Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Name 3 other VG Characters Hotter then Lara..

^

I hate the way some people think just because a woman wears a skimpy outfit that she sleeps around alot
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by pomeranianpuppy View Post
    ^

I hate the way some people think just because a woman wears a skimpy outfit that she sleeps around alot
    true, but at times it does make you think a bit why she is wearing clothes like these. i sure dont complain about the view but when i think about if she would be my girlfriend and still keeps wearing clothes like these, you know that many guys will look as well and it makes you think if she likes the attention.
    im not saying they sleep with everyone because i know personally some girls who wear like that and are loyal to their boyfriends, but it still makes you think in a way why they wear them.

but thats just me. so please dont hate me for that.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    true, but at times it does make you think a bit why she is wearing clothes like these. i sure dont complain about the view but when i think about if she would be my girlfriend and still keeps wearing clothes like these, you know that many guys will look as well and it makes you think if she likes the attention.
    im not saying they sleep with everyone because i know personally some girls who wear like that and are loyal to their boyfriends, but it still makes you think in a way why they wear them.

but thats just me. so please dont hate me for that.

I'd like to think that they wear such clothing for their boyfriends/husbands. And that the bf/hubby can smile and say to himself as he notices onlookers: "That's right, jackass. That's my girlfriend/wife, and she's lookin' good for me! Sucks to be you."
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    I'd like to think that they wear such clothing for their boyfriends/husbands. And that the bf/hubby can smile and say to himself as he notices onlookers: "That's right, jackass. That's my girlfriend/wife, and she's lookin' good for me! Sucks to be you."
    lol, also a way to see it but if my wife would wear like this, i would feel uncomfortable.
    but again, thats just me.
    signature image

THIS is the right answer It's like the old saying goes, "you can look but you can't touch" with the unspoken extension, "I get to do all the touching"

Truth is some guys get jealous of other men looking at their woman regardless of attire. More often when a man is so insecure about his girlfriend's position with him, no matter what she says, it may seem like a lack of interest on her part, but it's more likely the guy lowered her interest because he shows no confidence in the position he holds.

Other men may look, they may even fantasize of how much more skin they'd like to see that the outfit still doesn't show... but in the end she's with you. When she had the choice to be with any man out there, she already chose you.

So don't sweat it
    signature image

I love how you always talk about men, as if women who like women don't exist.

But anyway, a woman will wear whatever she wants.

Hear hear!

I certainly would not look good in a muscle shirt, but I don't go around belittling other dudes that can pull off the look. More power to them. I know what I can pull off, and I stay in that realm...even when I'm on stage.

With all due respect to the female members of the forum, but sometimes, chicks can get really catty about seeing another chick wear something that they themselves just would not look appealing in.
    Binraider is a dude

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    Yeah.........that voice in your head.........it's called "prejudice"

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    THIS is the right answer It's like the old saying goes, "you can look but you can't touch" with the unspoken extension, "I get to do all the touching"

Truth is some guys get jealous of other men looking at their woman regardless of attire. More often when a man is so insecure about his girlfriend's position with him, no matter what she says, it may seem like a lack of interest on her part, but it's more likely the guy lowered her interest because he shows no confidence in the position he holds.

Other men may look, they may even fantasize of how much more skin they'd like to see that the outfit still doesn't show... but in the end she's with you. When she had the choice to be with any man out there, she already chose you.

So don't sweat it
    lol, you poor naive fools...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

lol, you poor naive fools...

Care to share with the class?
    signature image

lol, sure.

LM seems to be under the impression that women who already have boyfriends/husbands walk around outside in sexy outfits just to give their man a big ego boost.

While I have no doubt some women indeed do (although I'm sure some just simply lie about it, so to not make their partners feel bad or jealous), I'm pretty sure that a lot, if not most women do it for one, or more of the following reasons:

1) To get attention from other men (many women like feeling desired by others, even if they are in a relationship, so these women like it when other men stare at them, whistle at them or even flirt with them).

2) To make other woman jealous (though probably most common among younger woman).

3) Just for the sake of looking sexy for themselves (feeling pretty is good for your self-confidence, whether others notice it or not).

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

lol, sure.

LM seems to be under the impression that women who already have boyfriends/husbands walk around outside in sexy outfits just to give their man a big ego boost.

While I have no doubt some women indeed do (although I'm sure some just simply lie about it, so to not make their partners feel bad or jealous), I'm pretty sure that a lot, if not most women do it for one, or more of the following reasons:

1) To get attention from other men (many women like feeling desired by others, even if they are in a relationship, so these women like it when other men stare at them, whistle at them or even flirt with them).

2) To make other woman jealous (though probably most common among younger woman).

3) Just for the sake of looking sexy for themselves (feeling pretty is good for your self-confidence, whether others notice it or not).
    I would agree that the woman more often dresses according to her own interest than her significant others (of course it does still happen, girlfriends/boyfriends want to make their partner happy as a gesture of love). Though my post was mainly agreeing with Martok's position on the attitude the guy should have when his special lady gets the attention of other guys, than the reasoning behind the woman's appearance
    signature image

3) Just for the sake of looking sexy for themselves (feeling pretty is good for your confidence).
    And now I have a question for the guys.

Do men do it for the same reasons as women as well? Or it's only the women who wear clothes just to make others jealous/or whatever and not for themselves (which the latter is what happens the most; they wear clothes for themselves)
    Because it sounds ridiculous if you people think that women wear clothes for others and not for themselves. If so, then it's fair to say that men do the same as well to appeal to the straight women.

Because I will definitely wear what I find comfortable and like. Not for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    And now I have a question for the guys.

