don't like that robot kinect eye it has... watching you... listening to your thoughts.

LoL. I'm concerned about it's VOX operations myself. Just think of consoles as the easy computer. You can build a PC however you want. To bizarre cases, chairs, LED of any color, 16 core, mind-controlled, V.R., whatever. That's really all that SONY or Microsoft does. They just make their's mass produced.
    XZX WAS HERE

Originally Posted by xzx
    They just make their's mass produced.
    But that arguably the biggest selling point behind a console: they can play any game you put in them as long as it's for the right console. No fussing with installs, system specs, graphical configurations, etc, etc. Just pop-in and play. Hell, get rid of that and then there would be almost no reason to buy a console beyond brand loyalty or price, although the price difference between a decent PC and consoles is closing rapidly

Seriously, all these features the current and next-gen consoles are touting can be done (and arguably done better) on a PC.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

As a die-hard PC gamer, a console has be simpler than a PC, which is why I'm probably going to trade-in my old console for a PS4 this november (or whenever it comes out) ... I'm all for digital distribution, in fact I love it... but it only works if they can pass the savings onto you.

I've been with Xbox since 2007, and I can tell you that there are still games on the marketplace that are over 4 years old and still selling for 49.99 and 59.99 ... Kane & Lynch, a game you can pick up for practically free on ebay or amazon, still sells for 19.99 on Xbox Live.

They're just completely out of touch. It's kinda sad to see Xbox fail like this, since I really had no problems with the 360. I think this year I'll be jumping back on the Playstation wagon though. Playstation 4 just has less restrictions... you don't have to always be online, you'll be able to pick up used games just like normal... It's just everything I want in a console.
    "If he tries to shake us down, we kill him. Period. We make it fun, but we kill him. End of story."

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    But that arguably the biggest selling point behind a console: they can play any game you put in them as long as it's for the right console. No fussing with installs, system specs, graphical configurations, etc, etc. Just pop-in and play. Hell, get rid of that and then there would be almost no reason to buy a console beyond brand loyalty or price, although the price difference between a decent PC and consoles is closing rapidly

Seriously, all these features the current and next-gen consoles are touting can be done (and arguably done better) on a PC.
    That's just a human/hardware issue though. If you have a PC that is up to it's highest specs, then compatibility wouldn't be an issue. It's even easier to just install everything on a PC and not have to use the disc. As they usually have a disc verifying system though. So they DON'T want you to have that luxury. Which also, fumbling with a CD will decrease it's value. That means a lot, when games are 59.99 and you have 10 of them. Although it can easily be bi-passed by downloadable cracks.

Then though you have to have a computer anyway to surf the net. It's just impractical to have a PC on a yacht or a private jet, where they're more console practical. Another issue is privacy because on the net, you have to always be connected, worldwide. Anybody can EM or IM you non-stop.

Which just drops the ball totally when you come to wanting portable. Handhelds sell like crazy in Japan.
    XZX WAS HERE

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    the new Xbox is "too connected" for my tastes. Plus I don't like that robot kinect eye it has... watching you... listening to your thoughts.
    Here's what (you don't) get with Xbox One;

1. Your games library can't be accessed from any Xbox One: Prior to the reversal, you would have been able to play your entire games library from any Xbox One, not just yours. That will no longer be possible. Games you purchase digitally can be played from any Xbox One.

2. Disc-based games now need to be in the system to play them: Before Microsoft announced the Xbox One changes, the system was designed to allow you to play games sans disc. Not anymore. So you better take care of them, or else.

3. Downloaded games cannot be shared or resold: So much for letting someone else play your games while you're on vacation, at work or at school. While you can share your discs with anyone at will, anything you download will be bound to you.
    XZX WAS HERE

Question

Third guy from the left.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/playst...7662064828075/

If you zoom in, you can vaguely make out a scar line on the right side of his face, going through his eye.

The conspiracy continues.

Hitman will feature six PS4 exclusive contracts that we’ve called “The Sarajevo Six”. These are self-contained contracts that see Agent 47 travel the world in pursuit of six former members of a paramilitary unit called CICADA. Each target was a private soldier guilty of committing brutal war crimes. Many years later, fate is finally catching up with them.

These six contracts will see Agent 47 visit each of the locations in Hitman – from France to Italy, Morocco to Thailand and the United States to Japan. The first three contracts will be available when the game launches on 11th March 2016 with the rest becoming available as new locations are released during 2016.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/...tent-unveiled/

If that's who i think it is, i might just get this on day one afterall.
    Might.

Regarding the name of the paramilitary organization 'CICADA'. I assume it is named after the insect?

"In China, the phrase "to shed the golden cicada skin" is the poetic name of the tactic of using deception to escape danger, specifically of using decoys (leaving the exuviae) to fool enemies."

"This is also referred to in Japanese mythical ninja lore, as the technique of utsusemi (i.e., literally cicada), where ninjas would trick opponents into attacking a decoy. More generally, the cicada symbolises rebirth and immortality in Chinese tradition"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada...y_and_folklore

Definitively a conspiracy going on here.

Maybe Adam Marcus joined with CICADA first before working with the elusive The7.
    Would make more sense that this former family man began working with a paramilitary group first prior to joining straight up with a secret mercenary organization.

Discuss.