Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map Pack Compatibility Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    This is probably because there are no other players using the maps at that time, and so it creates your own match. If other players with the maps look for a game they will join your lobby.
    I don't know, but I always creates match and I have tried at different times of the day... is as if the players that we have new maps we separated from players who have the maps that come with the game... does not seem right

Quote Originally Posted by pilar0909 View Post
    I don't know, but I always creates match and I have tried at different times of the day... is as if the players that we have new maps we separated from players who have the maps that come with the game... does not seem right
    Unfortunately they are. If you have the maps activated, you cannot matchmake with those who don't have them, even if you are playing on the standard maps.
    signature image

It's riduclous. It should just let you join any game regardless of what DLC you have. If other people in the lobby don't have the same DLC then the game just shouldn't select it as a map choice.

I really don't see why we should have to deactivate DLC just to get a damn game of the multi-player because other people haven't got the same DLC.

This basically makes it impossible to use whatever map pack/s you have without deactivating them, especially in ranked. Tell me, what good is it if we have to deactivate multi-player DLC map packs just so that we can get a game of multi-player?

Complete joke tbh.
    signature image
    Commando Comics. Screaming "aieeeee" since 1961.

Quote Originally Posted by aieeeee View Post
    It's riduclous. It should just let you join any game regardless of what DLC you have. If other people in the lobby don't have the same DLC then the game just shouldn't select it as a map choice.

I really don't see why we should have to deactivate DLC just to get a damn game of the multi-player because other people haven't got the same DLC.

This basically makes it impossible to use whatever map pack/s you have without deactivating them, especially in ranked. Tell me, what good is it if we have to deactivate multi-player DLC map packs just so that we can get a game of multi-player?

Complete joke tbh.
    The only game I have ever seen get this right is Gears Of War on Xbox 360. In that game no matter what DLC you have everyone can play with everyone at all times. The game just automatically makes it so that you can't select certain maps if not everybody in the lobby has those maps.

I could be mistaken but I think Uncharted 3 (on PS3 obviously) also allows everyone to play with everyone regardless of what content you have. The game just leaves out certain maps if not everyone in the lobby has those maps. (Again I'm not completely 100% sure about this but it sure seems like this is what the game does).

It just goes to show you the difference in the level of experience between Epic or Naughty Dog and Eidos Montreal. I'm not trying to be nasty but I really don't think Eidos Montreal should attempt multiplayer in any game ever again. They should stick to singleplayer. They did a damn fine job of it with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by aieeeee View Post

Complete joke tbh.
    Agreed. Very bad implementation of MP.
    signature image

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12