Do men do it for the same reasons as women as well? Or it's only the women who wear clothes just to make others jealous/or whatever and not for themselves (which the latter is what happens the most; they wear clothes for themselves)
    Because it sounds ridiculous if you people think that women wear clothes for others and not for themselves. If so, then it's fair to say that men do the same as well to appeal to the straight women.

Because I will definitely wear what I find comfortable and like. Not for others.

i personally never wore differently when i had a girlfriend or being single. i just wear stuff i feel comfortable in. and i wear simple stuff. just a tshirt and shorts that arent tide. i like to move my limps.
    signature image

lol, sure.

I thought people took this for granted...
    signature image

I'm pretty sure that a lot, if not most women do it for one, or more of the following reasons:

4) Straight women dressing to impress other straight women
    its the best feeling in the world when another woman compliments your shoes/bag/whatever and are like where did you get that from?

(which the latter is what happens the most; they wear clothes for themselves)
    Because it sounds ridiculous if you people think that women wear clothes for others and not for themselves.
    If that were true 5 inch heels and underwire bras wouldn't exist
    signature image

Okay......
    1. Ada Wong (RE6)
    2. Claire Redfield
    3. Jill Valentine

lol, sure.

I believe that neither I nor AdobeARTIST are as naive as you accuse us of being.

I did not say that my thinking was absolute. I merely suggested that it was a good attitude to have.

I completely agree with your assessments as to why a woman would dress so sexily. But accusing me of being naive....that's crossing a line. I am every bit as cynical as you are. Just because I didn't mention the reasons you cited does not make me naive. Lack of mentioning certain points does not indicate ignorance of same.

Also, as for my response to Binraider.....that was a general response, regardless of gender...not so much a direct one. I was merely stating that I know my limitations, and where to draw the line when it comes to my personal appearance. I would love to be able to dress in a manner that would knock women off their socks, but, I would not presume to wear something that did not become my body type. Being the Bourbon St. rock star that I am, I just dress for my own comfort. I don't wear muscle shirts because I am not particularly muscular. In fact, even though I am not as fat as some dudes, I certainly would not fill out a muscle shirt properly. Like I said...acknowledging my limitations. But I do not begrudge other men who can pull off the look. More power to them.

This is unlike some super fat women who seem to have deluded themselves that they look good in a pair of daisy dukes, spandex or a revealing top (or worse....both) which shows that they have more chins than a Chinese phone book, and more skin folds than an origami artist would shy away from. (Need I cite some examples?)

Get my point now?
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by pomeranianpuppy View Post
    If that were true 5 inch heels and underwire bras wouldn't exist
    Or maybe they like wearing 5 inch heels and underwire bras?

Or maybe they like wearing 5 inch heels and underwire bras?
    MASOCHISTS!
    signature image

I believe that neither I nor AdobeARTIST are as naive as you accuse us of being.

I did not say that my thinking was absolute. I merely suggested that it was a good attitude to have.

I completely agree with your assessments as to why a woman would dress so sexily. But accusing me of being naive....that's crossing a line. I am every bit as cynical as you are. Just because I didn't mention the reasons you cited does not make me naive. Lack of mentioning certain points does not indicate ignorance of same.

Also, as for my response to Binraider.....that was a general response, regardless of gender...not so much a direct one. I was merely stating that I know my limitations, and where to draw the line when it comes to my personal appearance. I would love to be able to dress in a manner that would knock women off their socks, but, I would not presume to wear something that did not become my body type. Being the Bourbon St. rock star that I am, I just dress for my own comfort. I don't wear muscle shirts because I am not particularly muscular. In fact, even though I am not as fat as some dudes, I certainly would not fill out a muscle shirt properly. Like I said...acknowledging my limitations. But I do not begrudge other men who can pull off the look. More power to them.

This is unlike some super fat women who seem to have deluded themselves that they look good in a pair of daisy dukes, spandex or a revealing top (or worse....both) which shows that they have more chins than a Chinese phone book, and more skin folds than an origami artist would shy away from. (Need I cite some examples?)

Get my point now?
    OMG!!!!! XD XD

Both genders dress to create a certain image or to draw attention to or away from features they think of as their best or their worst.

To be admired is a great ego boost for people of either gender, but each of us seek to be admired - WHEN we seek to be admired! - on our own terms.

Thus a body builder may dress to show off powerful muscles, because s/he is proud of the work they put into their physique, whilst a banker or trader may dress very smartly in expensive clothing because they want to be seen as a sober and successful person who must be taken seriously.

Anyone who says they dress 'for themselves' - male or female - when they go out dressed up to the nines is not being entirely honest. They are dressing to be admired, and thus to feel good about themselves because they are admired. If they did not expect the admiration of others, they would not dress in that way.

Anyone genuinely dressing for themselves will almost always dress for comfort, whatever comfort may be in the place and time where they dwell.

It is, as others have said, simply not possible to tell anything about a person's sexual availability from how s/he dresses. As one example, a girl in a very short skirt may simply consider her legs to be her best feature and be thinking no further than that, or she may be seeking to impress one specific person in a crowd.

Anyone in the early stages of dating will surely try their best to impress, and that will include looking as good as the dating venue will allow. 'Looking good' being a cultural thing, you may not even be looking at what you think you are.

Interpreting clothing is an art, and one where there are no hard or fast rules that will always apply in every case.
    signature image

^Raise my children.

ROFL!
    signature image

omg, these pics
    signature image

obviously those outfits in them pics are super unflattering

but isn't it just as judgemental for people to laugh at them as it is for people to call scantily clad women slutty?
    signature image

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast