Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood omen modding thread

Blood omen modding thread

edit: 30/11-2015. i have not worked on this mod for ages, but i have been replaying the series up until defiance and naturally i started thinking about my old mod. here is the link to the mod http://www.mediafire.com/download/96...a2f5b/kain.tpf

you also need enb http://enbdev.com/download_mod_generic.htm and http://enbdev.com/convertor_dx8_dx9_v0036.htm just place the enbfiles in the first folder, use the wrapper version.

fianlly to get the game to run with texmod you need texmod itself https://code.google.com/p/texmod/downloads/list

i use texmod 0.9 myself, i have no idea if umod works.

also you need to disable game’s movies. In a file game.erg you need to modify PlayMovie=1 to PlayMovie=0. Otherwise the game will crash

i am currently doing som retextures on Blood omen 2 and tought a new post would be a good idea to show off my and hopefully others mods.

to use texmod in blood omen 2 you will need this http://www.enbdev.com/convertor_dx8_dx9_v0035.htm place it in the folder with the .exe file. then you need to go to the data folder and findt the game.erg file ande set playmovie = 0 otherwise the game will crash. this only disables the intro and outro, so its no big deal.

ill start by showing off vorador with a new look

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

startling what some new paint could do to him huh?

(click image to enlarge)

faustus has got a new leather coat and more detailed hair

(click image to enlarge)

i have refitted kain with some textures made by thehylden. this skin is a heavy customised to look like a cross between elder and young kain. he has all the detail of elder kain but i made it pale. i tried to just put the texture on him like it was but yellowish young kaindid not look right. the gauntlets and spaulders have been given a metallic lookand the pants look like leather. im still tweaking it but vorador has claimed a lot of my time.

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by Uggabugg; 30th Nov 2015 at 21:41.
    signature image

Hey, that looks pretty cool. I like what you did with Vorador's eyes. I never understood why they made his eyes pure yellow in that game.

He does look much better, than in the vanilla game.

yeah the original vorador texture is pretty strange. i have been trying to make him as close to soul reaver 2 and defiance as possible, but the model itself is really restrictive. it warps the texture in some places, and the model just does not look like vorador at all

(click image to enlarge)

a much more advanced version of my vorador mod. this is how the texture that gets wrapped around the model looks like. i have painted and improved on more or less every single detail on him, but im still not satisfied. i will probably work a little more on the face, dragons and belt. the text on the belt is a placeholder im still not sure if i will add any text there or not. the boots are also not finished but are placeholders made from the hyldens kain model. i just needed to see if i could make the hideous slalom boots he used to wear could be made more interesting :P

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

his face is now a mix between his soul reaver 2 and blood omen 2 texture. i think it looks way better than he used to look.
    signature image

Errr... I dig your Vorador, but Kain... just leave him be for now.

why would i leave kain alone?
    signature image

Well, for one, he wasn't half bad in BO2. And I didn't like neither how your edit looked, nor the direction you're going with. So I suggest you to leave him.

I suggest you do whatever you want with Kain. Make him a woman if you want. Its your mod. Do what you want. And if someone offers you some some constructive critisisim accept it, and alter your textures (or dont) based on it.

But dont get discouraged because someone with their butt puckered a little too tight suggests that you stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Strands Of Night View Post
    I suggest you do whatever you want with Kain. Make him a woman if you want. Its your mod. Do what you want. And if someone offers you some some constructive critisisim accept it, and alter your textures (or dont) based on it.

But dont get discouraged because someone with their butt puckered a little too tight suggests that you stop.
    Well, you sure do like looking at others' butts and the ways they are, aren't you?

well i can't please everyone i guess. but if or when i get back to kain, the face and torso will be reworked. kain as a woman you say, hmmmm
    signature image

I think Kain looks too horrific for that stage in his life. He should still resemble a human. I think that you're trying to make him look like some bridge between Blood Omen Kain and Soul Reaver Kain, and if that's the case, ease up on the.... I'm not sure what to call it. The wrinkles? You could put some in, to show the direction he's headed, but he's supposed to easily pass for a human in that game remember.

Let's keep it civil, fellas.

On Kain passing for human: I'm thinking he's using his Beguile spell, or the people of Nosgoth really are half blind, lol (talking about the original BO2 Kain in the game). Pure gray/white skin, elongated proportions, especially ears, back lips, white eyes (should be yellow with red boarder, BO2 team...), long, black claws ... if they think he's a human looking like that without some type of spell being used, they deserve all he has coming to them

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Let's keep it civil, fellas.

