Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Can I re-download the game?

Can I re-download the game?

Where is the option to download FF7 again after allready paying for it ?

Once you have paid for & installed Final Fantasy 7 from the Square store & then uninstalled it how & where is the option to redownload it again can someone tell me please ?

yeah I just bought it and I didn't get a download link or anything

just got my download if you still have your confirmation email you should be able to download it again from the digital river website

So.. apparently you can only download the install file for 30 days..

then you gotta rebuy the game to download it again....

what's up with this?

Yeah, square enix should totally load it onto 'STEAM'. Then you buy it, you own it. Not rent and forget to take it back lol. Get with the program guys ^^

Ciaos

hmm doesnt say that u have only 30 day access on the description i dont thnk. i am in the middle of my DL when i saw this post

So what If I do not have the email anymore ?

Who do I contact? I am from the United Kingdom so I have the EU version

What information will they need to verify me ?

need some details please much apreciated

If I do not have the email anymore how do I go about this can you supply any details please ?

You can put your order number in the www.findmyorder.com website to reach the download link.

[I can't download Final Fantasy 30 days after buying it? WTF?!]

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347...

Originally Posted by Robert Peeler

This shouldn't be the case, we'll look into it.

How can I re-download after 30 days?

Digital River will not let me download my file since the order was originally placed 30 days ago. I have a new computer. So, how do I go about playing the game that I already paid for?

Steam is a good platform, but it also has it's own DRM which i cannot stand for. I had 3 activations in my game and it seems i run out activations, since i had to format my hdd few times and now i upgraded to Windows 8. So now i have a useless copy of the game on my harddrive which doesn't work and all thanks belongs to the horrible SecuROM DRM.

Dear Square, if you can re-release Tomb Raider games and Legacy of Kain games DRM-Free on GOG, then why the hell can't you re-release FF 7 on GOG? Or can you give a DRM-Free copy of the game to all of those who bought the game from your broken store.

I have never been insulted like this before.

I had to install windows again and try to download the game and got this message:

"Sorry,

It is too late to download this file. You were allowed to download within 30 days.

If you have any questions, please contact Digital River Customer Service at CustomerServices@digitalriver.com."

Then I lost the game?

They replied my mail:

"Dear Rodrigo,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

We do understand that you wish to redownload your FINAL FANTASY VII. We
    apologize for the inconvenience.

All download products purchased through the Square Enix online store
    have a period of 30 days from the date of purchase in which a download
    can be completed. This time period is able to be expanded to a maximum
    of 2 years with the purchase of the Extended Download Service.

As a ccourtesy, we have extended the download availability to allow
    additional attempts. Please download the product until 11/11/12 7:10:09
    PM CST.\"

Please give us the ability to do this.

It's not like we didnt pay money for the game.

I found the fix as long as you have the original order confirmation email. Click the link to "www.findmyorder.com", verify your info, and then you will be shown a page with the download link and the serial number.

Hope this helps!

I found the fix as long as you have the original order confirmation email. Click the link to "www.findmyorder.com", verify your info, and then you will be shown a page with the download link and the serial number.

Hope this helps!

You will be able to get more information about your order from Digital River's website or by contacting them. We appreciate the continued feedback in regards to this issue. I can assure you that we are indeed investigating it presently.

Originally Posted by SE_Chris

You will be able to get more information about your order from Digital River's website or by contacting them. We appreciate the continued feedback in regards to this issue. I can assure you that we are indeed investigating it presently.

This was brought up back in early October, and your FAQ even states that after 30 days customers are SOL. Sorry, but Square Enix is operating under 1999 era rules here which is just not acceptable. Square Enix already publishes on Steam, there's no reason why it can't be on there which would mean that people could download their game 30 days after.

So in short, you're at their mercy, which is really a bunch of balogna. Like others are finding out, 30 days maximum to download the content which is completely bass-ackwards for 2012.

No, Square-Enix isn't "investigating" the issue, this is how it's supposed to be even according to their documentation.

Originally Posted by Astral

Steam is a good platform, but it also has it's own DRM which i cannot stand for. I had 3 activations in my game and it seems i run out activations, since i had to format my hdd few times and now i upgraded to Windows 8. So now i have a useless copy of the game on my harddrive which doesn't work and all thanks belongs to the horrible SecuROM DRM.

Dear Square, if you can re-release Tomb Raider games and Legacy of Kain games DRM-Free on GOG, then why the hell can't you re-release FF 7 on GOG? Or can you give a DRM-Free copy of the game to all of those who bought the game from your broken store.

I have never been insulted like this before.

Steam has it's own DRM but it's nowhere near as restrictive as Digital River, and even then allows you to download your title as long as you own it. (I own a few games that can't be sold on there anymore, yet I can still play them.)

The combination of SecuROM and Digital River is what is barring customers from playing. It's as if Square-Enix just started doing online sales.

Originally Posted by Robert Peeler

This shouldn't be the case, we'll look into it.

And? you're looking into it and?

It would of been nice to know I only had 30 days at the time of purchase

its been a month whats the problem? can I re-download the game or not? are you going to give refunds or downloads?

Technical issues with [FINAL FANTASY VII] belong in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

If I keep a copy of the Final_Fantasy_VII_DownloadManager.exe file saved on my google drive or dropbox account will I be ok to install this game after 30 days since I still have my serial or does that expire after 30 days?

Talk about the worst buisness model I have ever seen!

Note to self: Make over 100 backups just in case and i might upload the installer [keyless of course meaning you need to put your own key in] so nobody has to put up with this stupid model.

Yep... Just noticed the same thing for me. Wow.. I have never been so screwed over before. I am a huge fan of Square Enix, but this experience has made me lose a lot of faith in them. I seriously can't redownload a game I paid for? I have never, ever, had this problem with anyone before. I feel truly scammed. Kinda makes me want to side with pirates out there. If companies are going to do this to me, then something needs to be done to them. Sad day.

Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last