Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steam Pipe Progression Bug | OP updated March 19

Steam Pipe Progression Bug | OP updated March 19

UPDATE 3/19

For those of you who came across this bug, it should be resolved now! Here is how to activate the radio tower basecamp and move along in the game:

1. From the Map Room base camp, fast travel to any other base camp
    2. Fast travel back to the Map Room base camp (do not walk)
    3. You can now access the Radio Tower base camp from the fast travel menu!

--------

Hello everyone,

We’ve had a few of you contact us through the forums and our social channels about a bug that affects progress in the later stages of Tomb Raider. For the time being we’re calling this the “Steam Pipe Progression” bug.

This is a rare bug prevents the player from progressing past the steam pipes if they fast travel backwards from the camp at the base of the radio tower. We are creating a fix for this that will prevent the issue from occurring for future players. With this update players who have encountered the bug will be able to sit at any base camp to return to their progress at the base of the radio tower.

However until the patch is released, we advise ensuring you save the game regularly, making use of multiple saved game slots, just in case. Please know that our teams are working as hard as they can to produce a solution ASAP. Keep an eye on this thread for updates!

Date of next patch/title update: LIVE

Xbox 360: How to create a backup save to another slot:

PlayStation 3: How to create a backup save to another slot:

PC: How to create a backup save to another slot:

Bug specifics below:

Possible game-breaker -spoiler alert-

Hi all,

I think I might have broken my game. Specifically, I'm stuck

Of course, thanks to the magic of the lack of independent saves, my last and only loadable checkpoint is the
    , meaning I'm stuck for good.

Solutions, possibly not including a full game restart, would be appreciated

Thanks for your time !

*EDIT*

User legobibi just uploaded a video on Youtube which illustrates the problem pretty effectively. Enjoy.

Same problem for me and i'm not alone, these topic shows people having the same bug:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-21...deja-finie.htm

please fix it

What platform are you on?
    signature image

PC here.

Same for me, PC, i've done a video, i'am just uploading it on youtube.

Here the video of the bug:

Can you edit your first post Vensalir and add this link ?

There, done. Thanks for the video, by the way, I don't generally spend much time on forums, but the ground rule seems to be that the fancier your thread is, the more people actually seem to care about your problem..

Yeah now we have just to hope for a quick fix

i'm exactly the same situation on ps3!
    but my last loadable checkpoint is

so i'm stuck

I ran into the same problem on Xbox, still no response from Crystal Dynamics about when it might be fixed? I tried tweeting @tombraider to ask about it but they deleted the tweet and blocked me.

any fixes for this yet? I would love to finish my game....
    I cannot bleave they overlooked this massive game-breaking bug...the game is meant so you can go back and explore yet they block your passage?
    Its not like a small bug either...

Quote Originally Posted by lovemehate View Post
    I cannot bleave they overlooked this massive game-breaking bug...the game is meant so you can go back and explore yet they block your passage?

These forums are monitored by Eidos/CD so I am sure that they are aware and are looking to resolve any issues as soon as possible.
    signature image

that awesome, I love this game so far it just sucks to hit a wall like this while I was so into it.
    I really hope they patch this soon!

i think the problem is not the blocked passage.
    the problem is the last base camp is not on the list...
    may we need to start over

well there is a "day camp" some reason you cant travel too,...thats why I did not think much of leaving, cause I was at a camp

HUGE HUGE game flaw making some camps unable to travel to as, its your save point, your gear everything. so you automatically assume you can go back, but nope....why? who knows...

seems like the dumbest save/checkpoint fast-travel feature I have ever seen in my gaming life..

Stuck In The "Mountain Base" Area, Need Help.

Before I climbing the radio tower, I fast traveled to a previous location to collect something. I fast traveled back to the Mountain base area and can't get out.

I can't squeez in between the pipes like before. I found someone with the same problem on another site. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Stuck At Mountain Base

While I agree such bugs (not the only one of it's kind from what I've heard so far) do have a very strong impact on the game, they only influence a very small portion of it. It's a big design flaw, but at least it's occasional and not systematic. To me, it looks like they could all be fixed with little effort (make the steam passage accessible again or add the campfire to the fast-travel list). I am hopeful for a quick patch or workaround.

Now, having a free-save system would be even better, but apparently it's "Too mainstream" ...

well there is a "day camp" some reason you cant travel too,...thats why I did not think much of leaving, cause I was at a camp

HUGE HUGE game flaw making some camps unable to travel to as, its your save point, your gear everything. so you automatically assume you can go back, but nope....why? who knows...

seems like the dumbest save/checkpoint fast-travel feature I have ever seen in my gaming life..
    i think you can only use fast travel at base camps not in day camps and what is missing in my game is the latest base camp (right after the radio tower)

but i had no idea you could not travel to day-camps as i got that far in one sitting, it was my day off....now its all wasted and honestly am pretty pissed off, i just got off work, hoping to play..now am stuck reading for fixes online.
    I made a post asking if anyone will let me use their PC save game thats around that point cause i want to plaaaaaaayyyy .

that makes 2 (am sure many more)

I, and many others are posting about this very issue right now, as of now...nope theres nothing you can do, you are stuck. game over...unless you can start over , find another persons save (what am doing) or wait for a fix...

this is totally insane

Having the same problem. It's absolutely ridiculous. Such an amazing game, but a bug this big just degrades the product. They need to patch this or something, quickly.

Yeah I spent the better half of my day off playing. to just hit a wall like this? Is horrible....I was hoping by the time I got off work today something would be fixed .

It would not be too bad if they did multi saves like almost every other game ever made, and just lose a little bit of progress, but nope. they are bending me over and giving it to me hard on this one.....

Can I use someones save (PC) please? I hit that bug..

I can no longer finish my game , cause i hit that bug where you get stuck in the mountain base...forever...with no way out.

so if anyone has a save file I Can use that's any point close to that point maybe the city? I would be grateful

this bug should be on a sticky thread cause it will totally end your game...

thanks if you can help!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast