Thread: Recorder and Video editing

Thumbs Up Recorder and Video editing

Hey guys i'm going to do some TR videos, but i would like to know what recorder and video editing software i should get/buy?

Hm. Depends, I assume you're playing on PC.

I have simply used Windows Movie maker, which is free, for editing videos. It's an okay program, it's simple.

Fraps is the only video recording on PC that I know of (though there are probably tons more).

Fraps is free, but you have to pay for the full version, to record longer than 30 seconds and without watermarks.

I quite like Fraps since its very simple. A lot of people I know like Dxtory though. Never used it myself.

As far as editing if you don't want nothing too fancy Windows Movie Maker will do the job. Of course if you want some expensive and lots of ability Sony Vegas is nice but there is a huge learning curve.

But sometimes Fraps has a chance of making video corrupted or something if you recording it for super long time frames (talking straight hours here) and then try to load them into WMM.

Of course if you have a computer that might struggle running a recording and playing a game on good settings at the same time you can also look into capture cards, but they are pretty expensive. But can also be used for console recording as well. As far as what may be good for that I don't know. But quite a lot of people use them on youtube and post their specs on their channel page.

Personally WMM/Fraps is what I use for game videos and it works for me. Quality can be made quite good.
    Example video (TR spoilers here kinda): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD44doC7xYk

Edit: theres a lot of buts in that 4th paragraph O.o

For editing that depends on the user, there are two that I alternate between depending on the type of editing I am doing, there is Adobe Premier and Sony Vegas. both have demos so try both, maybe you will like both the hot keys are almost identical between them which is nice for people like me who alternate.

Fraps is an excellent capture utility it can make HUGE files, I dont like that much, I should play with fraps more really.

I use Hauppage HD PVR 2....it is an excellent recording device, and you can record from PS3/Xbox 360/ and even PC.

With a PS3 (and this will likely be the case for any external video recording device) you can only record at a max of 1080i (which is nothing to sneeze at, certainly) using the component cable adapter (because of Sony's HDCP copy protection protocol for HDMI), but you can record from HDMI off of Xbox 360 or PC (both in 1080p).

I've had excellent quality from the recorder. Hooked up to a PC to record onto a hard drive, the Hauppage will record up to about 3.99GB of Hi Def 1080i video for PS3...so, roughly about 45 minutes of video in one swoop. If you wish to record long game sessions, you'll have to record the footage up to about 45 minutes at a time if you use 1080i resolution.

(I even backed up my blu-ray of Star Trek(2009) and the picture and sound quality is excellent. I had to record it in 4 - 30 minute segments though. But, when playing back on my HDTV's media reader via external HDD....I could swear I was watching the blu-ray itself.)

I think the Hauppage HD PVR2 ran about $120 to $150. Can't remember. It uses software by ArcSoft, and you can edit your videos and either turn them into playable media on your PC, or upload them directly to YouTube.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    I use Fraps for recording. Good program with very little footprint.

For Video Editing I like Sony Vegas 10 Platinum.

Just to give you an idea. This is a video I used Fraps and Movie Maker

This is one I used Sony Vegas 10.

Thumbs Up

Wauw thank you all for the responses, i might get a device for recording i think it would be better for me. For the editing i did some research and found CyberLink PowerDirector 11 and i really like it. Do you know some more about recording devices? Also i play on pc and again thanks!

game capturing and video editing

Quote Originally Posted by Chiika View Post
    Hey guys i'm going to do some TR videos, but i would like to know what recorder and video editing software i should get/buy?
    I also tried to search an ideally game capturing video editing software for me to recording the game and upload to youtube, neither of them are not compatible well with the game or too expensive, now I'm using SmartPixel, I think it is quite awesome for me to deal with my game videos.

Quote Originally Posted by alexshawn View Post
    I also tried to search an ideally game capturing video editing software for me to recording the game and upload to youtube, neither of them are not compatible well with the game or too expensive, now I'm using SmartPixel, I think it is quite awesome for me to deal with my game videos.
    I'm gonna try that thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiika View Post
    Wauw thank you all for the responses, i might get a device for recording i think it would be better for me. For the editing i did some research and found CyberLink PowerDirector 11 and i really like it. Do you know some more about recording devices? Also i play on pc and again thanks!
    There is a piece of useful article you may follow to get a recording program:

Top 5 Free Screen Recording Softwares For Windows

I think you can get a one of them above to deal with your task.

Personally, I have Camstudio (open-source) in my toolbox, it can record screen activity and sound into standard AVI video files for Windows, or optionally record directly to Flash SWF for small streamable movie files with lossless compression.

If you want to convert them to a more managable file format like mp4 or wmv, then you may use video converter from AppGeeker, converts most common audio and video formats.

Anyway, try them out and at least you will be able to see exactly what their performance should look like.

For video record, camtasia is good, but it is a paid software. for video editor you can choose windows movie maker.

Try bandicam. You'll get a ad on the top of your vid, but the sound sync's up nicely.

You can use filmora wondershare for video recording and editing purpose or use Open Broadcast Software or OBS totally free version.https://10bestresults.com/best-free-...der-softwares/