On Kain passing for human: I'm thinking he's using his Beguile spell, or the people of Nosgoth really are half blind, lol (talking about the original BO2 Kain in the game). Pure gray/white skin, elongated proportions, especially ears, back lips, white eyes (should be yellow with red boarder, BO2 team...), long, black claws ... if they think he's a human looking like that without some type of spell being used, they deserve all he has coming to them
    Well, the game takes place during nighttime and I assume Kain has better night vision than humans. Besides, when he's not fighting, his hands are clenched in fists, so the claws aren't visible, his hair probably hides his ears and his eyes are actually more bluish-gray than white.

Except this happens indoors with Sarafan "magical light, so gentle and bright" on, in Taverns, in homes, etc. Kain's eyes are grayish when not shimmering, like they are in the intro and outro. I think they're meant to be white, but white on pure white would be hard to see. His claws aren't really hide-able in fist mode, given they have claws on him in the game that are half his finger long. Plus, he constantly points at everyone, lol

I swear, you could probably get very drunk making a drinking game out of taking a shot each time Kain points at someone/thing

His ears very much do not get covered by his hair. They're sticking out like elf ears.

Low light, or not, if I see this in an alley:

Katy, bar the door. I'm running for the nearest vampire extermination squad!

yeah im with thehylden on this one. Kain could not possibly hope to pass as human looking like that.i will see about toning the crossed over features down. i just made that texture to see if i could that's all
    signature image

"Plus, he constantly points at everyone, lol"

just remembered.. it´s so funny.. that means that when he has fists, the claws go through his hand...ouch.

does anyone know if a free camera mod exists for this game? or at least a way to rotate the camera around kain
    signature image

I don't believe so. I think it's only the SR2 and Defiance trainers that let you directly move the camera with absolute freedom. In BO1, SR1 and BO2 you are kind of limited by what the camera can do normally. You can get creative with some tricks to get nice shots - I'd perhaps advise fiddling around with the options on the BO2 trainer - useful bits I have used before for screenshots include removing the Kain and aiming reticles, or by tricking the camera into corners. Mist and Charm are probably your best friends for manipulating close shots.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

thanks for the tips. i have to start at cut scenes to get a good look at Kain from the front. but the camera is rarely all that close to him. im currently working on his rib and scar area, but the texture stretches a lot so im struggling a bit with it.
    signature image

Ah I see, Kain might be a different matter .
    Looking through it, even in our BO2 cutscene image and screenshot galleries, there's not a whole lot of captures of Kain's face. I guess judicious captures from cutscenes, promotional images and wallpapers might be the best shot for Kain, otherwise tricking the camera in corners is my best immediate idea.
    I do have one possible suggestion - boot up Bonus mode/"For Bonus Kain" from the trainer or gamesave and run to the Smuggler's Den door. I'm not sure how widespread this is, but mine usually goes it a bit glitchy when the level loads, often leading to this situation:

(click image to enlarge)
    It's not amazing, but it's a start
    I'll let you know if I remember any other tricks
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

what i usually do is play the cutscene with vorador, as it has some nice closeups. thought when i get to the next outfit i have no idea what to do. find a new cutscene i guess.

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

i consider myself done with Vorador and Kain`s first outfit for now. i want to move on to other textures. if anyone want to have them i will upload all i have done so far at mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/?9691msb5sca2f5b

Now i am doing swords

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

Didn't like: the face. Though it's a big improvement over the last one, I still don't think his face needs any changes in the "making it a merger between BO1 and SR1" skin-wise. It took Kain more than a millenium to grow the hardened chitin-like skin.
    What I like: the scar, the eyes. You really nailed the eyes, I love that, they have that predatory look about them. The scar a big improvement in looks and continuity. Those two were steps in a very right direction.

thank you count D. i agree with you on the face it still needs work, but for now om going to let the texture rest and marinate while i work on weapons and other outfits. and please don't hesitate to point out things that could be better.
    signature image

Gorechild it's cool. Finally I found your page. I have one question. When can we expect new releases?

well the last thing i worked on was this

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

the second outfit has a bit of a dragon motif. i figured the clothes came from Vorador so why not

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

The 3rd outfit is still work in progress. i made the hood black as i had some trouble with the texture stretching, the black helps hide it a bit. and it look nice so im keeping it that way for now
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast