Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Chasm Monastery Bug | OP updated March 20

• Did you hit this bug before or after our recent patch (Friday 15th March on PS3, Monday 18th March Xbox 360)?

Before. My game glitched on Monday March 25th.

• Can you explain your approach to the battle? Did you take on the Oni wave by wave, or run past engaged enemies to find cover on higher ground?

I run to fin cover on higher ground

• What weapon were you using?

First, I was using the shotgun. Then I run out of ammo and switch to a machine gun.

• Did you die during the fight?

I die during the fight

• Did you see any enemies acting strangely?

I hear voices but no enemy apears.

I HOPE YOU CAN HELP US WITH A FIXED SOON

I see that an update just got out, which specifically addresses this issue.
    Unfortunately, it still DOES NOT FIX the Chasm Stronghold glitch on my the existing savegame/checkpoint (PC).

I am positive that the glitch does not manifest any more for new playthroughs but since it did not fix the problem for players currently stuck, it's basically useless.

The problem is exactly the same: I kill all enemies in the area (stone pillar and exploding tower), the path does not get cleared by the "wind" and I can still hear an enemy near the fallen pillar.

Everything is the same. And it's a shame...

Did this fix work for anyone who was already stuck in Chasm Stronghold?

What's happening with the chasm shrine glitch??? Is there any point waiting or should I trade?

Save game is still bugged.

I can also confirm that the pc patch today does not fix the issue for users who have already experienced the bug.

Is Eidos' official response that we need to start over with a new game or is this still being addressed as a concern?

Nop it's still not working ... Still stuck on the same place after the patch ...

Quote Originally Posted by andrei.ciorba View Post
    Did this fix work for anyone who was already stuck in Chasm Stronghold?
    Not for me. I'm at the checkpoint right before the tower tosses out explosive barrels, and I can't do a thing. Frustrating bug!

btw:
    * playing on PC, steam version
    * I have no idea what weapons I was using or what strat I had as I ran into this bug appx 3 days after the game was released. Sorry for the lack of information, but I've been trying to avoid thinking about it so I could be more patient...

Made an account to reply to this thread, I play on the 360 and I have tried everything except just restarting my game. I was kind of curious if a patch is in the works, I am not looking for a timeline, just wondering if a patch could be coming soon.

Did you hit this bug before or after our recent patch (Friday 15th March on PS3, Monday 18th March Xbox 360)?
    After the patch was released on the Xbox 360

Can you explain your approach to the battle? Did you take on the Oni wave by wave, or run past engaged enemies to find cover on higher ground?
    Wave by wave, I waited until all enemies were dead before I moved on

What weapon were you using?
    Arrows, tactical pistol, shotgun, and axe whenever people got to close to me (I also used explosive arrows twice in the battle)

Did you die during the fight?
    No

Did you see any enemies acting strangely?
    Not that I can think of, I think I may have knocked off an enemy with my axe but I am not 100% on that. I do know that whenever I run back by the beginning of the battle area I can hear an enemy yelling at me, one time I reloaded my file I actually got hit by something I couldn't see but nothing after that.

I'm the guy who got to the door, the boards blew away, but now I can't fire a rope arrow at anything, so can't open the door. I didn't see this bug until I got to this point in the game, so it would seem it must be related somehow.

Did you hit this bug before or after our recent patch (Friday 15th March on PS3, Monday 18th March Xbox 360)?
    Just before I played I noticed the patch downloaded from Steam.

Can you explain your approach to the battle? Did you take on the Oni wave by wave, or run past engaged enemies to find cover on higher ground?
    Both.

What weapon were you using?
    All weapons

Did you die during the fight?
    Yes

Did you see any enemies acting strangely?
    No

I will wait to finish the game until there is a fix. There's a lot of fighting toward the end I understand, and I don't enjoy all this new combat violence so I'm not looking forward to this part of the game anyway.

Sorry, it wasn't related, as you probably suspected. It turned out to be a Logitech mouse driver problem, which caused the middle mouse button to stop working.

Its a shame a game like tomb raider beigh lunch to the market with this kind of bugs. They took away the game from Core Desight After The Angel of Darkness.
    at least Core games of tomb raider didint had this king of bugs... Its lame.

In my case the bow dont through the arrow to the ropes of the door....

Tomb Raider is my favourite game sinse 1996 and i have played it all but this because i cant finish it because of a bug.... its so nasty

Possible fix?

From what I've read here (never had the bug :|), it seems 1 or more Oni are trapped in various areas.
    Where most people hear the Oni (stone pillar-y thing, see other posts), has anyone shot around with the grenade launcher?
    As it is 'combat', there should be respawning ammo nearby.
    It may kill the 'Oni', and it is worth a try.
    Also, try this when Lara goes into her combat crouch.
    As I said, I've never had the bug, but I have quite a few others (*coughgamewon'tloadwithintelcard*).
    If devs could just invent maybe something that pushes enemies out of 'illegal' spaces?
    Hope this helps anyone, -YM08
    What? Do you expect me to have a good signiture?

Question Chasm Monastery Bug

I’m experiencing the same problem as many others have posted. When I’m done killing the first wave of the Oni nothing happens. The second wave of Oni never appears, and the rope anchor is not revealed. This problem happened after the first patch would have been released for PS3 as it just happened on Sunday, March 24, 2013. The game was not acting weird and I noticed nothing unusual about the Oni. I did die during the fight the first time I played the level thus triggering a save game check point right at the bottom of the tower were the Oni attack with exploding barrels. I primarily use the bow but have tried every other weapon since encountering the problem.

Are people having luck getting past this bug if they start completely over? Or is the game just broken and unsalvageable?

I received the game as a birthday present and would REALLY like to continue on to the end of the game. I’ve been a fan of Tomb Raider since I was a kid and have never experienced problems like this.

I got the update for the xbox 360 version of the game (43MB) before I started the game for the first time bit when I got to this part of the game the bug happens and I can't use the arrow to pull away the door because of some wooden planks in the way. this is my first time ever encountering a bug in a game, especially in a tomb raider game. will a new update be out soon to fix this problem as the thought of starting the game all over again is depressing

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiMad08 View Post
    From what I've read here (never had the bug :|), it seems 1 or more Oni are trapped in various areas.
    Where most people hear the Oni (stone pillar-y thing, see other posts), has anyone shot around with the grenade launcher?
    As it is 'combat', there should be respawning ammo nearby.
    It may kill the 'Oni', and it is worth a try.
    Also, try this when Lara goes into her combat crouch.
    As I said, I've never had the bug, but I have quite a few others (*coughgamewon'tloadwithintelcard*).
    If devs could just invent maybe something that pushes enemies out of 'illegal' spaces?
    Hope this helps anyone, -YM08
    YM08, this was one of my first ideas as well
    Unfortunately, it did not work and I've blown up every grenade and barrel I could find. The explosion radius of a grenade (or even a barrel) is not that big, unfortunately.

The only way the hidden enemy can be located is by sound and since I don't have surround sound I can't even tell on which side of the fallen pillar the sound is coming from. Perhaps anyone was able to identify it more accurately?

An admin/developer command console wound be nice. You can usually do magic stuff with those things

Quote Originally Posted by babydee16 View Post
    I got the update for the xbox 360 version of the game (43MB) before I started the game for the first time bit when I got to this part of the game the bug happens and I can't use the arrow to pull away the door because of some wooden planks in the way. this is my first time ever encountering a bug in a game, especially in a tomb raider game. will a new update be out soon to fix this problem as the thought of starting the game all over again is depressing
    If its planks, you need to use the shot gun which you may not have yet. If its ropes, then you should be able to pull them down. Do you have a pic?
    signature image

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    If its planks, you need to use the shot gun which you may not have yet. If its ropes, then you should be able to pull them down. Do you have a pic?
    I have tried everything but the wooden planks don't move whatsoever it's so disheartening that it had to happen so close to the end!

Quote Originally Posted by andrei.ciorba View Post
    YM08, this was one of my first ideas as well
    Unfortunately, it did not work and I've blown up every grenade and barrel I could find. The explosion radius of a grenade (or even a barrel) is not that big, unfortunately.

The only way the hidden enemy can be located is by sound and since I don't have surround sound I can't even tell on which side of the fallen pillar the sound is coming from. Perhaps anyone was able to identify it more accurately?

An admin/developer command console wound be nice. You can usually do magic stuff with those things
    I have also tried this ad infinitum and can confirm no luck. My gut feeling is that the spawned enemy is in a location that the explosions can not reach. I would love to have access to a console command or for a patch that makes these boards breakable with the shotgun as a workaround for those of us who cannot get past this. It stinks because I really enjoyed this game but the further out this goes the harder a time I am having recommending it.

My experience with this bug.

*** Very important note. My husband and I share the same xbox with different xbox live accounts. My husband finished the game the day before me, and had no issue with this bug whatsoever, but when I went to play this game the next day, On March 22nd, I couldn't get past this part. If it makes a difference I have uncovered more relics, documents, and gps caches than him, and completed more optional tombs.

•Did you hit this bug before or after our recent patch (Friday 15th March on PS3, Monday 18th March Xbox 360)?
    -I'm gonna say yes, since I got the game around this time. I do remember the game having to update before I could play.
    u the Oni wave by wave, or run past engaged enemies to find cover on higher ground?
    -I took on the Oni as they were coming at me. Each time I reload the checkpoint it always starts at the part after you cross the long rectangle rock that falls so you can get to the other side. There are about 5 oni on one of the wooden fortresses on the right, I usually shoot the red explosive balloons and blow them up, then when I move forward, the cut scene that is supposed to blow away the wooden panels on the door doesn't happen.

• What weapon were you using?
    I usually use my machine gun, or my bow and arrow on this part.

• Did you die during the fight?
    I died once the first time I played the checkpoint.

• Did you see any enemies acting strangely?
    They don't act strange. Each time I reload the checkpoint they always do the same thing, which is toss a few of the red explosive balloons in my direction and try to blow them up around me. This is how I died the first time around.

-Note: I did find it strange that the enemies only reappear at the one spot in the corner. Normally when you die and restart the enemies will come from all the locations you previously fought them at. Like, there were no enemies near the doors after I reloaded like there was the first time I played through this part.

(Also its weird, when I am my bow and arrow at the open space above the door, my aim indicator turns red as if there is something to shoot there. I'm sure that has nothing to do with it though.)

If you need anymore information I would be glad to provide it.

Rolling explosive to the door and trying to blow it off doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlade View Post
    yes it looks like one of the enemies may be spawning inside a wall causing it impossible to progress. I can also distinctly hear samurai warriors around but nobody is actually there.
    I have noticed that in the past when there are enemies around she always has a weapon pulled out and she puts it away whenever the enemies are killed, but on this part her weapon stays out the whole time as if there are still enemies around & the music stays consistently intense as if in a battle scene.

Thumbs Down Give me my Goddamn money back

Okay, I see that the Chasm Stronghold glitch is being experienced by many, many, many, many, many, many, players. This is a glitch that has been known for several weeks now and after spending 3 hrs combing through the forums see that there is no useful fix. I just returned from the store where I was told that the game had been opened so there is no return on it. I am extremely disappointed with this. And... "start game over" or "use someone else save" is NOT a fkn option you give someone who spent $60 on a product and invested over 12hrs in collecting %110 of drops and collectibles. So my question is, where do I mail this pos useless game to in order to get my gdamn fkn money back?

I think there is a lot of anger stemming from the frustration due to the lack of correspondence. I would just like to know if this is still being addressed by someone. I have not been able to play this game for 17 days. Is there a phone number I can try? I am in no hurry, I would just like to know if anything can be done.

Up until this experience, the game was a definitive contender for GOTY.

well when you move around the corner right from the stone bridge...oni kick out 2 round exploding balls....if lara runs under that area...a wave oni comes from the area in question...when lara runs back to the stone that leads to the 1st area. she kills what ever comes from around the corner......music continues..no oni..no trigger there's the bug.....

if this is pc game good luck...move to ps3 or xbox...ps3 is the best......100 percent completion 11 times so far...

people..use a console.......bugs are rare................

This problem has occurred on Xbox, PS3, and PC.

The new patch (march 29th) doesn't fix it ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast