Thread: Title Update #3 | Updated 4/9

Title Update #3 | Updated 4/9

Hello All!

Title Update #3 for the Xbox 360 is now live across all territories. The PlayStation 3 update is pending.

Update notes below. In regards to the Chasm Monastary and Block & Tackle bugs, please let us know if you are now able to progress!

New Issues fixed in Title Update 3

Single Player
    • Resolved situation in which combat would not spawn the next encounter on Chasm Bridge, halting player progress. [Dedicated Thread]
    • Fixed an issue in Shipwreck Beach where if a player skipped content they would be unable to progress due to not receiving the compound bow from Jonah. This was known as the “Block & Tackle” bug. The update should address this issue for players who have already encountered the bug. Fixed a similar issue where the block and tackle itself was inaccessible while on the galleon. [Dedicated Thread]
    • Resolved issue where players were able to proceed through Shipwreck beach without the compound bow.
    • Addressed issues with visibility and movement of sea mines in Shipwreck Beach.
    • Addressed issue where skipped cinematics were preventing saving your discovery of the next campsite in Mountain Base (Radio Tower Basecamp) and Chasm Monastery (Sacred Hall Basecamp).
    • Resolved issue with fire arrows blocking progress in the Tomb of Lost Adventurer.
    • Fixed issue in Coastal Forest where reloading last checkpoint generated an incorrect objective.
    • Resolved a rare issue in Shantytown where the player path could be gated following a combat encounter.
    • Addressed a situation while re-traversing the Cliffside Bunker where the world would not load as you exited the roof.
    • Fixed rare case where gondolas would drop prematurely in Shipwreck Beach making traversal difficult.
    • Resolved issue in Tomb of the Unworthy where basecamp discovery notification would play at the incorrect time.
    • Fixed crash that occurred only on Korean Language.
    • Addressed visibility issue when toggling Square Enix Trailers on PS3.
    • Polished timing of Czech subtitles.

Multiplayer
    • Improved how Lobbies handle users with Downloadable Content/Additional Content maps, allowing friends to play together.
    • Implemented additional Downloadable Content/Additional Content matchmaking options menu.
    • Added notifications for Downloadable Content/Additional Content matchmaking options.
    • Addressed an issue where a black screen would appear after accepting a friend invite and removing the Ethernet Cable.
    • Fixed a rare multiplayer crash.
    • Addressed an issue with empty text characters not displaying on PC and PS3.
    • Adjust unit of measurement for time played in Online Profiles.
    • Added an option to search All game types in matchmaking.
    • Resolved an occasional issue where Salvage Crates wouldn’t respawn after Host Migration.
    • Retuned Shopaholic Achievement by excluding The Oni General from the achievement requirement.

can i know when exactly the ps3 update is?

Quote Originally Posted by ivaneiroX View Post
    can i know when exactly the ps3 update is?
    I'm waiting for an update myself! I'll update the OP as soon as I've got news.

Is this for PC too?

Quote Originally Posted by LuisTR View Post
    Is this for PC too?
    Nope, despite the mention of PC in the patch notes, the PC patches occur separately from the console title updates. The last patch for PC was on March 29th, here.

Awesome console update by the way, I notice some nice things from the last PC patch as well as some that PC doesn't have yet
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

Thank you so much for your work. Now I can go on. Thank you

Anyone know if this fixes the chasm shrine issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    Nope, despite the mention of PC in the patch notes, the PC patches occur separately from the console title updates. The last patch for PC was on March 29th, here.

Awesome console update by the way, I notice some nice things from the last PC patch as well as some that PC doesn't have yet
    Ah, I see. Thanks for your answer.

I hope they release a patch for PC though because my game keeps crashing randomly but... That is off-topic here. lol

Great work, Meagan and CD!

Is this patch's fixes available with the last PC patch? or do we have to wait longer for Nixxes to rustle us up some of those fixes?
    signature image

please guys release it for ps3!! i wan't to play!

Hi just had 3 update on ps3 i have finally got past the chasm glitch. Thank you for the update. So happy

Thanks guys! downloading it right now

The chasm glitch isn't fixed for me. All the textures and stuff are still missing on ps3 with 1.03 update.

W00t! Now for the PC patch! *anticipatedly wating*

I bought the Xbox 360 version brand new and there are loads of sounds which aren't even playing. I deleted the patch and it seems to fix the issue however, I shouldn't have to delete the patch just to fix an issue created by a newer one. The game needs re patching with audio actually "working" there are tons of lines which characters don't even say because of this bug.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlade View Post
    I bought the Xbox 360 version brand new and there are loads of sounds which aren't even playing. I deleted the patch and it seems to fix the issue however, I shouldn't have to delete the patch just to fix an issue created by a newer one. The game needs re patching with audio actually "working" there are tons of lines which characters don't even say because of this bug.
    Any examples. I'm playing Xbox and haven't noticed anything amiss.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Any examples. I'm playing Xbox and haven't noticed anything amiss.
    The easiest most noticeable example is when Lara gets impaled by the spike on the first level. She doesn't do the first shriek of pain, there's just a gap in it.

THIS is how it SHOULD be

EDIT: FOUND VIDEO FOOTAGE SO IT'S NOT JUST ME.
    THIS IS HOW IT IS

There are tons of other places with missing music for example where Lara is walking across the tree after the Survival Den (First Level) there is none of that music it's just blank.

Another one which comes to my mind is when Roth is covering Lara in the shanty town. After she falls Roth says something like "I thought I'd lost you girl" or something and he doesn't say that line he just says "Lara get out of there" which should be said directly after that.

I've played this countless times on the PS3 & PC and have never had such issues. It just sounds very odd because i expect characters to say things and there's just a complete gap in the speech. These were just a small sample of the issues, there are loads more.

Does anyone else have this?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlade View Post
    Well I'm on PS3 and while sound effects and dialogue work perfectly fine for me I'm having an issue where the background music sometimes gets stuck. This has been happening since the game was first released and is still happening today. I've heard from a few other people on PS3 also having some audio problems where all of their audio completely disappears. It seems the game definitely has some audio issues for some players. Hopefully whoever is in charge of making patches/title updates for this game is looking into this.

To clarify: for me the music is not missing, it does indeed play, but it gets stuck. For others the music (as well as some sound effects) seems to completely disappear. Very odd indeed.

So it's been a while since the last patch/title update and while most issues seem to have been fixed there are still a few users experiencing some issues. I was just wondering if another patch is in the works in order to fix the remaining few issues in the game. Or has CD stopped support for the game?

I'm also wondering if there will be more patches. My Tomb Raider worked perfectly before all of these patches to fix glitches I never had. Now my game lags so bad I can't play it. I have already beaten it but would really like to continue enjoying the game and replay it. Which is currently frustrating. Every step is lagged and occasionally getting me stuck on blades of grass. I repeat, this was NOT an issue before the patches took place. If this could be fixed, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayasura View Post
    I'm also wondering if there will be more patches. My Tomb Raider worked perfectly before all of these patches to fix glitches I never had. Now my game lags so bad I can't play it. I have already beaten it but would really like to continue enjoying the game and replay it. Which is currently frustrating. Every step is lagged and occasionally getting me stuck on blades of grass. I repeat, this was NOT an issue before the patches took place. If this could be fixed, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    What platform are you playing on? PS3? Xbox 360? If you are on PS3 try restoring the file system followed by rebuilding the database. That usually does wonders for fixing problems on the PS3. A lot of "tech gurus" recommend you do this once every six months in order to keep your PS3 running smooth.

Anyway, I would also like to do another playthrough of this amazing game, but it sucks to have to start over from scratch every time you want to do another run. A NEW GAME+ feature would have been really nice. (Where you get to replay the game from the beginning but you keep your gear from your previous playthrough).

Hi everyone,
    My PC can not play Tomb Raider on max settings even I got enough spec for it:
    Windows 8 pro 64bit
    Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 3,30ghz
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 660Ti SC 2GB Edition
    16Gb Ram; HDD: 1TB and SSD: 128gb (for windows only)

I have found out on internet (maybe not right) that windows 8.1 makes Tomb Raider lock down these feature: Tressfx, tessellation, high precious; it lock down those settings, too: High, Ultra settings and Anti-aliasing (it gave me 2 choices: off or FXAA). Even I tried custom settings, it still provides me a very bad quality (it still locks all feature of directx11):

(click image to enlarge)

I have played it max before (using wins 7 64bit ultimate)

(click image to enlarge)

But some people replied that they still got maximum settings (tressfx on, tessellation on, high precious on and not be forced to turn on 2XAA or 4XAA).
    Please, I have post one on this technical support but seems like no one is gonna fix for this 1 year old game