Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC Patch Released - 1.0.732.1 - March 29th 2013

PC Patch Released - 1.0.732.1 - March 29th 2013

We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Tomb Raider, build 1.01.732.1. This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

New fixes in 732.1:

- Fixed an issue in ”Chasm Monastery” where the player cannot progress after fighting the Oni.
    - New community requested graphics option ‘Screen Effects’ to disable camera-based full screen effects like water and blood drops.
    - Fixed last campsite save not always updating when expected.
    - Various small optimizations.
    - Various minor UI fixes.
    - Minor graphics fixes.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, Build730.0, that can be used to switch back to the previous version. Please note however that you can only play multiplayer with people that share your version.

Unfortunately we do not yet have a resolution for the players that are experiencing crashes and major graphical corruption on NVIDIA hardware. We are still working on this with NVIDIA and hope to have an update soon.

We are planning further patches beyond this one to address various issue. We always welcome your feedback!

- New community requested graphics option ‘Screen Effects’ to disable camera-based full screen effects like water and blood drops.

I must say that when a company hear the customers requests, it deserves BIG respect!

You guys are a GEM for PC Gamers. Thank you for the GREAT support!

Cheers.

Wow, you guys are patching TR for PC with improvements AND community requests like there's no tomorrow!

Definitely impressed with the speed and the content of the patches
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

Wow, I have to give major props to you guys. The patches you have put out for the game since release have been very helpful. The fact that you are adding more options that the community has expressed interest in is very nice. Actually practically unheard of for most games. :P You have definitely earned my respect and keep up the good work.

- Fixed an issue in ”Chasm Monastery” where the player cannot progress after fighting the Oni.

Still stuck ... The patch doesn't fix the bug ...

Hexagons are gone with this patch (when disabling through in game menu)! There was 3 kinds of camera effects in this game. The on screen water droplets, the simulated blood splatter when taking damage and the hexagons. I didn't mind the first two but hated the hexagons. Apparently to get rid of one they had to get rid of all of them. I would rather they just got rid of the hexagons and kept the rest but if I had to give up the two to get rid of the hexagons then I'm ok with it. Those Tinkerbell hexagons had to go.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3 1600 , EVGA GTX 680, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Z-5500 5.1, Corsair TX750w, Windows 7 Pro x64

nvidia surround and tressfx still don't work since 718.4 version...please take a look

Quote Originally Posted by murdavs View Post
    nvidia surround and tressfx still don't work since 718.4 version...please take a look
    "Unfortunately we do not yet have a resolution for the players that are experiencing crashes and major graphical corruption on NVIDIA hardware. We are still working on this with NVIDIA and hope to have an update soon."

We are definitely looking into it!

Quote Originally Posted by SE_LaTanya View Post
    "Unfortunately we do not yet have a resolution for the players that are experiencing crashes and major graphical corruption on NVIDIA hardware. We are still working on this with NVIDIA and hope to have an update soon."

We are definitely looking into it!
    the same for AMD Eyefinity, still not working on that either. please look into this. im using a 7950

Thanks for the patch. It's nice to get rid of those ugly screen effects, but still have the lens flares which I actually like. Is there any hope for a toggle to turn off the "shaky cam" in a future patch?

Textbook example of how game creators SHOULD treat their pc gamer fan base. Pc gamers give respect where respect is due which sadly is becoming all too rare these days but this is the reason why you guys get plenty of it. Keep up the awesome work and as long as you keep making kick ass pc games along with your excellent support that comes with it, you'll always get my money. Well done guys 'n' gals.

Has anyone else noticed a decent-sized drop in their benchmark performance with this patch?

Ultra settings + 2x SSAA (2560x1600). SweetFX preset from here.

1.0.730.0 with SweetFX
    Min FPS: 88.0
    Max FPS: 124.5
    Average FPS: 106.8

1.0.732.1 with SweetFX
    Min FPS: 77.2
    Max FPS: 104.9
    Average FPS: 92.9

1.0.730.0 without SweetFX
    Min FPS: 97.3
    Max FPS: 140.1
    Average FPS: 119.6

1.0.732.1 without SweetFX
    Min FPS: 85.4
    Max FPS: 114.6
    Average FPS: 102.0

I've verified benchmarks for both versions multiple times using the downgraded 730.0 beta on Steam.

2x EVGA NVIDIA GTX 690s in Quad-SLI (GeForce Drivers 314.22)
    Intel i7-3770K (overclocked to 4.2 Ghz)
    16GB (4x4GB) Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600Mhz

I previously reported erratic animation on TressFX hair in the benchmark scene. This was "fixed" in patch 730 or at least it did not occur. Now with patch 732.1 and Geforce drivers 314.22 this behaviour is back.

Performance stayed the same on my system. However I will not start playing the main storyline until the Nvidia issues are resolved. Hopefully Nixxes is getting the fix ready now any day.

Thank you so much for the screen effects option, once again brilliant job Nixxes

---------------
    p.s. in case not seen elsewhere
    now the only thing in SP I would love to see is ability to start new game while keeping the weapons and other unlocks in place, would add a lot to the replayability value of the game.
    + it would be great to be able to select older weapon variants once the weapon is upgraded, but that might be more tricky

and for xbox360? Does someone know when it will be released ? I'm stuck in the "Chasm Monastery"..

i'm getting bored of weekly updates that do more damage than good. i haven't tested v730 properly yet. i suppose what the community demands, the community gets.

i actually got to post before the thread is closed this time!

Thx. for option to disable camera-effects

i like the blood/water splatter. although i don't like it being hexagonal water/blood drops. something more real would be nice, like it flow slowly down the screen, and real drop shapes, maybe a little smaller and more intense in colour.

i have crashes with this new patch in random places D: didnt happen before
    playing on w7 64bits, core i5, 4gb ram, radeon hd 6470m

My game (MP) just freezed after this Patch, never had this issue before.
    signature image

Could we get a higher bitrate intro video in the next update? You can see squares and it's annoying even on a 720 screen. The first bik/bink video.

Quote Originally Posted by daaceking View Post
    Could we get a higher bitrate intro video in the next update? You can see squares and it's annoying even on a 720 screen. The first bik/bink video.
    Seriously??

Edit: Is it just me or normal (No TressFX) hair acts little better on wind now??
    And i got +5fps with this update!!
    signature image

no i'm not serious, i just like writing words.

Thanks for the updates guys but what about disable the auto camera, is it something you looking into fix ?

The camera that follows Lara all the time, the auto cam is driving me nuts so please make it a option to disable it so we can play with full camera control please!

Thank you very much for the update Nixxes, especially in regards to adding community requested features. You're doing an excellent job at getting updates and fixes out quickly, and I don't think I'm alone when I say I really appreciate the work you're doing.

It's a shame that not all issues have yet been resolved, but I trust that you are working your hardest to do something about them.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast