Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomb of the Lost Adventurer Glitches Preventing Completion

Tomb of the Lost Adventurer Glitches Preventing Completion

I burned everything as I needed but my plane never broke. can't compete the tomb. I burned the 4 areas.

Exclamation Tomb of the Lost Adventurer

I have gone through and burned all the necessary areas to drop the plane to various points, however, the last one, which would make the plane snap in half (according to a video I found), is not working. Everything is burning but no broken plane to allow me to continue to beat the rest of the tomb. I go back and restart the check point but it does not start the tomb over. I can't complete it.

The plane broke for me but it's broken in such a way that it's impossible to complete the DLC.

It's supposed to break with the tail section sitting in the Y-section of a tree but, for me, it's sat outside that so climbing into the plane results in getting thrown out of it all the time.

Edit: This is the issue http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...8&postcount=17 looks like it's been reported.

Tomb of the Lost Adventurer Glitch

I entered the tomb today and tried to solve the puzzle as I always do but when i burned down the second tree Lara suddenly said "One more should do it".
    After burning down the third tree the plane broke in two halfs like it always does when you solve the puzzle

You can climb on it after burning the crates and get to the treasure chest but as soon as you burn the last tree this happens:

btw I still have the save file in case you want to have a look at it yourself

I have burned everything and the plane wont drop. I went back to a previous check point and entered the tomb and it was as I left it. I don't know if I can redownload it or not. Very frustrating, keeping me from 100%

Bug in the tomb of the lost adventurer

I have found a bug with crashing plane in that location. My plane is always crashing after I burn only 3 tree. And with some result: . I can jump on plane tail, but when i trying to climb on, that tree trow me from tail.

System:
    Windows 7x64, Intel i7 2600k, Sapphire Radeon HD7970, 8GB RAM, OCZ vertex 3 128GB.
    Catalyst 13.3b3.

P.S. In the end I complete this location with normal settings and burning 1,2,4 trees(Clockwise). I assume that there is a bug with game physics.

I have also encountered this problem. I returned to this tomb only before entering the final level, so I already had a "fire arrows". When I went in I saw many places that could be "burned" so I did that - althought many trees was said will be burned only with some "special" tactics the pile of barrels and boxes at the right burned very well. So I think the problem is that this pile was supposed to fall to the tree below the plain after the lamp will fire it while for me it just burned and fell down.
    It's a pity we can't "reset" the tomb, it is saved at it's corrupted state now.

I'd like to also confirm that this is a common bug too as it was one of (the only) bugs i experienced in my playthroughs so far. Dissapointing considering I had to pay for it too! I have video proof that I posted elsewhere last week but got no response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdbV-Vyrx9Y

Quote Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
    I'd like to also confirm that this is a common bug too as it was one of (the only) bugs i experienced in my playthroughs so far. Dissapointing considering I had to pay for it too! I have video proof that I posted elsewhere last week but got no response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdbV-Vyrx9Y
    Got the same exact problem which i think has to do in which order you do the fires. Im guessing i got no choice than to restart the game to fix it....

Exclamation

We do apologize for the inconvenience everyone has encountered. We were able to reproduce the glitch and have found the following workaround.

You will need to restart the Challenge Tomb from the beginning and start burning the post from the far right first and work your way backwards. After burning the far right post and the post after the plane should drop all the way. Then proceed to throw the lantern in the plane to clear the boxes. Then proceed to climb the plane has normally intended.

Please note that with this workaround that two of the four posts are not burned. Due to the glitch, the plane will prematurely fall but still allow Lara to reach the cache in this tomb.

Please let us know if this workaround has helped.

Quote Originally Posted by SE_Param View Post
    We do apologize for the inconvenience everyone has encountered. We were able to reproduce the glitch and have found the following workaround.

You will need to restart the Challenge Tomb from the beginning and start burning the post from the far right first and work your way backwards. After burning the far right post and the post after the plane should drop all the way. Then proceed to throw the lantern in the plane to clear the boxes. Then proceed to climb the plane has normally intended.

Please note that with this workaround that two of the four posts are not burned. Due to the glitch, the plane will prematurely fall but still allow Lara to reach the cache in this tomb.

How do we restart it though? I can't figure that out. I have tried to go back to previous saves and check points and the tomb was still in the same condition I left it. I have beaten the game since then.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiko View Post
    How do we restart it though? I can't figure that out. I have tried to go back to previous saves and check points and the tomb was still in the same condition I left it. I have beaten the game since then.
    Unfortunately the only way to restart the Tomb is to either start another play-through or if you have a previous save file before you started the Tomb revert back to that save.

I will confirm this for you this afternoon going anticlockwise didn't occur to me, so I'll give it a shot.

Could I direct your attention to a thread I posted in the General Tomb Raider 2013 forum titled "Tomb Raider in Japan" two days ago. I am hoping to get the attention of SE if you could have a quick squizz. http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=136350

Is this only happening on PC?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Is this only happening on PC?
    All of the complaints I've seen...Yes.

SE, I tried your suggested method and it didn't work...Reloaded from a previous save earlier in the game too.

Quote Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
    All of the complaints I've seen...Yes.

SE, I tried your suggested method and it didn't work...Reloaded from a previous save earlier in the game too.

Do tou tried this?:
    1) Lower your settings
    2) Burn 1,2,4 tries clockwise

I too had the problem with the tree branch not allowing me to climb up the plane...
    This is what i did and managed to continue:
    I reloaded the last checkpoint and was taken in front of the tomb entrance, entered the tomb only to find the plane in the same situation, with the tree branch sticking out like before, but this time Lara was able to climb up and through the branch (as if it wasn't there) to the ledge in the back .....

Had same problem. As stated it must have something to do with the order of burning. I played it twice with no problems and then the last two times I've played it I've had this problem. I can't remember what order I did when I didn't have the problem. It's like hit or miss on the order.

This is a bad glitch that is not being fixed. The workaround is sloppy and is not addressing the problem.

As the last poster stated, I got through it the same way. Exited back to menu, reloaded last save, went back in the tomb. Tomb was the same way I left it with the tree limb still stuck through the plane. This time though I could now go up in the plane through the tree limb like it wasn't there and complete the tomb mission.

Please fix this.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3 1600 , EVGA GTX 680, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Z-5500 5.1, Corsair TX750w, Windows 7 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
    Had same problem. As stated it must have something to do with the order of burning. I played it twice with no problems and then the last two times I've played it I've had this problem. I can't remember what order I did when I didn't have the problem. It's like hit or miss on the order.

This is a bad glitch that is not being fixed. The workaround is sloppy and is not addressing the problem.

As the last poster stated, I got through it the same way. Exited back to menu, reloaded last save, went back in the tomb. Tomb was the same way I left it with the tree limb still stuck through the plane. This time though I could now go up in the plane through the tree limb like it wasn't there and complete the tomb mission.

Please fix this.
    No-one has said they are not fixing it. They have just suggested a workaround.
    signature image

I never said they are not fixing it but notice it was never said it was going to be fixed either. All that was offered was a pretty sloppy workaround. A lot better workaround was as I stated.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3 1600 , EVGA GTX 680, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Z-5500 5.1, Corsair TX750w, Windows 7 Pro x64

Same Glitch here.
    Any idea when this will be fixed?

Do I have to start a new game if I do not have old savegame?

It's been already posted how to work around it. If the problem occurs, exit back to menu (no need to exit the game), load the last save and when you go back into the game you will now be able to climb through the tree trunk.

Thanks, that worked. I was already in despair last night.

This is still broken as of 7/15/2014. I've reloaded from my last campsite and the tomb of the Lost Adventurer resets, but no matter what order I burn the trees I cannot climb into the tail section. And, the workaround is now broken...restarting the Tomb in the broken condition still will not allow me to climb into the tail section. when I climb onto the front section of the plane Lara says the cloth looks flammable...and the tree the tail section is resting on has a cloth on it, but it won't light with a torch and I can't bring a lantern to it...every time I carry one off the ledge Lara lets go and it just falls and breaks. And, there is no "throw" command.

Edit: OK...I just figured out how to throw. When carrying something press the Zoom key. I'd also like to point out that the Zoom key causes the Mouse Y-Axis to become Inverted i.e. backwards from the Invert Y-Axis Mouse settings.

Edit: Hey! What!?!? Now that I figured out how to throw (which got me onto the plane and up to the hut with the treasure) I tried to continue and encountered "Missing Gear" "New Equipment Required to Open". After searching I learn that the gear isn't available until much much later in the game. It would be nice to tell players that they can't go into the secret tombs until after they played through most of the game. I mean...the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer is right there at the start...right near the 2nd camp that you stop at.

You will need to restart the Challenge Tomb from the beginning and start burning the post from the far right first and work your way backwards.
    What's backwards? We don't even know what forwards is. Do you mean clockwise or counter-clockwise? Which is the far right post? Is it the one where we have to light the stool and hang onto the fulcrum to allow the flaming stool to swing over to the hut and burn the crates & barrels that roll down onto the tree? Or, the post where the hanging body is at and we have to push it down onto the tree?

After burning the far right post and the post after the plane should drop all the way. Then proceed to throw the lantern in the plane to clear the boxes. Then proceed to climb the plane has normally intended.
    How do we "throw" something? Throwing isn't on the list of control mappings.

It's not working now. I just purchased the GOTY edition from Steam. I'd like to know how to at get through the first section of the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer. Really sad when the first puzzle of a DLC is glitched...and still glitched after 1-1/2 years. Even sadder when the GOTY build breaks an existing workaround so that the DLC is completely useless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast