Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steam Pipe Progression Bug | OP updated March 19

dont start over yet !

there is a CAMP inside the building complex !!
    hope this help

(click image to enlarge)

Thanks for letting us know about this bug in the game, we’re really sorry to hear you’re having issues and we’re looking into it to find a solution. We want your Tomb Raider experience to be the best possible experience, so apologies for this and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by shahenita View Post
    there is a CAMP inside the building complex !!
    hope this help

(click image to enlarge)
    Yes we are aware of the camp but that camp doesn't show the fast travel to the next camp :| so the only way to go is throw the pipes but you can't go because of the gas

Quote Originally Posted by SE_Param View Post
    Thanks for letting us know about this bug in the game, we’re really sorry to hear you’re having issues and we’re looking into it to find a solution. We want your Tomb Raider experience to be the best possible experience, so apologies for this and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
    Thank you for listening us!

I can also confirm it works on the PC. =)

Good luck to all my console friends!

Exclamation Can't travel back to "Base Exterior"

Right now im stuck in Mountain Base, after I went through the steam pipes and outside to the Radio Tower, I went to the fire pit and fast traveled back to the Mount Base, but apparantly the fire pit I fast traveled from was not "Fast Travel Camp" it was just a "Day Camp" so when I saw i could fast travel out of there, I just assumed it was a fast travel camp, but now when I try and go back all paths are blocked, plus the steam pipes are too hot now and it burns Lara when I try and go through, and because the fire pit in Base Exterior, on the map, is a Day Camp icon, I cant teleport to it. Now i can't progress either, because my next mission is in that area.

I have tried everything, I went to each area and tried to teleport there from all of them, but it still says its a Day Camp. I have updated the game as well, and shot everything possible in the control room. I do not want to start over as I have collected everything in all areas except in the Mountain Village, because I need further equipment.. Please help me.

*Also note that I cannot just simply walk to the Base Exterior because the only way there is blocked by steam, which Lara flinches away from everytime I go near it, and I have only the one fire place unlocked for the Base Exterior area, and have not unlocked the second one.

I apologize for any frustration this may have caused. We are aware of the issue and are working on finding a solution. Here is a thread where people are experiencing a similar issue

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...=mountain+base

Here is a thread where people have talked about sharing saved games

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...ighlight=saved

Quote Originally Posted by Quillan View Post
    There's no way to leave that zone without finishing it other than using the base camp, which puts it on the map. The base camp for the base exterior zone is located in the building with the radio tower.

Or are you saying that you used that camp to leave, then aren't given the option to fast travel back to the base exterior zone?
    This is the problem, the exact thing happened to me, and normally you can only fast travel from Base Camps right? Well as soon as you leave the Mountain Base via the steam passage, you come outside, and right down the hill is a fire pit, and normally the first fire pit is always a Base Camp, so after finding some documents, i got bored and wanted to go back to a different area, so I went back to the fire pit at the beginning of the Base Exterior area. And what people dont understand, is that this fire pit allows you to fast travel from it, even though its only Day Camp on the map. I didnt bother checking to see which kind of camp it was because.. Well why would I? I just assumed it was a Base Camp. So thats why its glitched, its because this Day Camp allows you to teleport from it, but not too.

Btw there is no answer for this glitch, currently it is game breaking, and I have already started over. I have updated the game too, which does not fix it either. For everyone who has encountered this.. It is a pain in butt, and will take time, but just start over, most likely the update that will fix this, wont come out soon, and you'd probably be further than this point by the time its fixed.

Hey everyone,

I just want to try and fully clarify this bug for newcomers to the thread, and anyone else interested

Once you exit the "Mountain Base" zone and enter the "Base Exterior" zone, you cannot go back by walking to the "Mountain Base" zone, since the pipe room is now closed off. The only way back is by fast travel.

Continuing forward, once you reach the radio tower area inside "Base Exterior" zone, you have the camp "Radio Tower Base Camp". From this camp, you can travel to any other camp.

It's now possible to leave the "Base Exterior" area without completing the radio tower segment, by means of the "Radio Tower Base Camp".

The bug that people are experiencing is one of two possibilities:

1) They have left the "Base Exterior" zone by using the "Radio Tower Base Camp", but once they want to come back to continue the story, they find that the "Radio Tower Base Camp" is not available on their fast travel menu, as it should be. And fast travel is the only way back, since you can no longer walk from "Mountain Base" zone into "Base Exterior" zone, due to the pipe room being closed.

2) They have left the "Base Exterior" zone by fast travelling from the "Bridge Overlook Day Camp" (the first camp in the "Base Exterior" zone, immediately after leaving the "Mountain Base" zone), and so they have never even triggered the "Radio Tower Base Camp" to be added to their fast travel menu. This should not be possible, because the "Bridge Overlook Day Camp" does not have a Fast Travel option, like all Day Camps.
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

You can use this save if you want, it's at the start of the Base Exterior.

TR Save - Base Exterior.rar (PC Only)
    signature image

I couldn't wait... I started the game from begining.

March 13 patch? So far received no correction.

We are 1 week without being able to play multiplayer on Steam, when this problem will be solved?

I've been monitoring this thread for a few days now, having the same "Base Exterior" glitch that is described above. Just a few minutes ago when I fired up the game, it had an update to download, so while it was doing it I browsed the web to see what the update was about, and I saw this:

Title Update #2:

Single Player
    • Resolved a gating bug in “Base Exterior” where you are unable to return via fast travel back to the Radio Tower Basecamp
    Download finished and updated.
    Restarted the PS3, restarted the game, and...

...still nothing.

No fast camp in "Base Exterior" to get passed the radio tower.

Still have steam in the passageway out of the Map Room.

Still stuck with no way to progress down the mountain.

?

Thumbs Down

No patch for this one

Hello all, I'm playing this game on the PS3, and encountered the now infamous 'steampipe' bug.

This is truly frustrating for you can simply not proceed. A 'game-breaker', as it is so aptly put.

Is there a possibility for a re-imbursement? I bought the game on-line via the PStation store. Does anybody know?

Having become a victim of this problem today I searched and ended up here.

So please add my name to the list (XBox 360).

I also only have the one save, I have completed the game and was merely tying up some loose ends. I Fast Travelled to the location jumped down from the camp and now cannot make my way back to the camp (or any other camp).

As I have 91% completion I won't be starting again so I hope any fix will allow me to pick up where I left off and allow me to return to the base camp (turn off steam?).

Hey all!

For those of you who downloaded TU#2, you should be good to go now.

If you’re one of those who were stuck due to this bug, here’s how to bypass it:
    1. From the Map Room base camp, fast travel to any other base camp
    2. Fast travel back to the Map Room base camp
    3. You can now access the Radio Tower base camp from the fast travel menu!

Please let me know if this solves the problem! Really sorry for the holdup.

Thank you!!

Thank you for fixing this. I have been stuck here for over a week!

Much obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Hey all!

For those of you who downloaded TU#2, you should be good to go now.

If you’re one of those who were stuck due to this bug, here’s how to bypass it:
    1. From the Map Room base camp, fast travel to any other base camp
    2. Fast travel back to the Map Room base camp
    3. You can now access the Radio Tower base camp from the fast travel menu!

Please let me know if this solves the problem! Really sorry for the holdup.
    Hello,
    firstly: what is 'TU#2'?
    Secondly, the bypass (the three steps you described) don't work. The Radio tower Base camp never appears.

When will it be possible for a PS3 user to have this patched?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaro Alva View Post
    Hello,
    firstly: what is 'TU#2'?
    Secondly, the bypass (the three steps you described) don't work. The Radio tower Base camp never appears.

When will it be possible for a PS3 user to have this patched?
    Title Update 2 is for all consoles and should pop up when you run the game.
    signature image

This did not fix the issue for me. I have not been asked to update since Monday and I have followed your instructions to no avail. This is frustrating.

Help

Can someone help with this. I do not want to start this game over and I haven't been able to play since that day of purchase. The bug fix directions are not working.

I'm having the exact same problem on my Xbox, btw I don't play the Xbox that much so I don't have a Live account, is there any way to apply a patch for this game without Live?

Quote Originally Posted by 7tool7 View Post
    This did not fix the issue for me. I have not been asked to update since Monday and I have followed your instructions to no avail. This is frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7tool7 View Post
    Can someone help with this. I do not want to start this game over and I haven't been able to play since that day of purchase. The bug fix directions are not working.
    What platform are you on?

What is your latest patch/TU version number?

Quote Originally Posted by prophfitt View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem on my Xbox, btw I don't play the Xbox that much so I don't have a Live account, is there any way to apply a patch for this game without Live?
    Did you follow the work-around in the OP?

I don't know if you get TUs without having a Live account. Seems strange that you wouldn't; it's not necessary on PS3 at all. Anyone can confirm?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by prophfitt View Post
    Why do I suddenly have the impression you're playing a copy of TR on a hacked Xbox 360? If you're a legit buyer you'd know you can get free game patches with a Xbox Live Silver account.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast