Page 2 of 15 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: THIEF - Voice Actors/Cast & Game Characters - General Discussion

THIEF - Voice Actors/Cast & Game Characters - General Discussion

Originally Posted by Statue
    There was some information regarding an opposition leader in the city, who is fighting against the oppression and dictatorship of the baron.

I think that rebel leader is Erin. (A pagan women maybe?)

It makes sense to put her up there, because the conflict is likely to take place between her and the watch captain, with garret somewhere inbetween.

Interesting. I thought the leader might be Basso... but I'm fine with a pagan female leader.

Originally Posted by shmouver
    Hmm...i just hope she isn't a sidekick or love interest like "CaptianObvious" said
    I'm not keen on the love interest route either, so hope not.
    I don't think she will be a sidekick to Garrett because he's a bit of a loner; but perhaps they help each other against a common enemy.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Erin is a combination of Adoring Fan from Oblivion and Marla Madison from TDS.

Kidding aside, I hope Erin is the Baron's henchwoman. I liked the tension of the Garrett/Viktoria relationship and wouldn't mind something like that in the new game. From what I can recall of the actress's performance in the episode of Haven she was in, I think she could make it work.

Originally Posted by :-D
    So, from that nugget in her (largely lewd) comments section, can we continue to assume that EM didn't really look too far afield for their acting talent?
    Judging by Thief's IMDB page....pretty much:

Romano Orzari as Garrett - born in Montreal (auditioned for Garrett there too)

Vanessa Matsui as Erin - ..also from Montreal

Neil Napier as Watch Captain - most likely from Montreal, he voices characters in the
    Assassin's Creed series..which is developed by Ubisoft Montreal...located in... Montreal

Convenient but uh, cmon guys .....I love Montreal too but that's not the only place with talented actors.

Off topic: The last time I had visited Montreal was 11 yrs ago to see my cousin xD. Nice place.

Well, Erin is the receptionist at the Dunder-Mifflin general thieving company, where Garrett becomes manager of the City branch.

Ion Storm Austin makes Deus Ex, arguably the greatest game ever made. Ion Storm Dallas makes Daikatana, arguably the worst doomsday game project ever attempted.

-----

Eidos Montréal Austin makes DXHR and goes out of their way to find the original voice actor of the first game's antagonist, to use his voice in the opening cinematic and post-credits snippet only.

Eidos Montréal Dallas claims their project Thief to be true to the originals. They just grab random actors from the neighborhood and couldn't care less.

Erin is a ghost who lives inside Garrett's blackjack.

Originally Posted by Maijstral
    Kidding aside, I hope Erin is the Baron's henchwoman. I liked the tension of the Garrett/Viktoria relationship and wouldn't mind something like that in the new game. From what I can recall of the actress's performance in the episode of Haven she was in, I think she could make it work.
    The Baron's henchwoman.... hmmm.
    Like you, I appreciate a little tension between characters.... so long as you really feel it, yeah.

I haven't seen any of Vanessa's work... I should go start looking.
    signature image

Either this Erin is a sidekick (I hope) or the antagonist. I watched a few vids of her and she doesn't have the voice of the steroetypical villain. Who knows, perhaps she has tremendous range.

To me, she sounds like she'd make a great love interest or young apprentice.

Sally, you cant fool me with that fake name!
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    Sally, you cant fool me with that fake name!
    Wait. You think Erin is the young taffer girl we see at the end of DS, right?
    signature image

That option is even more impossible than it was during the idle speculation phase because
    Originally Posted by Eidos Montréal
    It's not a sequel, it's not a prequel, it's a side thing

Tell Alex that then... he seems convinced its his Sally.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    That option is even more impossible than it was during the idle speculation phase because
    Side thing to me means "interquel" or something... like set between two games. Or a different protagonist running alongside, which we know it isn't... unless there happen to be two master thieves called Garrett in the city.

Just my speculation, but I doubt the IMDB list is extensive yet. If I had to guess I'd say these are notable characters that appear in the gameplay demo. So either Erin appears later (I will proceed to our E3 Q&A forum to ask about her!) or she is the model for the Statues in the courtyard. These Statues may or may not come to life seeking to "crush and grind and grind and crush and crush".
    "This city could do with more red." "That's our lives your talking about!" "I'll probably be horrified once I'm sober."

Yeah, the list isn't complete. I check occasionally for updates - nothing new as yet.
    signature image

I'm not saying the list is legit but it did say on Romano's IMDB (on his bio) that he was set to lend his voice on an Eidos Montreal game in 2014, and that was way before he was announced as Garrett's voice actor. So maybe there is a nugget of truth?

But then again, why does the list not have Basso and the other characters mentioned?

Originally Posted by dda
    Erin is a ghost who lives inside Garrett's blackjack.
    Hahahaha
    Soul Reaver anyone?

Originally Posted by razorstealth
    Just my speculation, but I doubt the IMDB list is extensive yet. If I had to guess I'd say these are notable characters that appear in the gameplay demo. So either Erin appears later (I will proceed to our E3 Q&A forum to ask about her!) or she is the model for the Statues in the courtyard. These Statues may or may not come to life seeking to "crush and grind and grind and crush and crush".
    Nope. There was no female voice during the demo. Heck, the only female I ran across happened to be deceased by the time arrived.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

19. I'm really hoping Erin, whoever she is, is anything but a love interest! Remember this quote from Garrett? "I've always equated feelings with getting caught, they both get in the way of my money."

I think if there was a serious love interest or relationship for Garrett in the new game, it would totally and completely change Garrett from being a Master Thief. Just my thoughts, though.

Originally Posted by contrarian
    Either this Erin is a sidekick (I hope) or the antagonist. I watched a few vids of her and she doesn't have the voice of the steroetypical villain. Who knows, perhaps she has tremendous range.

To me, she sounds like she'd make a great love interest or young apprentice.

Originally Posted by nightangel1987
    I think if there was a serious love interest or relationship for Garrett in the new game, it would totally and completely change Garrett from being a Master Thief. Just my thoughts, though.
    But many people who played TDS have already established in their heads that there was a serious paradigm shift in Garrett's personality during the game, because of god knows why, or "because taff you!". They often use it to propose continuities where Garrett would abandon his livelihood to lead a group with no purpose with the leadership skills of an asperger patient, or he would abduct and force a kid to a life of crime simply because of the "Forrest Gump feather effect". EM could simply be doing what those people are doing. Pulling the plot out of thin air.

Nah, really it wouldn't actually surprise me if EM's Garrett showed extremely anti-Garrett characteristics, because of the way they have already taken liberties with everything related to the game. I mean... they did already turn a woman into a bird and make Garrett's trade a game mechanic rather than a canon means of survival.

Well, Garrett is very lonely person, he is "forever alone" guy, who, in fact, if had any contact with interesting for him female, would easily fall in love.

He's a guy, who prefers to have very tiny company of friends, but very close and loyal friends(Basso for example, he did a lot of things for Basso), and this proves his easily-falling-in-love ability.

Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    Ion Storm Austin makes Deus Ex, arguably the greatest game ever made. Ion Storm Dallas makes Daikatana, arguably the worst doomsday game project ever attempted.

-----

Eidos Montréal Austin makes DXHR and goes out of their way to find the original voice actor of the first game's antagonist, to use his voice in the opening cinematic and post-credits snippet only.

Eidos Montréal Dallas claims their project Thief to be true to the originals. They just grab random actors from the neighborhood and couldn't care less.
    If history has shown us anything, it repeats itself.
    If history has shown us anything, it repeats itself.
    signature image

Originally Posted by janiashvili
    Well, Garrett is very lonely person, he is "forever alone" guy, who, in fact, if had any contact with interesting for him female, would easily fall in love.

He's a guy, who prefers to have very tiny company of friends, but very close and loyal friends(Basso for example, he did a lot of things for Basso), and this proves his easily-falling-in-love ability.
    But there is a world of difference between 'being alone' and 'loneliness', no?
    signature image

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    But there is a world of difference between 'being alone' and 'loneliness', no?
    Thing is, there is interference. You can be alone whole your life, but there sometimes are moments, that you wish to not be alone, you feel loneliness.... It's anguish rather...

If you choose to be a loner; then it is usually what you prefer.... you enjoy being alone. It leaves you with a pleasant emotion.
    Lonliness, on the other hand, is an unwanted feeling of isolation that results in unpleasant emotions.
    signature image

Page 2 of 15 First First 12345612 ... Last