Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steam Pipe Progression Bug | OP updated March 19

So sad, was thoroughly enjoying the game too, like 7 hours work. =(. Unless there is a fix, have to start over seems mmeehhhh. lol =(.

Another victim to this also, no bueno. =(

Huh... That is strange, I thought it automatically added the camps to your map even if you didn't interact with them
    signature image

Rest of the Answer

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Your problem is that you fast traveled to the Base and not the Base Exterior, which is here you were to begin with, head back to a camp which allows fast travel and then fast travel to Mountain Base Exterior, you will be right next to the Radio Tower
    I did the same thing, teleported from the unfinished camp by the radio tower back to the previous camp and was locked into the previous location...not able to go through the pipes.
    To get out of it, I teleported back from the pipe area camp (which is where the pipes are located) to the camp by the radio tower. I than physically back tracked to find the missing piece. By the way, to do this you climb up on the zip line and work your way backwards on the line. Didn't know until now you could do that. Hope this helps.

Hey guys,

I'm really, genuinely sorry that you're all stuck here and unable to finish up the game. I've escalated this issue to the team so they can investigate and try to recreate it.

Thank you for your patience!

Well, thanks for looking into this
    It's heartening to see official replies from both SE and Eidos in such a short time. Other software houses take ages to answer !

Quote Originally Posted by Waffler View Post
    It's not a gamebreaking bug.

Check the map, in the large room right next to the "steamy pipes room" there's a camp.

To reach it, simply jump back up the ledge via the ramp. Use the fire to fast travel out of there. Problem solved.
    If you haven't gotten the next base camp, that doesn't fix anything.. as you can't go any further in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazedirish View Post
    You guys aren't understanding the problem. I myself and stuck here also. The mountain base EXTERIOR campsite which we transported from ISN'T ON THE MAP if you leave before finishing the zone.

I cleared everything up the SECOND base camp in the EXTERIOR, teleported back to get an item I missed aannddd poof, the base camp is gone and you cannot enter the pipes again to continue.

GAME BREAKING.

And the whole multiple saves thing, come on now, that's just silly, who expects a game that gives you ZERO control of saving to have to create multiples just in case the game has a flaw.
    I don't get it. I did the exact same thing and had no problem. Are you talking about the base camp right at the zipline to get to the radio tower? Because I fast traveled back to the Coastal Forest to clear it out and was able fast travel to the same basecamp I left from. :/

PSN ID: Weeze_Raider

I don't get it either.

When the steam is in the crack, the explosion must have happened which means that you've also climbed the radio tower before.

To get there, you must have passed that base camp on the upper ledge which should be on the map.

If you fast travel from the very next base you get to once you get passed the steam crack thing.. that's a day camp, not a base camp. From there you screw your self over since the steam wall magically appears and won't let you pass.

Why it's there in the first place is absolutely beyond me...they basically built in the glitch knowingly.

I've got the same problem as well.

I did not finish the mountain exterior area, instead i fast traveled back to the mountain base the moment i reached the camp where you can fast travel from. However, that camp (in mountain exterior) does not appear on the fast travel selection, so i can't fast travel past the steam vents.

In short: the explosion HAS happened, but i have NOT climbed the entire tower yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazedirish View Post
    You guys aren't understanding the problem. I myself and stuck here also. The mountain base EXTERIOR campsite which we transported from ISN'T ON THE MAP if you leave before finishing the zone.
    There's no way to leave that zone without finishing it other than using the base camp, which puts it on the map. The base camp for the base exterior zone is located in the building with the radio tower.

Or are you saying that you used that camp to leave, then aren't given the option to fast travel back to the base exterior zone?
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillan View Post
    There's no way to leave that zone without finishing it other than using the base camp, which puts it on the map. The base camp for the base exterior zone is located in the building with the radio tower.

Or are you saying that you used that camp to leave, then aren't given the option to fast travel back to the base exterior zone?
    I have the exact same problem. That is exactly what he is saying. We are not given the option to fast travel back to the base exterior zone because no camp shows up on the fast travel menu.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Can we move this to the technical discussion thread, this is a glitch. No one official has replied to my knowledge. Maybe we'll have a better chance if it's in that thread.

I can't tell you for certain, because I didn't experience this (I finished the zone before returning, and at that time there was an option to fast travel to the base camp), but one glitch I have experienced occasionally is a sometime restriction on entering certain tight spaces.

A couple of tombs I've returned to after completing wouldn't let me reenter, at least at first. It would be like I hit an invisible wall and just slammed to a stop. However, a bit of sideways wiggling and a retreat + return let me go ahead in, so you might try that. Go back to the mountain base and try that maintenance crawlspace again. If it's physically blocked it won't work, but if it appears open it just might be glitching to not allow you to squeeze in.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Possible ETA?

Quote Originally Posted by SE_Param View Post
    Thank you for submitting the bug you are experiencing. This is a concern of ours and it will be looked into. We also encourage others to submit similar problems and document your process regarding to solving the issue.
    Hi!

Can you get an ETA when is the patch coming out?

Cheers

same here! I don't want to start all over again

Can they fix those pipes or fix the broken fast travel?, please!

It's been a long time now since the glitch was discovered. Have you heard much frol CD or Eidos?

Same glitch, on Xbox360...

I did fast travel from a camp on Mountain base exterior but the game did not mark the camp... and now, I can't go back.

Did they even tested the game before its release...?

Same problem here... Playing on Xbox360.

just realized there is no problem with the game for me!
    i realized this when i reached the same place in the game after i started over from 30% because i thought there is a bug.
    (no problems i really like this game)

so that bug doesn't exist...for me at least.

Confirmed last patch solved the issue for me, thanks guys !

Quote Originally Posted by Vensalir View Post
    Confirmed last patch solved the issue for me, thanks guys !
    Omg there was a patch?????? is it for ps3?!

Unfortunately, as of now the latest patch is only for PC. Their is no current ETA on when a patch will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by SE_LaTanya View Post
    Unfortunately, as of now the latest patch is only for PC. Their is no current ETA on when a patch will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3.
    oh... ok, well atleast its being worked on <:3 (watches ps3 gather dust :,<)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast