Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steam Pipe Progression Bug | OP updated March 19

There is a camp you can fast travel from
    if you go to the room you get ambushed and turn right then jump off the platform onto the ledge and follow the path and there is a camp

well the issue is, that if you did not unlock the next camp, you can no longer access that whole map (mountain exterior) there is that Day-camp but you cannot fast travel there.

from the camp you are talking about (in the ambush room) is exactly where everyone is stuck, to get to the next part you have go in that steam room , that little crack in the wall right? well its blocked off for good after you pass is once. so if you go back to any other camps , you can never leave again.

Exactly the same situation lovemehate, should we buckle and just start over :S ? They better fix this ASAP!

well its a good 5hrs of work for me.....i had all collected items...i might just wait, am trying to find someone to share their save file....but i might just take it up the brown-round and start over

I know it sucks guys, but if you can create multiple save files.
    signature image

well, you can but the game is pretty straight foreword on saving. its all auto, other then starting a new game it wont even ask.

and its not like skyrim or some massive rpg with 100000 things going on with multi paths and choices....
    and EVERY action game I have ever played has always let me select chapters and what not.

AND all the other pc games I have auto-make multi saves

AND I did not expect a game breaking bug this huge, nor should I.

Thank you for submitting the bug you are experiencing. This is a concern of ours and it will be looked into. We also encourage others to submit similar problems and document your process regarding to solving the issue.

Thank you for submitting the bug you are experiencing. This is a concern of ours and it will be looked into. We also encourage others to submit similar problems and document your process regarding to solving the issue.

awesome, thank you for acknowledging this!

Can you give me a more details on the exact bug that you are getting so I may be able to help you.

sure!
    After completing the map Mountain Base, and entering the crack in the wall to the next map/level Mountain exterior , I got to the part where there is a day camp on my way up to the radio tower, had to save/exit. when i started playing again I went back to another campfire to find some forgotten collectables....

then when I was ready to finish my story and get to the radio tower, I realize there is no unlocked fireplace in Mountain exterior , the closest is in the mountain base. however you can no longer get to mountain exterior as the hole in the wall (with the steam pipes) is now blocked by steam and you automatically get pushed away.

and there is no other way around. it locks you in that part of the game, and unable to finish the story!

here is a video showing the issue

http://youtu.be/LC2ALWexAhg

Can you even share save-games? (and no sorry I can't share it anyways just curious.. I'm already 70%)

for the pc? am sure, every game I have every played (except saints row 3...) I have been able to backup my save file, I format a lot. but like to keep my save file...just in case...

I just started a new game, I hope that this can get fixed so that no one else has to hit this nasty little bug.....
    Other then that, I would give this game a 10/10 .

I ended up starting over again. Such an amazing game with such a massive flaw. It's disappointing.

I'm on the same state here, don't know if I want to start the game all over again but I don't want to wait much for a fix. ;_;

Agreed, the game's real good if you can tolerate a few bugs here and there. As a PC gamer, bad console ports are pretty much the norm these days. Glad to see TR isn't one of them.

same prob on ps3 DX. well atleast se knows about the glitch, might aswell play multiplayer till it gets fixed

It's not a gamebreaking bug.

Check the map, in the large room right next to the "steamy pipes room" there's a camp.

To reach it, simply jump back up the ledge via the ramp. Use the fire to fast travel out of there. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffler View Post
    It's not a gamebreaking bug.

Check the map, in the large room right next to the "steamy pipes room" there's a camp.

To reach it, simply jump back up the ledge via the ramp. Use the fire to fast travel out of there. Problem solved.

Can you guys with this issue confirm that this works? Thanks.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Can you guys with this issue confirm that this works? Thanks.
    Yeah its a Base camp I'm pretty sure. The one in the corner on the second floor? Yeah, you can fast travel from/to there.

PSN ID: Weeze_Raider

Your problem is that you fast traveled to the Base and not the Base Exterior, which is here you were to begin with, head back to a camp which allows fast travel and then fast travel to Mountain Base Exterior, you will be right next to the Radio Tower
    signature image

You can change save slots on xbox it auto saves but every so often I change save slots you have to go to the menu and select change save slot. I do this just in case so i don't have to start over all the way and when you change slots it saves it at the most recent auto save point.

Same thing just happened.. I could only fast travel back to the map room, and then when I tried to proceed through that tunnel.. it's blocked by steam.

This just made the game unplayable, I'm not going to start over.

This was on Xbox 360

You guys aren't understanding the problem. I myself and stuck here also. The mountain base EXTERIOR campsite which we transported from ISN'T ON THE MAP if you leave before finishing the zone.

I cleared everything up the SECOND base camp in the EXTERIOR, teleported back to get an item I missed aannddd poof, the base camp is gone and you cannot enter the pipes again to continue.

GAME BREAKING.

And the whole multiple saves thing, come on now, that's just silly, who expects a game that gives you ZERO control of saving to have to create multiples just in case the game has a flaw.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast