Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chasm Monastery Bug | OP updated March 20

Quote Originally Posted by BR4DDERS1986 View Post
    You can use these 2 saves if you want. One is at the start of the Chasm Monastery and the other is right after it.

TR - Save (PC only).rar

This post by "Relight" shows you where they go.
    wow thx I dont know if its legal but I really don't feel continuing someone else's save I'll probably wait for official patch thank you anyway I will install the save after a week with no patch

I registered to say that I am having the same problem on PS3.

I am very disappointed and please release a fix patch asap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soutzouk View Post
    wow thx I dont know if its legal but I really don't feel continuing someone else's save I'll probably wait for official patch thank you anyway I will install the save after a week with no patch
    I don't know what Steam or Crystal Dynamics view on sharing saves is but non of the mods have said anything against it, I have uploaded a few saves for people with out a warning.

I understand why you wouldn't want to use it though, I would feel like I was cheating a little.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by BR4DDERS1986 View Post
    I don't know what Steam or Crystal Dynamics view on sharing saves is but non of the mods have said anything against it, I have uploaded a few saves for people with out a warning.

I understand why you wouldn't want to use it though, I would feel like I was cheating a little.
    Yeah exaclty as a hardcore gamer I never use cheats/savegames. I will wait few more days for an official patch but if it never gets released I am forced to use savegame. No way I'm starting this from the beginning

The error is now known for 6 days, at least some info would be fine if they're looking into it or if the bug is so rare that they don't care about it.

Edit:
    Uh,... you allready did. I just looked for the 'SE'-Logo, sry.
    Hope that we'll receidve some news soon. :-(

I have the same bug, and if it can help, i'll tell you what I think CAUSED the bug.

After the column fell so they can (and I) cross the ridge, I got swarmed by many Oni going across the bridge it created. I decided to boldly push forward and leave them behind, so I can hope to relocate better. I came to the "spawn point" where they open the doors, and throw an exploding bucket or two at you and you can retaliate by shooting the ones inside, and explode them out. I then ran passed the corner to clean up whatever was left forward, and then concentrated on what was behind.

So instead of following the "railroad quest", and proceeding forward step by step as the script would suggest, I strategically pushed forward to cleanup afterward... you know, when they come up in that small corridor (where you respawn) a couple of grenades does the job pretty well all at once. So I may have triggered the Door's opening ahead of time, when the conditions weren't met.

You guys should maybe patch it so it triggers anyway, and whatever enemies are left, are left, and that makes the boss just that much harder to beat.

I may also be wrong, but you guys tell me if you remember running ahead the first time you had this bug.
    Why wouldn't I steal a precious artifact? And sell it to an evil force? So what if the region has to fight some big bad demon afterward... in the end, it'll be up to me to fix it all anyway... and the money, still mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Madigan View Post
    I have the same bug, and if it can help, i'll tell you what I think CAUSED the bug.

After the column fell so they can (and I) cross the ridge, I got swarmed by many Oni going across the bridge it created. I decided to boldly push forward and leave them behind, so I can hope to relocate better. I came to the "spawn point" where they open the doors, and throw an exploding bucket or two at you and you can retaliate by shooting the ones inside, and explode them out. I then ran passed the corner to clean up whatever was left forward, and then concentrated on what was behind.

So instead of following the "railroad quest", and proceeding forward step by step as the script would suggest, I strategically pushed forward to cleanup afterward... you know, when they come up in that small corridor (where you respawn) a couple of grenades does the job pretty well all at once. So I may have triggered the Door's opening ahead of time, when the conditions weren't met.

You guys should maybe patch it so it triggers anyway, and whatever enemies are left, are left, and that makes the boss just that much harder to beat.

I may also be wrong, but you guys tell me if you remember running ahead the first time you had this bug.
    I died at the 'bridge' 3 times till I got around and the tower guys threw the bombs out, so I don't think that's it.

But definately, just let the wood on the door fly away when the tower is exploding, so the trigger that's not working isn't necessary anymore. Or make a reset (connected to the tower) for the 'broken' variable wich makes the wood on the door fly away.

Has anyone found a workaround for the consoles? I mean besides starting a new game. If not, then I guess I'll just wait and see if they're working on a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by dany00711 View Post
    You allready opended your own Thread for this (totally different) Intel GMA Bug, wich... quite frankly I'm astounded the game even starts on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJerkStore View Post
    Has anyone found a workaround for the consoles? I mean besides starting a new game. If not, then I guess I'll just wait and see if they're working on a patch.

A console patch is due shortly.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=135276
    signature image

So 1 week and nothing happened :S and why patch only for consoles? and we are not sure if its going to fix this gamebraking glitch arghhh!

Come on, isn't there a way to open a command window and a command for this (to relocate enemys?)?

I mean the bug seemingly occurs because of some stuck-in-the-floor enemy, since you can HEAR him from time to time and Lara doesn't exit combat Mode.

So would this be Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim I'd just let the existing characters "rain" (they like fall from the sky) to their default position.

Edit: Dunno if this helpf Devs. After trying to use cheat codes to 'float' back to the level entrance, die there and play the sequence from the beginning (wich made even more glitches occur so don't even try whomever gets ideas) I remembered something. When the bridge collapses and you fall down to the area before the makeshift bridge, the first time i kinda glitched sideways in to the bottomless pit. Dunno, maybe there was another trigger I was supposed to cross and glitched around.

Honestly I've played that area now for about 6 hours trying to trick the bug and get further. Could've driven to the Nixxes Office, grab someone to edit my savegame and drive back in that time. XD

[BUG] Citadel

Cant complete this level.
    http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3...3030700001.jpg
    After killing enemies in this tower, no1 come. I think, that some1 stuck in textures... What i need to do, I cant load another save, coz i have not....

http://steamcommunity.com/app/203160...7231102932542/

Official in Title Update #2
    • Addressed uncommon gating issues during the ”Chasm Monastery’s” bridge onslaught where players are unable to progress past the wooden barrier

AND SEEMS LIKE THE PATCH ISN'T COMING ON PC ARGHHHHHHHHHH

wait then make patch for xbox then for pc

Ok so i downloaded the patch for ps3....THE GLITCH IS STILL THERE!!!! Ugh.. The one at the Chasm Monastery. Blew up the tower and still nothing...Sucks =/

forget... PC

Quote Originally Posted by SahnteX View Post
    Ok so i downloaded the patch for ps3....THE GLITCH IS STILL THERE!!!! Ugh.. The one at the Chasm Monastery. Blew up the tower and still nothing...Sucks =/
    Same for me on PS3 When I saw that they were fixing that I got real excited, but it's still bugged with the patch. I've tried to reload a few times and nothing.
    PS3 player
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TheJerkStore View Post
    Same for me on PS3 When I saw that they were fixing that I got real excited, but it's still bugged with the patch. I've tried to reload a few times and nothing.
    Awesome patch!

It propably is fixed, in the sense that it won't occur for new players.

Not that this would help anyone that buys games for full price at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by DS_Nadine View Post
    Awesome patch!

It propably is fixed, in the sense that it won't occur for new players.

Not that this would help anyone that buys games for full price at launch.
    Yeah, that's probably true...I was just hoping that I wouldn't need to start the whole game over again, when I assume I'm pretty close to the end.
    PS3 player
    signature image

The PC Patch is OUT! (Suprisingly fast!)

And it too doesn't fix the bug although explicitly adressed.

Honestly, are you ting me?!
    I mean is it now fixed for future playtroughs and you check this problem as "done" and want us to start over, or will there be a patch to the patch for us waiting with our bugged savegame?!?

Any official word please?

same problem, but no1 answer my topic )
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=135348

IMHO, 1 enemy stuck into textures, coz when I return to the rock column and start fire - then i hear voice, but no1 comes

This bug is not fixed on PC it just happened to me tonight with the latest patch. I cannot progress and it looks like my tomb raider days are done. Its too bad this game was really good but until this gets fixed I wont be coming back.

I can also hear an enemy near the beginning. Seems like he spawns into the geometry somewhere and cannot be seen or killed. Seriously frustrating to go all the way through a game only to run into this. This bug really needs to be fixed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Please keep it on topic and constructive, folks. More info here. Thanks.
    Please keep it on topic and constructive? And you link a PC FAQ? Are you kidding? PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME.

Same bug on xbox 360 reporting in like thousands of others who can't continue at the end of the game. I'd suggest you don't bother posting unless you've actually done some work and asked your developers if they have a fix.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast