Page 9 of 9 First First ... 56789

Thread: Can I re-download the game?

Can I re-download the game?

Originally Posted by yotambc
    Square Enix, Final Fantasy XIV potential buyers beware:

I feel I must share with you the negative experience I had when dealing with Square Enix, the company that publishes the online game Final Fantasy XIV (A Realm Reborn), and warn you to steer clear of this company and its products, if you are considering purchasing one of them:

Upon hearing that the new version of Final Fantasy XIV was finally out, my 12-year old son urged me to purchase for him, using his hard-earned money, the PC version of the game. He saved up his birthday money and several months of allowance. We paid 25 Euros and downloaded the game, which, indeed looks very very nice.

My son opened up the gave a few times - six times, by his account, and played around with the character configuration. He encountered some connectivity issues, so he only accessed the game once or twice every week.

After a month, the game would not open any more, stating that ‘Your trial period is over”. Huh? Thinking this must be an error, I contacted the support for this game (That is, when I found how to contact them. The company, and the game, have dozens of websites, each looking and behaving differently, a nightmare of usability, with no way to ever return to a page you accessed the day before)

To our surprise, the support stated that we now have to purchase a monthly subscription, starting from $12.99 and up, in order to continue playing.

I pointed out to the support team that this wasn’t stated anywhere on the website when we purchased the game - not the fact that 25 Euros buys us nothing (The month is considered as ’Free 30 day trial period’), and that we need to purchase a costly ($150/year) subscription, to enable the minimal functionality. Have we known this in advance, we would not have bought this game, since my 12-year old son does not have these sums.

The support team claims that the subscription is in fact clearly mentioned in "the User Agreement (point 4.1)” - why not include it in the product description when purchasing? Or tell me how much it is in advance?

I requested a refund, since, clearly, this is not what we wished to buy. Square-Enix would not grant us the refund, stating that ‘the 30 day trial period was up”. Duh? You only cared to tell me that it was a 30 day trial period when it was over, not a minute sooner.

If this game is subscription based, what did we just pay 25 Euros for? If I clearly showed that the information about the subscription is misrepresented and well hidden away, how come Square Enix wouldn’t refund my son the money he has saved up for several months?

Again, I urge anybody who is considering giving Square Enix their money, to steer away, and find a better use for it.

Anyone who has even remotely heard of Final Fantasy online knows it's a pay-to-play.....been that way for ...years. A quick internet search has it on the first hit. When you pay the initial cost of the game...you are paying, basically, for the base game and/or expansions (depending on which item(s) you buy)...and even if you do not continue , or use , your subscription...those games still remain on your HD. So ...no ..your claim that ..."Oh they cheated us"...has no merit. You bought something without doing any research...it clearly states it's a Pay-to-play even on the second and third rate search engines...it says Pay-to-Play.. Next time.....actually look before you leap....know what your buying instead of just blindly rushing to get your credit card out...

Originally Posted by frymus
    I paid for Final Fantasy VII late last year, and wanted to replay the game for nostalgic reasons. To my, now, exceptional disappointment, I will never finish it. Unless I steal it, which I won't.

I now have a different computer and would have liked to install the game. However, Square Enix's policy: "if you buy the game, you can only install it within 60 days" means they're literally STEALING from me. This should be illegal. I paid for the game, and by right, should be able to use it.

How can such a big, known company screw over it's customers in the most obviously dubious manner possible? Their intentions are obviously dubious because they don't need that policy what-so-ever! The account has the purchased game already registered to it! Meaning, just like on Steam, they know you bought the game! They, unlike Steam, won't let you have it.

I will never buy anything Square Enix ever again. I will also make it my mission to make sure no one else does either.

I feel sorry for the employees! Your management has no idea what they're doing!

Square, just because you sent out a notice saying "Oh, mah bad, you can download it between july-august," doesn't free yourself of liability, you crooks. Oh thanks. That really helps the millions of people not checking your website everyday.

It's ONLY data--information. It's not a physical product, where if I break it, I can never use it again. IT'S DATA I ALREADY PAID FOR AND THEY KNOW I PAID FOR IT. There is no reason to keep it from the customer except to * them.

I know this rant will have little impact. But if someone sees this while considering to buy a game from you and it informs them of the company's bad business practices then it was worth it. I've saved them some money and frustration.

-One of the many disgruntled customers

Other customers who have felt the same way:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...php?p=32630272
    http://www.gamespot.com/forums/syste...r-30-29388303/
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=6600
    I feel ya...you paid for an item and probably have the receipt for that purchase...(albeit, it may be an electronic receipt)...
    Still....you did pay for the right to play it when you want.
    Unfortunately, they own the property and right to the games...so..they make the rules..
    And it is good to see that you have some moral fiber....stealing is wrong.
    Hear that SE ?? STEALING IS WRONG...
    This person paid ....legit paid....for one of your titles...Install date shouldn't matter....he paid for the right to play when he wants to.
    I think....as long as there is proof it has been legit paid for......Install date shouldn't be an issue.

how i can Download FF7 again my PC

my avast block (idk why) the game & i dont have access to play it anymore, so have to remove it & now i try to reinstall it & its say "Error: We are facing technical difficulty in downloading the game." ? what i can do ?

I just want my money back. But you guys are making it virtually impossible to access the resource to do so. Please, I really dont want to resort to external calls. Give me the information to facilitate a refund of a purchase and payment of a product that was never rendered to me(stealing).

Thanks for finally solving this problem! This has been a prominent problem in the community for the customers of the FFVII re-release and it's great that it's finally been resolved! ^^ There must have been countless threads voicing this issue since the release for the past two years, but it's good to know that although negative criticisms have been made, they have been taken into consideration and a resolution has finally been reached.

Square-Enix has been ridiculed relentlessly for this issue, particularly in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=554202
    Hopefully this fix can be made known to others who were discontent with the initial inability to redownload the the game.

Personally, I've only had the sudden urge for nostalgia today to redownload the game since purchasing the re-release over the summer heh, so I wasn't nearly as frustrated with this issue as others were for the past two years. Although it was a chore for finding this overlooked thread, hopefully its existence can help ease some of the negative feelings the community has for the company.

Looking forward to that Final Fantasy VIII PC rerelease/remake btw! :3

I bought it but closed the window that has my serial key. How do I find it?

Originally Posted by Crough
    I found out how to re-download the game. It's a hoop to jump through but, in all honesty it's not all that hard and only took me a couple minutes to find out.

www.findmyorder.com/store/findmyor/en_US...

Go to that link, go to the section to do with re-downloading (it should be at the very top of the page the way I linked it), and follow the instructions. Mine is installing on my new machine as we speak, I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

Cheers.

As of 12-04-13, this method works still for Digital River, I missed the part of the 30day limit, and had to re-install windows.

How to recover a game

Hi everybody,
    I bought Final Fantasy 7 a while ago but I recently had to format my computer which lead to the game being uninstalled and I had deleted the installer. So my question is: is there any way I can redownload the setup for my Final fantasy 7 without having to rebuy the game and if so how do I do that?

Thanks you for any helpful answers

Same thing happen to me... i wanted to play this game again and when i checked my account i can't see a damn button so i can redownload the game wtf... you seriously need to buy it again? i hope not because this is like stealing... can't even see my achievements that took a long time to complete i demand answers because this is BS

Contact customer support.

its much easyier .... try this after logging in to Store site:

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/che...&option=orders

There u have ur Purchase List with Codes and for final Fantasy 7 the Download Option (Click here for Downloading the Game)

hi,

i have the same problem with FF 14: ARR.
    i see the the game was bought by me (pre-order) but theres no option to redownload the game.

Final Fantasy 7 (serious problems)

Hi I bought FF7 while in the online store and after formatting my pc several times and not let me install the game. It says my code has been used many times. What do I do now? Have I paid for not playing? How am I supposed to solve these problems?

SE is a great company, but sometimes you have large errors.

Please give me my game or my money back.

(Sorry for my English, use google, I'm Spanish.)

It sounds like you used up all the times you could use your activation code. You can try emailing SE, but you may have to just re-buy the game. I know that isn't what you want to hear but at least you are supporting a really really really good game.
    You don't need a reason to help people
    ~Zidane Tribal

Contact customer support.

How is it possible

There something that i don't unterstand.... how is it possible thta i have purchased FF7 and now I cannot download again but i have to another time!!!! Non sense!!!!

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

would like to redownload FF7

It has been a few years but i would like to play FF7 again but i can't seem to find where to download it at. I purchased it on aug 20 2012 for pc through the square enix website

Did you find out how? I'm stuck with the same problem.

Redownloading

I bought the PC version of FF7 a while back since i do a replay about once a year. I reformatted my computer and lost the game and I can't seem to find a way to redownload on the site. Is there a way that I am not seeing or do you have to rebuy the game?

Page 9 of 9 First First ... 56789