Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Thread: Can I re-download the game?

Can I re-download the game?

Can I re-download the game?

I was checking out the FAQ after i bought the game because i was bored, link down below, when i came across a question that said:

"I want to re-download my purchase, but the Download button is gone.
    There are a couple reasons why you wouldn't see a button (where there previously was one) to download your purchase. If the order is older than 30 days , then the download period has expired.
    More questions? Back to Main Help Page"

This kind of angers me.. If it turns out to be true I will have a hard time ever trusting this company again.. Can a representative confirm this wont happen?

https://store.na.square-enix.com/DRH...S&Env=BASE#q14

Yes, hense why you need to make a back up of your download. I would recommend going to box.com and getting their free 50 gig's of storage.

Originally Posted by tribalwar
    Yes, hense why you need to make a back up of your download. I would recommend going to box.com and getting their free 50 gig's of storage.
    good idea!

I wanted to piggy-back on this and ask a question I'm curious about.

Is this 30 days for the small 364kb Final_Fantasy_VII_DownloadManager.exe or the much larger file and double .bin that come after?

I am not 100% sure, but as it is being downloaded thru Digital River, I believe the download button just dissapears after 30 days.

Make a backup of your install files to a USB stick or online backup service.

Originally Posted by tribalwar

Its actually 5G free or 50G for $20/month. Unless you are just advertising for them.... I'm watching you.

And if you are going free, each File has to be less than 100Mb. Please understand that a few files are over 100Mbs, So Box.com is a nogo if you want to back up FF7 on it.

not advertising, just posting what I got a few weeks back... I didn't see the upload limit though.

This is ridiculous and unacceptable. Steam doesn't have any limits on when I download a game I have purchased. Why should SE's online store? Lesson learned, I won't purchase any other game off of here. That's for sure.

Worse comes to worse I will pirate it and get an even better copy without all the stupid DRM. Because this version will be cracked. It's just a matter of time. This is 2012 SE. Stop punishing the people paying for and supporting your games. I am only buying FF7 out of love and to show support. Other than that there are zero reasons to purchase it because your actually punishing me for buying it.

Originally Posted by Mite

This is ridiculous and unacceptable. Steam doesn't have any limits on when I download a game I have purchased. Why should SE's online store? Lesson learned, I won't purchase any other game off of here. That's for sure.

Worse comes to worse I will pirate it and get an even better copy without all the stupid DRM. Because this version will be cracked. It's just a matter of time. This is 2012 SE. Stop punishing the people paying for and supporting your games. I am only buying FF7 out of love and to show support. Other than that there are zero reasons to purchase it because your actually punishing me for buying it.

Well if the main problem is that you cant have multiple editons, then just purcahse it and use your 3 codes, then go and pirate it since you have purchased it and you deserve to have more than 3 copies.

Can you seriously not download the game after 30 days? I was planning on downloading it today but now I am hesitant. I will be getting a new PC later this year, and if I cannot download this game to it a couple of months from now then I see no reason in spending the money at this present moment. Square Enix needs to rethink this policy, it is absurd.

I am buying my copy at midnight. My girlfriend already bought her copy and it appears she was only given one code. So I am not sure what your saying about the 3 codes. Care to elaborate?

My problem is if my hard drive fails or anything bad happens with my PC after 30 days of my purchase. I've lost the game permanently. GameStop's old online store did the same with The Sims 3 over the course of a few years after my girlfriend used up her six downloads. Now I simply refuse to buy games from GameStop's online store.

This means anyone who buys FFVII from SE gets the shaft after 30 days if they do not make back ups of the game. That isn't very hard to do but then again I've never had to make a back up of a game I bought off of Steam. It's just surprising Square Enix is not ready for the online digital market. Aside from being a game developer they are a huge publisher for many different games. FFVII will be my one and only purchase from their store. I am really only concerned for other players who might not be aware of this limit. I have no issues pirating a copy of a game I have purchased. They got my money. I'll get my game. That's fair if I do say so myself. It probably does break some kind of agreement or some nonsense lawyers came up with but I am old fashioned and logical.

Just to be clear I am not promoting piracy of the game. SE is already doing that itself with all the issues a consumer must deal with to own a legit copy of the game. I am just saying I will resort to that to get a working copy of a game I have already purchased from an authorized seller. People should pay for their games to help support the developers and their companies. Just in the case with video games. Sometimes the developers get a little stupid and end up hurting the customer buying the game. Not the people trying to steal the game. When this happens I just buy the game and find a cracked version. I honestly wonder how long it will take the industry before they realize DRM isn't solving anything. People who want to steal games will find a way and people who want to buy games will continue to buy them.

You only get 1 serial key, and from what others have said in this thread, it can be activated on 3 different machines.

DRM sucks, and I am really wondering why they even bothered on a game this old.

Originally Posted by MoonUnit

You only get 1 serial key, and from what others have said in this thread, it can be activated on 3 different machines.

DRM sucks, and I am really wondering why they even bothered on a game this old.

Dont worry, someone will make a crack for that. Prolly, at least to where it skips the validation and just lets you log in...I hope at least ._.;

would be nice if there will be a official response to this!

caus i asked the support and they told me this:

so either the support guy has no clue or the point in the FAQ is just wrong

edit: i asked the support AGAIN and he told me: SEE Agent Michael: That is a north american FAQ and as far as we are aware the restriction will not be the same.

so north america has the restriction and europe wont? lol....

According to the download FAQ posted here:

store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Acti...

the download period for Final Fantasy 7 on PC expires in 30 days. If so, why does this clasuse esxist and why did SquareEnix decide to go against common e-store (Steam and GOG.com) policy that allows for permainent re-downloads? Plese fix ether this typo or company policy. I usually have to replace my OS on compulter usually once per year, and I dont want to worry about finding FF7 after I wipe drive. Please fix this as soon as possible.

I don't agree with that policy either, but soon, someone will "fix" that sooner or later.

Yeah this seems kind of an odd policy... just have a permanent download link in the games page when you register a game... there is no reason to restrict our downloads.... just... retarded.

Also, get your internet-required DRM out of my game, so I can play it without and internet connection.

Originally Posted by imported_Robert

Yeah this seems kind of an odd policy... just have a permanent download link in the games page when you register a game... there is no reason to restrict our downloads.... just... retarded.

Also, get your internet-required DRM out of my game, so I can play it without and internet connection.

Again, this will be decypted soon enough.

I could probably do it myself. The point isnt that it won't be, its that they made it this way.

I shouldnt have to crack my game to get an expected functionallity out of it due to DRM madness.

Originally Posted by imported_Robert

I could probably do it myself. The point isnt that it won't be, its that they made it this way.

I shouldnt have to crack my game to get an expected functionallity out of it due to DRM madness.

No, you shouldn't have to, but it's restrictions like this that make it all the more tempting.

A 30 day download limit is going to be so much fun next month, people doing a clean install of windows 8 when it comes out.

People do re-install pc's so it would be nice if we got a clear warning about this.

Does anyone know where to go to download the game in the event you have to format or get a new hard drive? Also I know that you can register your games on your account and Ive done so, but FF7 only appears about half the time as a registered game. Ive had nothing but problems and headaches dealing with this website and their inability to make their North American site different from their EU site too.

Square, maybe you need to be a bit more concerned about your customers experiences. Also make your website a bit more user friendly instead of spamming my screen with this Sleeping Dogs crap.

I'd like to know where this is as well. I know you can only download it up to 3 times but I just bought it yesterday on my cousin's pc just to try it out and was only able to download it once, when I go back to the game website it wants me to buy it again? I know there was a faq somewhere that told you how to redownload it (something about the download button disappearing after 30 days or some garbage) and I can't find it anywhere.

I'm having the same problem, I want to download it onto my desktop in case my laptop craps out anytime soon as I downloaded it onto my laptop last night, but can't find out how to redownload it...

What is the point of cloud saves if you cant have the game in multiple locations?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last